Windows 10: Buffalo NAS Navagator 2.82 Connection Errors

Discus and support Buffalo NAS Navagator 2.82 Connection Errors in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have three Dell XPS desktops (two 8700 and one 8300) and two Buffalo NAS units connected to my home network. When I run Buffalo NAS Navigator V 2.82... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SoFine409, May 8, 2016.

1. SoFine409 Win User

Buffalo NAS Navagator 2.82 Connection Errors

I have three Dell XPS desktops (two 8700 and one 8300) and two Buffalo NAS units connected to my home network. When I run Buffalo NAS Navigator V 2.82 (the latest version) on one of the 8700s is see the following communication errors from both NAS units (the other 8700 desktop shown no errors):

Buffalo NAS Navagator 2.82 Connection Errors [​IMG]

When they errors are expanded they are "drive info not returned" and "error info not returned." I can browse the shares on both units, both through Navigator and my Windows 10 PC with no problems. I can create and delete files just as I always have and I can log into then through the browser function and no errors are reported. Clearly both units are operating correctly, or so it would appear. I've uninstalled NAS Navigator and reinstalled but the communication error notices persist. I have the latest version of Navigator (2.82) and the firmware on both NAS units is current. The last time I used NAS Navigator on 4/13 there were no communication errors. I'm running Win 10 V 10586.218 on both desktops. Any thoughts about what might be causing this on one desktop and not the other and how I mighty be able to fix it?

Update: I found this event log entry from the first failure of NAS Navigator. Anyone with any additional ideas?

Buffalo NAS Navagator 2.82 Connection Errors [​IMG]

:)

SoFine409, May 8, 2016

2. I get error code 0xc03a001a when trying to back up windows 10 to my NAS that is connected to router. Antbody have an idea what to do next.

when trying to back up windows 10 to my NAS that is connected to router. Windows 10 home on new dell computer. Buffalo router and Buffalo NAS. Window 10 has been nothing but headaches for me.

MikeWood-735, May 8, 2016
  3. Network problems

I can't access my 2 NAS'.

The Buffalo NAS sends an email daily to show its status, which is working fine, so I know the network address is ok, but I get the error " Windows cannot access" the network address" when i try to add it in "Map network drive".

In my Netgear NAS I get the error in "Microsoft Windows Network" that "The network path was not found."

A J Ricaud, May 8, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

pbcopter, May 8, 2016
  5. SoFine409 Win User
    Thanks pbcopter. I downloaded 2.83 an I'll try it tomorrow morning. Maybe that will help.

SoFine409, May 8, 2016
  6. SoFine409 Win User
    Just tried it - no joy! Dang!
    It must be something with the network protocols that changed after I last used it on 4/13. Odd that I have no problems with the other Dell 8700 and 8300 on the same network. I suspect the KB3147458 that was installed on the problem PC on 4/13 is the culprit.

UPDATE: I discovered that the event log entry for NasNavi that I found in my first post references (0xC0000417) an invalid C-Runtime parameter. Since I've already run SFC and although it did fine corrupted files and fixed them but did not solve this problem, it look like I'm stumped. Anyone have any ideas?

UPDATE: After doing a little more research I thought it might be a problem with the C++ Redistribution Packages so I did a repair of the 2012 and 2013 (x86 and x64) installations. That did nothing. I also have the 2008 and 2010 Redistribution Packages but there is no repair options on those.

SoFine409, May 8, 2016
  7. mrf5022 Win User
    Please keep us updated if you find a fix. I have the exact same thing happening to me. Oddly enough mine also started doing this on Monday.

mrf5022, May 10, 2016
  8. SoFine409 Win User

Hi mrf5022. I've discovered a solution that worked for me:

• Open Task Manager.
    • Select the Startup Tab
    • Find "NASNavigator" and if it is Disabled then set it to Enabled
    • Do the same with "NAS Function Scheduling Application" It might not be necessary to enable this but I just did it to be consistent.
    • Restart windows

NAS Navi should now find the NAS unit(s) more quickly and without experiencing error communication problems. I now remember disabling several startup items some time ago to speed up boot time. I probably never tested this one to see if it had any impact. Needless to say I'll be more carefull next time. Let me know if this works for you.

SoFine409, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Buffalo NAS Navagator 2.82 Connection Errors - Similar Threads - Buffalo NAS Navagator

2. Network 2 and NAS drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network 2 and NAS drives: I have recently had to install a new router. Windows 10 now indicates that my network is Network 2 and denies me access to my WD NAS drives and their attached USB hard drives. I should be grateful for any advice....
  3. Win11 upgrade fails at 82% with error 0xc0000409

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 upgrade fails at 82% with error 0xc0000409: Clean boot, SFC, disabled firewall and virus check did not fix the problem. The error seems to come from Faulting module name: ntdll.dll Any help other than a complete new install is appreciated....
  4. Win11 upgrade fails at 82% with error 0xc0000409

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 upgrade fails at 82% with error 0xc0000409: Clean boot, SFC, disabled firewall and virus check did not fix the problem. The error seems to come from Faulting module name: ntdll.dll Any help other than a complete new install is appreciated....
  5. Buffalo NAS Linkstation shares not appearing and name not resolving

Buffalo NAS Linkstation shares not appearing and name not resolving: I have 2 Buffalo Linkstation Nas drives as below; LS-WSGL LS420 The shares which were previously mapped are not accessible via explorer I get error messages such as below; s:\ is not accessible or ' The local device name is already in use' I run nas navigator2 both Nas...
  6. Lost permission to access my Buffalo nas drive since windows updated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost permission to access my Buffalo nas drive since windows updated: A few days ago windows did an automatic update and since then I am not able to access my Buffalo Nas drive which is mapped as "Q" on my desktop computer. When I click on the drive in windows explorer it tells me that I do not have permission to access \\LS-WVL300. Contact...
  7. Anyone care to share their NAS experience Like buffalo or WD type nas

Anyone care to share their NAS experience Like buffalo or WD type nas: Would anyone care to share their experience with NAS boxes like WD or Buffalo. Are they secure ? Do you have to enable smb1 to make them work ? I would like to know how these work out with windows 10 and how hard they are to set up. How does windows see it ? Thank you 151204
  8. NAS will no longer connect to WIN10 error 80070035

NAS will no longer connect to WIN10 error 80070035: I have tried fixes, posted on Facebook. Nothing helps to show Win Explorer NAS drive says disconnected / cannot locate ? Please assist....
  9. Update stops at 82%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stops at 82%: Hello, I've been having this issue ever since I installed windows on my computer. The update freezes at 82% or so and never finishes. I have to constantly deal with this issue because it forces me to update even when I have updates turned off. Please help!...
  10. Cannot connect to Buffalo Link Station on network

Cannot connect to Buffalo Link Station on network: We have just closed our office and have moved the two computers to our home. We have used an Ethernet cable to connect the Link Station to our router. We can view the Buffalo on NAS Navigator2 and can view all our files on one computer but not on the other. On this one, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. buffalo nas storage communication error

2. Buffalo connection error drive password error information was not returned

3. buffalo navigator runcodes