Windows 10: Bug affects Windows 10 version 1809 shutdown and sleep negatively

Discus and support Bug affects Windows 10 version 1809 shutdown and sleep negatively in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Devices with Windows 10 version 1809 may take a prolonged time (60 seconds) to shut down or enter sleep mode because of a newly discovered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jun 29, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Bug affects Windows 10 version 1809 shutdown and sleep negatively

Devices with Windows 10 version 1809 may take a prolonged time (60 seconds) to shut down or enter sleep mode because of a newly discovered bug.Microsoft employee Philip Froese confirmed the bug on Microsoft's Tech Community website.

The issue affects devices with connected USB Type-C devices, e.g. docks, chargers, or mobile devices during the power change.

Froese notes that the issue may cause a 60 second delay when shutting down or putting the system to sleep if USB Type-C devices are connected to the Windows 10 devices.

Bug affects Windows 10 version 1809 shutdown and sleep negatively windows-10-1809-shutdown-sleep-bug.png

Microsoft identified the bug in the USB Type-C Connector System Software Interface software implementation. It occurs when the USB Type-C Connector System Software Interface manages new connect or disconnect events while shutdown or sleep are initiated.

A bug in the USB Type-C Connector System Software Interface (UCSI) software implementation in Windows 10, version 1809 can cause a 60 second delay in the system sleep or shutdown process if the power-down happens while the UCSI software is busy handling a new connect or disconnect event on a USB Type-C port.

The issue does not affect the functionality of the USB Type-C port on the device; both system and ports should function normally on the next start of the system.

Apart from the extra one minute the sleep or shutdown process takes in this circumstance, this bug does not affect normal functionality of USB Type-C on your machine. The system and the USB Type-C ports should continue to function properly after the next wake or restart of the system.

The issue has not been added to the list of known issues for that particular version of Windows 10 yet. The last issue on Microsoft's Doc page for Windows 10 version 1809 was added on June 21, 2019. It describes an iSCSI-based SAN connection issue.

Froese did not reveal when Microsoft plans to release a fix for the issue (it is certain that it will get fixed). It is also unclear why only Windows 10 version 1809 is affected by the issue and not other versions of Windows 10.

The only options that users have who work on affected devices is to either disconnect USB Type-C devices from the device before shutting down the device or entering sleep mode, or to take the hit and wait the extra 60 seconds. (via Deskmodder)

Windows 10 version 1809 was one of the buggiest Windows 10 releases since the initial release in 2015. Things have calmed down a bit but it took months of fixing to resolve most of the major bugs that plagued users who upgraded early to the version of Windows 10.

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here (https://www.ghacks.net/support/) or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/ghacks)). Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Bug affects Windows 10 version 1809 shutdown and sleep negatively appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jun 29, 2019

2. Shutdown & Sleep bug

Hello there,

I'm having Dell Inspiron 5547 when it was shipped it came with windows 8.1 64-bit with no issues of SLEEP & SHUTDOWN but when updated to windows 10 my laptop started having issues with SLEEP & SHUTDOWN.

1)When I close the lid or keep the system in sleep mode it never wakes up its need a hard boot or need to have forced shutdown by pressing the power button, still no patch for the bug is available.

2)when the system is shutdown it continues to draw power from the battery and in morning the battery is completely drained.

Have gone through entire suggestion given by Microsoft engineer & community member but had no solution.

Hence contacted Dell support but they told its Microsoft's problem hence contacted them below is the list of tickets so generated with no solution:-

Finally one of the Microsoft executive said it's an issue with the DELL drivers when contacted to DELL they said its an issue of MICROSOFT and they have in written from Microsoft that both issue are because of WINDOWS 10.

I'm feeling like a football who is been kicked from one goalpost to another with no goal scored...

Now what should be the final solution as now I can't rollback to windows 8.1 as I'm way past the grace period for rollback???

ankur_patel, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Shutdown/Sleep Issues

Hi,

Eversince I have upgraded to the Windows 10, 1809 Version build 17763.1, my laptop does not shutdown if I click on the shutdown button, and neither goes to sleep, if I click on the sleep button. Everytime I click shutdown, it just restarts, same with sleep/hibernate
    options. If I close the lid, the display is closed but the laptop remains powered on and the battery continues to discharge.

I have tried checking the various settings but none seem to work. I have a Dell i7 Laptop. Kindly help.

Regards,

Pkwanderer, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10 Shutdown and sleep, IE keeps hanging

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your shutdown, sleep and IE issues, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to resolve the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Bug affects Windows 10 version 1809 shutdown and sleep negatively - Similar Threads - Bug affects version

2. KB4598291 affects shutdown. Sleep OK, shutdown never completes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    KB4598291 affects shutdown. Sleep OK, shutdown never completes.: I have Windows 10 Pro, version 19042.789, on ASROCK Z68M. Since KB4598291 was installed, the shutdown function never completes. It appears to write the kernel image to the HDD, then stops, and no transition to OFF state. NOTE: Fastboot, and Hibernate are both off. Things...
  3. Windows 10, Sleep/Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10, Sleep/Shutdown: I recently changed from Windows 7, which I loved, to the evil Windows 10. Can anyone tell me how to put the system to sleep rather than shutdown. I do not see an option for sleep as with my Windows 7 version. If my new printer would work with Windows 7 I would change back...
  4. Windows 10 bug is negatively impacting performance with system freezes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 bug is negatively impacting performance with system freezes: Windows 10 is encountering some serious problems thanks to a recent cumulative or feature update, with users reporting worrying system ‘freezes’. Fortunately, Microsoft is aware of the reports, and they’ve already fixed the performance issues in a preview update. Back in...
  5. Latest Windows 10 update negatively affected my BIOS on Lenovo desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 update negatively affected my BIOS on Lenovo desktop: Windows automatically installed updates yesterday on my Lenovo M93p desktop. After the forced restart, I no longer have access to my BIOS or my boot options menu. Windows does not recognize my Dell monitor and resolution is fixed at 640x480. I can't boot from my USB DVD...
  6. KB4512534 for Windows 10 version 1809 fixes VB bug and more

in Windows 10 News
    KB4512534 for Windows 10 version 1809 fixes VB bug and more: Microsoft released the cumulative update KB4512534 for its Windows 10 version 1809 operating system on August 17, 2019. The update follows the release of the updates KB4517297 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, KB4517298 for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2, and...
  7. WINDOWS 10 1809 bugs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 1809 bugs: start menu tiles are resetting to its defaults after shutting down pc . And also full screen mode of start menu is not working after the windows 10 1809 update. Why is that ?...
  8. Windows 10 1809 - Bug Check

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1809 - Bug Check: Please hielp with: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff803153147d5). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 93aefe38-5143-4373-bd53-49f7130d0435....
  9. Bugs and issues of Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809)

in Windows 10 News
    Bugs and issues of Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809): Microsoft is now more transparent about issues in Windows 10 October 2018 Update and the company has released a new support document to highlight the active problems. According to the support document, the Windows 10 October 2018 Update breaks the Mapped drives and there are...
  10. Bugs and issues of Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    Bugs and issues of Windows 10 version 1809: Microsoft released the October 2018 Update for Windows 10, Windows 10 version 1809, on October 2, 2018 to the public. The update is not pushed out automatically through Windows Update but requires that users and administrators install it manually for the time being....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update 1809 constant reboot in sleep