Windows 10: Buddy wiped an old laptop I gave him and now he can’t login or do anything besides just sit...

Discus and support Buddy wiped an old laptop I gave him and now he can’t login or do anything besides just sit... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CplLyfeSux [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CplLyfeSux, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Buddy wiped an old laptop I gave him and now he can’t login or do anything besides just sit...

/u/CplLyfeSux, Nov 12, 2019

2. Microsoft Acct login as Laptop login - Problems

Sounds just 1 step short of wiping the HD. I am hoping for something a bit less radical.

There has to be some reason the new MS Acct login is not making it to the laptop login

HannahBradford, Nov 12, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Idle Buddy

Hi Gary

Idle Buddy Hides under different names, it is hard to find and difficult to uninstall because of that . . .

Open the old Control Panel (click your Start Button, then just type control and hit Enter)

Go to Programs and Features

First look for Idle Buddy, it is unlikely it will have that name, then look for something like 'work group inc'

If you still cannot find Idle Buddy, even under a different name, order the list in Programs and Features by clicking on the 'Installed On' column header so that arrow faces down

That will put the list in a state so the most recently installed apps will be at the top, do you see anything suspicious there?

DaveM121, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Buddy wiped an old laptop I gave him and now he can’t login or do anything besides just sit...

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Buddy wiped an old laptop I gave him and now he can’t login or do anything besides just sit...

1. Buddy wiped an old laptop I gave him and now he can’t login or do anything besides just sit... - Similar Threads - Buddy wiped old

2. I just reset my pc and now I can’t login.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I just reset my pc and now I can’t login.: Really need help with this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-reset-my-pc-and-now-i-cant-login/06572f4a-faf7-4c35-b633-2c91a738bfbc
  3. I just reset my pc and now I can’t login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just reset my pc and now I can’t login.: Really need help with this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-reset-my-pc-and-now-i-cant-login/06572f4a-faf7-4c35-b633-2c91a738bfbc
  4. I just reset my pc and now I can’t login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wiping old work laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wiping old work laptop: Hi all, I have an old work laptop that’s a Dell Latitude 3400 that I want to make use of myself. However, the device is SUPER locked down and I don’t have access to the administrator password. The company no longer exists or I would contact their service desk. I have...
  6. Literally can’t do anything.

Literally can’t do anything.: I need help. Recently, my PC started looping automatic repair mode. No fixes that I found online could fix it so I decided to just factory reset it. After doing this, my PC worked for about an hour and now I literally cannot click on or open anything so I can’t even reset the...
  7. I can’t do anything in my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can’t do anything in my laptop: [IMG]I am running a Windows 10 laptop. One time, it randomly crashed and it sent me to a blue screen that told me that an error occured and to wait for windows to reboot. So i waited until it was done, but when i signed in i cannot find my apps. I cannot right click, i...
  8. Can’t login with my account, it gave me a temporary one.

Can’t login with my account, it gave me a temporary one.: When I tried to login earlier today, it worked fine, but when I tried to logging right now, it said I couldn’t sign in to my account and gave me a temporary one. Please help me, most of my shortcuts are gone, and all my data is gone. To make matters worse, I tried restarting...
  9. My laptop just gave up on me

My laptop just gave up on me: I have a ThinkPad X1C Gen 6 with 16 GB of RAM. It was working perfectly until today. I turn my laptop on, and everything is crazy slow. My browser’s crashing, Task Manager is crashing, files take too long to transfer, etc. I’ve tried multiple virus scans with Windows...
  10. I Gave my friend my old PC. We created an account for him on my profile and gave him admin...

I Gave my friend my old PC. We created an account for him on my profile and gave him admin...: Not sure what to do. We first added him as an Other user and it did thte same thing. We thought that adding him as a family member and giving him admin rights would fix the issue but it shte same thing. He logs in and then the start menu doesnt work and he cant do...