Windows 10: Bug Check 0x9F DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE becoming more frequent

Discus and support Bug Check 0x9F DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE becoming more frequent in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since the preparatory updates before Windows 10 (64-bit) v2004 and now after getting v2004 pushed to my Toshiba laptop, I have been getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mikewse, Jun 12, 2020.

1. mikewse Win User

Bug Check 0x9F DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE becoming more frequent

Since the preparatory updates before Windows 10 (64-bit) v2004 and now after getting v2004 pushed to my Toshiba laptop, I have been getting DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSODs when sleeping/resuming.

I would really appreciate some help pinpointing which driver causes this. Windows Update does not suggest any Optional updates/drivers at all. Here's the collected files:
    DRIVERPOWERFAILURE-(2020-06-13_00-30-48).zip

My Windows 10 is Pro 64-bit v2004 build 19041.329.

:)

mikewse, Jun 12, 2020

2. Surface Book 2 BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) - Suspect Surface Dock

Hi,

There was a Bug Check 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE,

This error indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.

And the driver of "USB FastGigabit Ethernet NIC" is causing the error.

Driver: "msux64w10"

jhestech A+, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    BSOD when running on battery - driver_power_state_failure

Hi Knots23,

Based on the details provided in this thread, have you checked your PC manufacturer for the latest BIOS update available?
    If not I recommend that you contact them and inquire about BIOS update.

You can also check and refer to the article entitled
    "(Developer Content) Bug Check 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE".

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Ratandeep Win User

Windows 10 DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (ntoskrnl.exe+147236)

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate your time.

If issue still persists, I would suggest you to use steps provided in this article and check if it helps.

Refer:

Bug Check 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Bug Check 0x9F DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

I hope this information helps.

Thank you

Ratandeep, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Bug Check 0x9F DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE becoming more frequent - Similar Threads - Bug Check 0x9F

2. How to fix : Bug Check 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix : Bug Check 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in WINDOWS 11: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting" Guid="{abce23e7-de45-4366-8631-84fa6c525952}" /> <EventID>1001</EventID> <Version>1</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task>...
  3. How to fix : Bug Check 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix : Bug Check 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in WINDOWS 11: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting" Guid="{abce23e7-de45-4366-8631-84fa6c525952}" /> <EventID>1001</EventID> <Version>1</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task>...
  4. More computers with same BSOD 0x9F

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    More computers with same BSOD 0x9F: Hi guys,i would like to ask some question about BSODs we are getting.We are company assembling special computers for Live Broadcasting, and sometimes we are experiencing some BSODs.I found out that those BSODs are the same.. different customers all over the world, same...
  5. More computers with same BSOD 0x9F

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    More computers with same BSOD 0x9F: Hi guys,i would like to ask some question about BSODs we are getting.We are company assembling special computers for Live Broadcasting, and sometimes we are experiencing some BSODs.I found out that those BSODs are the same.. different customers all over the world, same...
  6. 0x9F DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    0x9F DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Ok guys I already did almost everything! I've already uninstalled the drivers, I've reinstalled, I've updated all the drives, I've already updated the bios, I've already reviewed the power settings and nothing. I can't get rid of this problem.I’ve also uninstalled some...
  7. Blue screening becoming more frequent

Blue screening becoming more frequent: I am experiencing blue screens on windows, it used to be once a week, but now it's almost daily. This is a new PC i've built, I can game on it and everything incl temperatures seem normal. I get the error 'SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION'. I can post the .dmp files if necessary, I...
  8. Infrequent BSOD becoming more frequent

Infrequent BSOD becoming more frequent: I see now I posted this in the wrong area of the forums. SORRY! If someone could move this to the BSOD section I would appreciate it. I built this PC three, maybe four, months ago now and haven't had many issues with it after initial troubleshoot on the build. Had to use...
  9. Event ID 20 errors becoming more frequent

Event ID 20 errors becoming more frequent: Hello. I have been using hwinfo to monitor my PC, and it is reading WHEA errors. Checking in the event system viewer, they are all event ID 20, and event ID 5. The PC is barely a month old, and was originally using windows 8.1, and never had these errors. In fact, every error...
  10. BSOD, Driver_Power_State_Failure 0x9f (ntoskrnl.exe)

BSOD, Driver_Power_State_Failure 0x9f (ntoskrnl.exe): Hello, This BSOD happens everytime a minute after exit a game. For example, GTA V. A minute after i exited, windows become laggy then suddenly BSOD. Currently i'm using Nvidia 352.83. No Error found in my Device Manager. I really appreciate for any help. Thank you....