Windows 10: BSOF when attempting to install Windows 10 update 1909

Discus and support BSOF when attempting to install Windows 10 update 1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So for a while I've been trying to update windows 10 to the version 1909, but at the end it always fails and reverts the update. I'm not sure why it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TopOnPC, Jan 19, 2020.

1. TopOnPC Win User

BSOF when attempting to install Windows 10 update 1909

So for a while I've been trying to update windows 10 to the version 1909, but at the end it always fails and reverts the update. I'm not sure why it does this or what causes it. When looking at the update history I see that it failed to update with the error 0xc1900101. I looked into that error and found the rollback error log.

2020-01-19 15:55:19, Error [SetupPlatform.exe] failed to find partition by offset 999679852544. Error: 0X12
    2020-01-19 15:55:19, Error SP CSetupPlatformOSSwitchCheckpoint::Rollback: Failed to restore WinRE from the backup directory. hr = 0x00000000

That's what's in the log file. I'm not sure what it means so if anyone could help out I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

:)

TopOnPC, Jan 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jan 19, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 19, 2020
  4. BSOF when attempting to install Windows 10 update 1909

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

BSOF when attempting to install Windows 10 update 1909

1. BSOF when attempting to install Windows 10 update 1909 - Similar Threads - BSOF attempting install

2. BSOF Code 133

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOF Code 133: For the last two months when i am running games/surfing, my computer keeps randomly restarting First freezing then crash. When I look at the reliability report for why, I get the following.. Problemhændelsesnavn: BlueScreenKode: 133Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 1e00Parameter 3:...
  3. Multiple attempts to update "Window 10 V 1909" failed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple attempts to update "Window 10 V 1909" failed.: I am running "Window 10 Home, Version 1909" on my Dell desktop XPS 8700. For last few times, installations of updates is failing. Now, I tried the following:Run update manually.Install Window version 21H1 Nothing is working! Now, on the update page, it is saying "Your device...
  4. Constant BSOF

Constant BSOF: I'm constantly having Blue Screen errors since a few weeks back, already reinstalled windows 2 times, went back 1 update and updated all drivers.Here is the last mini dump.DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVELor...
  5. Windows 10 crashing when attempting to install update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 crashing when attempting to install update: Hello, everyone! I am trying to install updates through Windows 10's auto update feature. However, every time my laptop tried to install Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based systems (KB4592438), it crashed, most frequently with a blue screen, once with...
  6. Windows 10 crashing when attempting to install update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashing when attempting to install update: Hello, everyone! I am trying to install updates through Windows 10's auto update feature. However, every time my laptop tried to install Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based systems KB4592438, it crashed, most frequently with a blue screen, once with a...
  7. Feature update to Windows 10 version 1909 - failed install attempt - 0x80070001

Feature update to Windows 10 version 1909 - failed install attempt - 0x80070001: Hello, Does anybody know how to make it work please? I have been trying for many times but my Windows 10 laptop has repeatedly failed to install version 1909 quoting problem? 0x80070001 and displaying the following text: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 Last...
  8. Windows 10: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 Last failed install attempt on...

Windows 10: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 Last failed install attempt on...: Hello, I have an HP Omen with Windows 10 OS on a 250GB SSD C: with 112GB free. User directories and data is on D:, a 2TB HDD. Every attempted update of 1909 has failed since its release with the same error "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 Last failed install...
  9. Weird attempt by Windows to enforce 1909 update on me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Weird attempt by Windows to enforce 1909 update on me: I have a laptop still on Windows 10 1809 I was planning any way to update it to 20H1 when its out in a week . Funny enough starting 3 days ago and out of the blue Windows update decided to enforce the 1909 update on me , it had never offered me any further feature update...
  10. WINDOWS 10 1809, 1909 FRESH INSTALL ERRORS BSOF SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS 10 1809, 1909 FRESH INSTALL ERRORS BSOF SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hello, Please I need help with this, it is driving me crazy. Recently I started to use my laptop more often. It is an Acer Aspire 7 with i7 8750H, gtx 1050ti and came with 8gb of ram. I changed it to a kit of 16 gb ddr4 x 2 32gb. I get randomly BSOD with the...