Windows 10: Bug changed "Desktop" to "Pictures"?

Discus and support Bug changed "Desktop" to "Pictures"? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Attachment 31864 Upon my first reboot after installing Win10 I noticed that my "Desktop" directory name had been changed to "Pictures", I already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by viviand, Aug 15, 2015.

1. viviand Win User

Bug changed "Desktop" to "Pictures"?

Attachment 31864

Upon my first reboot after installing Win10 I noticed that my "Desktop" directory name had been changed to "Pictures", I already had a Pictures directory for, you guessed it, pictures not desktop items...

1) Any idea how this might have happened (or is it a bug?) so I can avoid it happening again?

2) How do I change it back to the appropriate "Desktop" name?

NB If I hover over the icon in the quick launch area, it does say "show desktop" and does take me to the desktop when I click on it.

:)

viviand, Aug 15, 2015
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Aug 15, 2015
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

Bug changed "Desktop" to "Pictures"?

1. Bug changed "Desktop" to "Pictures"? - Similar Threads - Bug changed Desktop

2. Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing: All the shortcuts on my desktop except recycling bin have little pictures in the bottom left of their pictures. Sometimes its a green tick, sometimes its an X or a picture of two people, etc. I've stuck an example screenshot below.Every time I log on the little addon picture...
  3. Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing: All the shortcuts on my desktop except recycling bin have little pictures in the bottom left of their pictures. Sometimes its a green tick, sometimes its an X or a picture of two people, etc. I've stuck an example screenshot below.Every time I log on the little addon picture...
  4. Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. desktop icons change to picture thumbnail .

desktop icons change to picture thumbnail .: I have tried everything i know how to, but unable to change desktop icon to picture thumbnail. Need help. Is there a software to download to help?...
  6. A desktop Bug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A desktop Bug: I would like to through some light on a bug that I came across after my recent windows update. In this bug, whenever I start my Desktop sometimes my icons and sometimes my taskbar got stuck, I have to put to put it on sleep multiple times so as to overcome this problem. I...
  7. personalization -desktop slideshow picture change frequency

personalization -desktop slideshow picture change frequency: How do I get a more frequent desktop picture change than 1 minute. I would like it more like 10 seconds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalization-desktop-slideshow-picture-change/c3936dcb-a3fa-4a4d-b45a-307124608ab4
  8. Desktop background picture changes to solid color

Desktop background picture changes to solid color: When I right click on one of my own photos and ask to have it set as my desktop background the choice changes from picture to solid color instead of showing my photo... I've tried most everything to no avail.....
  9. Desktop BUG.

Desktop BUG.: Before the my Hp laptop was reset, There's a Bug causing the Windows 10 desktop icon sketch and can't fit many icon as it will disappear due the screen resolution of it.I don't have any idea to fix it. [ATTACH]...
  10. Desktop Pictures Changing

Desktop Pictures Changing: Hello. I wanted to put more pictures on desktop and make them change in a couple of time but, sadly, i can't find out how do i do that. Please, help me with some informations. Thanks for reading this and have a good day, but if you know how to do it, i would appreciate...