Windows 10: Budget gaming PC, crashing regularly

Discus and support Budget gaming PC, crashing regularly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so firstly I'd like to thank you in advance and please excuse my ineptitude! I've trawled through hundreds of forums... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by molathon, Jan 3, 2020.

1. molathon Win User

Budget gaming PC, crashing regularly

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so firstly I'd like to thank you in advance and please excuse my ineptitude!

I've trawled through hundreds of forums and web pages and typically most of what I have come across is not exactly what my issues are here and now....so I'm reaching out to you folks who know what they are talking about!
    I found a useful post here a few days ago (Windows 10 lag spikes/freezes with event errors) and is very similar to what the troubles I am having are.

So, please excuse me if I ramble a bit here.

I like doing a bit of light gaming from time to time and have used the Microsoft Surface from my office so very used to low res games (I play World of Tanks and some of the older Hitman games etc, all played on the lowest graphics settings). After doing some research and seeing you can buy an older PC and upgrade the GPU, I decided to buy a HP Elite 8300 CMT and found a used Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050Ti OC graphics card. The two went together pretty well and all seemed good.

Until I found it froze up regularly, sometimes (often) completely crashed and restarted after a time.

I have been playing Mafia 3 and Sniper Elite 4 and especially in Mafia, it regularly completely crashes when you are pushing a couple of buttons at the same time (as you tend to do).

I'm really quite green on this, so I'd appreciate your input.

From the post I mentioned above, I've also stopped using Chrome, this also froze the PC multiple times per day.

My system specs are attached from a download I did earlier today from DxDiag. Probably there is a lot of irrelevant stuff in there.

Many thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.

:)

molathon, Jan 3, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 3, 2020
  3. budget pc

I found this list for you

https://www.newegg.com/global/au/Pro...=-1&isNodeId=1

RainbowPride, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Budget gaming PC, crashing regularly

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Budget gaming PC, crashing regularly

1. Budget gaming PC, crashing regularly - Similar Threads - Budget gaming crashing

2. Regular game crashes, not hardware related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regular game crashes, not hardware related: Hi all,I've recently bought a new computer and have been encountering game crashes ever since.I've tried numerous hardware related things which all did not help.As far as I'm concerned the problems started occurring after the KB5027538 .NET Framework Update, could have...
  3. Regular BSOD and not responding/crashing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regular BSOD and not responding/crashing games: Been having regular blue screen errors and games not responding/crashing for a couple years now.I have formatted my computer from USB 3 times and erased partitions, but it never fixes any issues, and the only advice I tend to get is that it is a driver issue, leading me to...
  4. PC crashes regularly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes regularly: Hi- hopefully 1 of you experts can help me analyse a couple of mini dump files.Have a Windows 10 PC with a client that I and remote accessing, about 6 months old, in the last several months it has been spontaneously restarting several times a day, no pattern.Did all the usual...
  5. PC crashes regularly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes regularly: Hi- hopefully 1 of you experts can help me analyse a couple of mini dump files.Have a Windows 10 PC with a client that I and remote accessing, about 6 months old, in the last several months it has been spontaneously restarting several times a day, no pattern.Did all the usual...
  6. PC crashes regularly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Semi-Regular PC Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Semi-Regular PC Crashes: Good afternoon, I have been having a fair amount of BSOD's over the past 6 months or so. I have reduced the amount of them but am still having some issues from time to time1-2 a week. From what I can tell, all my drivers are up to date. I have not updated BIOS though....
  8. Games crashing regularly

Games crashing regularly: Hi everyone. I recently built a new PC using some parts from an old PC and some new parts. Since I built this PC I've ran into numerous issues with games like Borderlands 3 and The Outer Worlds which both crash randomly, sometimes to desktop and sometimes the whole screen...
  9. Pc Crashing regularly

Pc Crashing regularly: Hi, I regularly get a system management error bsod when running both overwatch and chrome at the same time. Now i tried duplicating it but its completely inconsistent and wont happen every time. I've tried updating my graphics driver and a various amount of other drivers in...
  10. Regular crashes when gaming

Regular crashes when gaming: Hi all! I've been happily gaming on a custom-built system for quite a while now. About a month ago, I replaced the video card with a MSI GeForce 970GTX, and all was well for about a month. As of today, though, the system has been hard-crashing after just a few minutes of game...