Windows 10: BT Soundbar connected but no sound

Discus and support BT Soundbar connected but no sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Recently purchased an Asus desktop, connected my Taotronics soundbar but no sound. Been through it all, disconnect, connect, unpair, pair,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EckoFox, Jan 10, 2021.

1. EckoFox Win User

BT Soundbar connected but no sound

Hello,

Recently purchased an Asus desktop, connected my Taotronics soundbar but no sound. Been through it all, disconnect, connect, unpair, pair, reset, reboot, updated all latest drivers, uninstalled, reinstalled. My cell phone connects immediately to the soundbar, so does the tv. Then I connected my BT earbuds to the pc and it connected immediately.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you

:)

EckoFox, Jan 10, 2021

2. external soundbar dips in sound till quieter than laptop speakers

Hi Bebecca,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; is the issue occurs only with the external Soundbar?

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 10, 2021
  3. LG Soundbar SJ9 shown as SiliconImage

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort in trying to fix the audio issues on your Windows 10 device.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Are you aware of any recent changes made on the device?
    3. Which version of Windows is running on your device?

You may try the below suggested step and check if the issue still persists.

Method 1

Set LG Soundbar as default play back device

1. Click on Volume icon from the taskbar.
    2. Click on Sounds and click on
      Playback
      tab.
    3. Select LG Soundbar and click on Set as default to check the status of the issue.

You may also refer the suggested steps and try to follow the same from the article
    Help Library.

I suggest you to refer the article Fix sound problems in Windows 10
    for more troubleshooting steps.

If the issue still persists try updating the latest Firmware & Drivers from the
    manufacture’s website.

Click on Support section and select the preferred option under
    Contact Us to get in touch with the manufacturer support for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Jaffakeik Win User

SOundbar dont give sound with HDMI(SOLVED)

I recently bought soundbar yamaha ysp 2500 as it supports 2.0 hdmi connection I bought cable 2.0a So i guess its still 2.0 and should be fine. I connected it with port ARC on soundbar with port ARC on TV(panasonic dx700b) But there is no sound I tried all possible variations with all HDMI ports on soundbar and on TV, but no sound. IT works perfectly with Optical, but I want it with HDMI as well to get all features. So what am I doing wrong?
    And btw I tried with other HDMI cables like 1.4 version still nothing.
    HDMI-CEC witch is called Viera-link on my TV is enabled as I read forums. SO what exactly ports do I need to connect on Sbar and on TV.
    Or the problem is somewhere else?

Jaffakeik, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

1. BT Soundbar connected but no sound - Similar Threads - Soundbar connected sound

2. BT Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BT Connection Issues: Hi, I have a strange problem that has driven me crazy for the last 3 days. I am trying to use dynamic lock for my laptop. However, my phone can not connect to the laptop via Bluetooth. On the other hand, I have no problem while using the Windows Phone Link application or Asus...
  3. BT Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BT Connection Issues: Hi, I have a strange problem that has driven me crazy for the last 3 days. I am trying to use dynamic lock for my laptop. However, my phone can not connect to the laptop via Bluetooth. On the other hand, I have no problem while using the Windows Phone Link application or Asus...
  4. Soundbar HT-RT5 is not connecting to my computer

Soundbar HT-RT5 is not connecting to my computer: Im connecting the sound bar from Display port PC output to hdmi soundbar input on my graphics cardthe only other connection i have on it is HDMI to HDMI for my monitorI went to device manager and it says it is not plugged in even though it isI connected the soundar to other...
  5. Increasing or decreasing the soundbar does not change the sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increasing or decreasing the soundbar does not change the sound.: Hello. A few months ago I noticed that suddenly turning the volume down or up on my computer doesn't change the volume, but when I plug in headphones the problem goes away, when I remove it the problem reappears. When I make the volume between 1-100, the sound as if it is on...
  6. Increasing or decreasing the soundbar does not change the sound.

Increasing or decreasing the soundbar does not change the sound.: Hello. A few months ago I noticed that suddenly turning the volume down or up on my computer doesn't change the volume, but when I plug in headphones the problem goes away, when I remove it the problem reappears. When I make the volume between 1-100, the sound as if it is on...
  7. Sound Driver for Vizio soundbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Driver for Vizio soundbar: I have a windows 11 PC and am using my TV as a monitor via HDMI and also using a Vizio 2.0 sound bar model SB2020n-G6 for sound. It was working fin until today. I think that I must have uninstalled the sound driver from windows. Can someone point me to a site that has this...
  8. Sound Driver for Vizio soundbar

Sound Driver for Vizio soundbar: I have a windows 11 PC and am using my TV as a monitor via HDMI and also using a Vizio 2.0 sound bar model SB2020n-G6 for sound. It was working fin until today. I think that I must have uninstalled the sound driver from windows. Can someone point me to a site that has this...
  9. BT Headphones sound output and mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BT Headphones sound output and mic: I have a problem with my Bluetooth headset. When connected to Bluetooth on WIN10, I get two audio devices one are headphones and others are hands free device. When I use headphones only they work fine, outputting audio normally but as soon as I turn on the microphone in...
  10. Laptop no longer connects to soundbar.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop no longer connects to soundbar.: Just out of the blue after a Windows 10 update my laptop no longer connects to my soundbar. My printer was also disabled at the same time however I was able to correct that issue through troubleshooting. When troubleshooting the soundbar problem it tells me that the device is...