Windows 10: BT Speaker paired, connected but not playing sounds in videos in VLC nor WMP

Discus and support BT Speaker paired, connected but not playing sounds in videos in VLC nor WMP in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had some fake AirPods that after a lot of messing around connected perfectly. I have now bought a BT Speaker that pairs, connects but does not play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Louis Windsor, May 13, 2020.

1. BT Speaker paired, connected but not playing sounds in videos in VLC nor WMP

I had some fake AirPods that after a lot of messing around connected perfectly.

I have now bought a BT Speaker that pairs, connects but does not play sounds from VLC nor Windows Media Player. Like the fake AirPods it seems to have two devices

a A Headset - BT SPEAKER Hands Free AG Audio and

b A Headphones - BT-SPEAKER Stereo

I tried setting each one as the default device but neither plays sounds. When it pairs it does play a chime so it is annoying when it doesn't make any noises otherwise....

One seems to identify as an output device and the other as an input device. I've swapped them around with no audible difference. With my fake AirPods swapping these around made them work.... The fake AirPods died so are no longer an option. The price of cheap fakes :

As usual the BT Speaker came with NO instructions. I have been trying everything I can think off to no avail. I would appreciate guidance from anyone who has been through this and emerged a winner....

Testing does NOT work with either device. But pairing and removing the BT_SPEAKER makes encouraging noises.

I reported a similar problem with the fake AirPods but they resolved with swapping the devices around output/input. No such luck with the SPEAKER....

I have searched the community but only found old locked questions from 2018. I am surprised not to see more recent questions.

Thanks in anticipation....

:)

Louis Windsor, May 13, 2020
  2. Tobbe Win User

Can't select paired bluetooth speaker as sound output (Windows 10)

I just got a new bluetooth speaker, an Urbanears Stammen (concrete grey)

I can connect to it from my phone, using Bluetooth, and play back sound no problem. But I can't get my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 15) to use it as a playback device.

I can connect and pair to it no problem, as you see in the screenshot below

BT Speaker paired, connected but not playing sounds in videos in VLC nor WMP ehlZX.png

It also shows up under bluetooth in the device manager. It's not listed under "Audio inputs and outputs", which I thought it should be, but I can see it under "Sound, video and game controllers".

BT Speaker paired, connected but not playing sounds in videos in VLC nor WMP d4Fvh.png

But I can't select it as a playback device BT Speaker paired, connected but not playing sounds in videos in VLC nor WMP :(

BT Speaker paired, connected but not playing sounds in videos in VLC nor WMP DNCNI.png

I found this relevant superuser question: Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

And I tried the suggested steps listed there, but nothing helped BT Speaker paired, connected but not playing sounds in videos in VLC nor WMP :(

Any further ideas I could try?

Tobbe, May 13, 2020
  3. wtf8269 Win User
    WMP no longer plays internet videos.

When watching videos (such as on streetfire.net), both Flash Player and WMP are available to play videos. I much prefer WMP because it has better sound quality and can go full screen. However, my friend's WMP won't work to play videos on there anymore. Now neither will mine. It's not just that site either, that's just the site I most want to watch videos on lol. Any ideas/suggestions?

wtf8269, May 13, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

BT Speaker paired, connected but not playing sounds in videos in VLC nor WMP

Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 13, 2020
Thema:

BT Speaker paired, connected but not playing sounds in videos in VLC nor WMP

1. BT Speaker paired, connected but not playing sounds in videos in VLC nor WMP - Similar Threads - Speaker paired connected

2. Bluetooth Pairing With Speakers but not connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth Pairing With Speakers but not connecting: Hello, since i fomated my PC : ASUS ROG G741JW and reinstalled everything. I tried to connect bluetooth speakers and headphones. Unfortunately, my audio devices Pair with my computer but won't connect and only audio bluetooth devices, xbox controller works fine. I tried...
  3. Pairing New Bluetooth Speaker BREAKS pairing w/ old BT speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pairing New Bluetooth Speaker BREAKS pairing w/ old BT speaker: Greetings, I got a new BT speaker for the wifey. Wanted to test it on my laptop first. Worked great. Removed pairing, gave her the speaker. I went to repair my old speaker, it pairs, but disconnects if SLEEP or REBOOT happens. When it tries to reconnect -- fails. In Action...
  4. Pairing New Bluetooth Speaker BREAKS pairing w/ old BT speaker

Pairing New Bluetooth Speaker BREAKS pairing w/ old BT speaker: Greetings, I got a new BT speaker for the wifey. Wanted to test it on my laptop first. Worked great. Removed pairing, gave her the speaker. I went to repair my old speaker, it pairs, but disconnects if SLEEP or REBOOT happens. When it tries to reconnect -- fails. In Action...
  5. BT Soundbar connected but no sound

BT Soundbar connected but no sound: Hello, Recently purchased an Asus desktop, connected my Taotronics soundbar but no sound. Been through it all, disconnect, connect, unpair, pair, reset, reboot, updated all latest drivers, uninstalled, reinstalled. My cell phone connects immediately to the soundbar, so...
  6. My BT headphones pair but don't connect

My BT headphones pair but don't connect: My BT pairs but doesn't connect , i have a csr 4.0 dongle , file transfer between phone and pc works [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bt-headphones-pair-but-dont-connect/f32d89d0-6bc9-4f3a-8aec-3a68664953cb
  7. WMP and VLC no longer play mp3s

WMP and VLC no longer play mp3s: Just tried to play some music with WMP; wouldn't work. Just get a red X next to the track. But it worked fine a few minutes beforehand. Same with VLC. VLC actually plays the track but no sound comes out. Using the AISO3ALL driver for my DAW and all audio I/O goes through my...
  8. video does not play and there is no sound from speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video does not play and there is no sound from speakers: videos do not play and the speakers are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/video-does-not-play-and-there-is-no-sound-from/740f39c8-966c-4010-811b-a67ed5abff99
  9. Bluetooth speaker paired but not connected

Bluetooth speaker paired but not connected: Speaker connected via bluetooth originally able to play audio from my msi laptop. Suddenly one day turns out to be no sound although showed paired bluetooth devices. The speaker shown no problem playing from my handphone via bluetooth. Tried online solution--uninstall and...
  10. WMP and Edge can't play popular format type of sound and video

in Windows 10 Support
    WMP and Edge can't play popular format type of sound and video: I don't know why but this is happen to my PC, seem like WMP and Edge can't not play mp3 and mp4 as normal, it just lag, but they can play both flv and vob very well. How can I fix it ? 16790

Users found this page by searching for:

1. airpods are paired but wont connect windows