Windows 10: BTTray ERROR: Unable to start the Bluetooth stack service

Discus and support BTTray ERROR: Unable to start the Bluetooth stack service in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'd been having this message come up on my Dell XPS laptop for a while.... and I have had random disconnects for my Bluetooth mouse - Logitech MX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steve-au, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Steve-au Win User

BTTray ERROR: Unable to start the Bluetooth stack service

I'd been having this message come up on my Dell XPS laptop for a while.... and I have had random disconnects for my Bluetooth mouse - Logitech MX Master.

I thought I'd share what appears to be a solution - well it worked for me and a few other people on other forums (Dell):

• Remove the Widcomm software.

This is software from Broadcomm and I gather is linked to the bluetooth service. They no longer offer updates and say it is updated in Windows Update. The software on my machine was about 18 months old, so I did a full backup (imaged my machine) and remove the software under Settings.

I no longer get the error message about the stack service.... and so far no mouse disconnects.

I checked Windows Update and did a Dell update check afterwards and it did not offer to reinstall, so I suspect it is no longer needed?????

A couple of people have reported data missing after removing this software - maybe a coincidence, but I suddenly started getting an error for the Logitech Download Assistant dll - LogiLDA.dll. The download assist was in startup so I stopped it. For some time, I had software for a Logitech remote and the MX Master mouse on my laptop, but the MX Master software had disappeared. Deleted LogiDLA.dll... reinstalled the mouse software and all good.

So BACK-UP before you try this fix.

:)

Steve-au, Sep 19, 2018
  2. akfleeds Win User

Bluetooth stack service error

I am using Windows 10 with Toshiba laptop. Every time i start the laptop i get the BTError message. Cannot start Bluetooth Stack Service. Device manager says everything is up to date. Could do with a bit of advise as to what the problem is or how to sort
    it. Thanks.

akfleeds, Sep 19, 2018
  3. ceduriki Win User
    Bluetooth Services

I've been using the audio gateway on my phone for a while, but when I actually looked through the list of services it does provide, I found it to be quite large. For some reason, my computer doesn't support many of these, such as remote control etc.

I'm pretty sure it has more or less to do with my bluetooth adapter, because it gives me only a small list of the total services it can accept. Anybody have any idea how I can add more?

ceduriki, Sep 19, 2018
  4. BTTray ERROR: Unable to start the Bluetooth stack service

Bluetooth stack service error

Hello Akfleeds,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

From the description provided, I understand that the Bluetooth service appears to stop working.

To be able to assist you better, provide us a few more details on the below questions. These might help you to identify the exact issue.

• Did you check if one of the dependency services called Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service is stopped or disabled?
    • Did you try to uninstall the Bluetooth device, restart the computer and install the latest drivers?
    • Did you check for system file corruption through deployment of System file checker. Follow the below given steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

2. In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

BTTray ERROR: Unable to start the Bluetooth stack service

1. BTTray ERROR: Unable to start the Bluetooth stack service - Similar Threads - BTTray ERROR Unable

2. Servicing stack and 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Servicing stack and 21H1: Please don't ask me to do in- place upgrade. Just imgine ISO files don't exist. For a second time, the 21H2 version is corrupted so I don't want anyhing to do with it ever again.So please just go along with me, OS windows10 20H2 19042.1826I want to use the enablement package...
  3. Servicing Stack Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Servicing Stack Issue: Servicing Stack disables my keyboard. Worse still, I can't uninstall the update. When will Microsoft provide a permanent solution to this recurrent issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/servicing-stack-issue/58725326-c9d1-40d2-a5c2-b297a5e74ff6
  4. Servicing Stack Issue

Servicing Stack Issue: Servicing Stack disables my keyboard. Worse still, I can't uninstall the update. When will Microsoft provide a permanent solution to this recurrent issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/servicing-stack-issue/58725326-c9d1-40d2-a5c2-b297a5e74ff6
  5. Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.1220

Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.1220: Hi,I installed this Servicing Stack Update last September 2021 and since then have been unable to send a scan request to my printer Kyocera. Kyocera engineers have looked at my set up and are unable to resolve the scan issue. The printer's IP address is visible on all network...
  6. BTTray: Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BTTray: Bluetooth: Dell XPS 15 9550 Windows 10 BTTray: Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E9%94%99%E8%AF%AFbttray/3c32e319-2ffe-4096-a73f-d22ff35650d6
  7. Unable to start Bluetooth user service in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to start Bluetooth user service in Windows 10 Home: Details: OS Version : Windows 10 Home Bluetooth Driver : Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 I have been having problems connecting Bluetooth devices to my laptop presumably after Windows 10 upgrade. I didn't use Bluetooth in ages after upgrade and only saw this...
  8. Servicing stack updates

Servicing stack updates: Is KB 4498523 really the latest stack update for W10 19-03 as listed ? This is an earlier KB number shown as superceding KB 4500109. Tom Allen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/servicing-stack-updates/4e0c9363-ad1e-4520-989b-e36f16bef8af
  9. servicing stack updates

servicing stack updates: where do i see if the latest stack update has been installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/servicing-stack-updates/b98e52e1-c0c1-4473-b41c-b63543c72241
  10. Unable to start service, error 1053

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to start service, error 1053: Hello, after updating Windows 10 to the latest build, the HUAWEI web modem service does not start, it will not help reinstall Internet Manager, fixing this problem is important to me because I can not use T-Mobile internet (via the program installed on the modem, connect and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bttray error windows 10

2. bttray error repair

3. bttray error

4. bluetooth stack service,
  5. bttray unable to start bluetooth stack,
  6. bluetooth stack service error,
  7. unable to start bluetooth stack service,
  8. bttray bluetooth error,
  9. error unable to start bluetooth stack service,
  10. bttray error unable to start bluetooth stack service aranzulla,
  11. unable to start the bluetooth stack service,