Windows 10: BT-144 Floppy Desk Drive no longer accessable as a result of updates

Discus and support BT-144 Floppy Desk Drive no longer accessable as a result of updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Original purchase of my Dell XPS 8930 Nov. 2019 installed with the windows 10 would accommodate the BYTECC BT-144 Floppy desk drive. However, ever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by My Desktop, Apr 1, 2020.

1. BT-144 Floppy Desk Drive no longer accessable as a result of updates

Original purchase of my Dell XPS 8930 Nov. 2019 installed with the windows 10 would accommodate the BYTECC BT-144 Floppy desk drive. However, ever since Microsoft updated the software on several occasions, it no longer recognizes the device. I visited the Device Manager and found the following error message : Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Fail , Problem code 43 . I would like to restore the USB program Native / Built -in software to accommodate the BT-144 Floppy desk drive, since much of the 1.44 mb desks has stored important data.

I have tried installing a USB 2.0 Driver, using a CD desk programed from a 32 bit Windows Dell machine. Windows 10 should still recognize and process this program, But it doesn't!

Will appreciate Microsoft help and/or download to remedy this problem. Thanks!

:)

My Desktop, Apr 1, 2020

2. can no longer read/write floppy disks with win 7

sorry... wasn't clear... I have a BT-144 USB Portable Floppy Drive that used to work. Not it doesn't... we can't read or reformat & all the conversations I found don't have fixes....

garyduncan1, Apr 1, 2020
  3. SlickQ. Win User
    BYTECC USB PORTABLE DISKETTE DRIVE BT-144

Looking for software to use it with win 10.

BYTECC USB PORTABLE DISKETTE DRIVE BT-144

SlickQ., Apr 1, 2020
  4. digger-g Win User

BT-144 Floppy Desk Drive no longer accessable as a result of updates

samsung usb floppy drive

Hello,

I have now got a driver installed, Microsoft dated 21/06/2006 ver 10.0.10586.0, Status working properly.

The icon is now present. clicking on this brings the box up 'A:\ not accessible. The Floppy disk controller returned inconsistent results in it's register'.

In the device manager the Floppy drive is listed without any warning triangle but I don't see a floppy disk controller.

Hope this helps. I hope so. Thank you

digger-g, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

BT-144 Floppy Desk Drive no longer accessable as a result of updates

1. BT-144 Floppy Desk Drive no longer accessable as a result of updates - Similar Threads - 144 Floppy Desk

2. Microsoft Help Desk: Support Chat no longer accessible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Help Desk: Support Chat no longer accessible?: A friend of mine is struggling with an issue on their laptop and I went to get the link to Microsoft's Support Chat, where a small window would pop up and you'd wait for someone to connect to you and help you out with the issue. I've gone through the normal links but instead...
  3. Microsoft Help Desk: Support Chat no longer accessible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Help Desk: Support Chat no longer accessible?: A friend of mine is struggling with an issue on their laptop and I went to get the link to Microsoft's Support Chat, where a small window would pop up and you'd wait for someone to connect to you and help you out with the issue. I've gone through the normal links but instead...
  4. Microsoft Help Desk: Support Chat no longer accessible?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External floppy drive

External floppy drive: Will Microsoft ever come out with a driver to support external floppy drives for windows 10 pro? What have you done to windows 10 & 10 pro? So so many people want a answer. * Moved from Mobile Devices...
  6. USB Floppy Drive

USB Floppy Drive: I have a USB floppy drive that I cannot connect to my desktop. This PC is running Windows 10. In addition this drive is seen in the device Manager but not in the Windows Explorer...
  7. Floppy disk drive driver

Floppy disk drive driver: I have a Sony external USB FDD identified by my Windows 10 control panel as MPF-MSRW1. Although my PC identifies it as present, the driver it has used does not seem to work. I have used Troubleshooter and Update Driver facilities but neither is able to determine a driver that...
  8. Extra Floppy Drive?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extra Floppy Drive?!: For some reason, Windows says I have a floppy drive, even though I don't have one connected, or even in the computer case! But when I try to do something with it, Like try to place a disk in it, nothing happens! Please tell me how to fix this ghost floppy disk!...
  9. Computer without a floppy disk drive that indicates a floppy disk drive? :-(

Computer without a floppy disk drive that indicates a floppy disk drive? :-(: Hello all I have Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop computer with Windows 10 (build 1809) up to date! The computer works very well and does not have a floppy disk, never have and will never have because no port is provided on the motherboard for this! Yet in the "Device Manager",...
  10. BYTECC USB PORTABLE DISKETTE DRIVE BT-144

BYTECC USB PORTABLE DISKETTE DRIVE BT-144: Looking for software to use it with win 10. BYTECC USB PORTABLE DISKETTE DRIVE BT-144 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bytecc-usb-portable-diskette-drive-bt-144/786d7692-91fd-4d16-816a-860f615940c9