Windows 10: Bug check analysis help

Discus and support Bug check analysis help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows is up to date with build 15063.413. Memory testing met 8 runs with 0 errors. Please confirm that bitdefender software was uninstalled using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sharif, Jun 22, 2017.

1. zbook New Member

Bug check analysis help

Windows is up to date with build 15063.413.
    Memory testing met 8 runs with 0 errors.
    Please confirm that bitdefender software was uninstalled using the bitdefender uninstall tool.
    Please confirm that there have been no bsod since the bitdefender uninstallation.
    Vsserv.exe is a part of bitdefender. It was a faulting application and that should now be fixed:
    What is the vsserv.exe process?
    There were other faulting applications.
    iprosetmonitor.exe is part of Intel wireless.
    As a preventative maintenance step this can be uninstalled and reinstalled.
    Intel® Network and I/O Products
    Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Wi-Fi Drivers
    Was the bitdefender uninstalled on 06/24? Was that also that last bsod?

zbook, Jun 26, 2017
  2. Sharif Win User

Yes, I uninstalled and also used the tool after that, I really didn't expect it would end up being Bitdefender. Is windows defender any good these days to primarily only use that?

There haven't been any critical errors in event viewer or BSOD crashes (I added an updated attachment)

Regarding Intel pro wireless, I don't have it installed physically in one of the PCIe slots or built into the motherboard itself, the only time I used wireless was with my phone in tethering mode which caused Explorer and control panel to be very unresponsive. Funnily enough, it gets fixed moment I disconnect my phone. I ended up following a guide on youtube updating the driver of something on already on the PC itself (it was under networks "Remote NDIS based internet sharing") it was changed to a generic Microsoft version.

Should I still go on installing an Intel pro wireless driver?
    What is this "DCOM" error that keeps popping up since ages, I have been seeing that for years now even back when I used Windows 8.1

Sharif, Jun 26, 2017
  3. zbook New Member
    zbook, Jun 27, 2017
  4. Sharif Win User

Bug check analysis help

I am currently downloading the latest update (KB4022716)

It tells me no drivers were detected for your product. I'll just grab the latest version I can find on my motherboard's site and install it.
    I am unsure if it's a newer version than the one I have installed, ironically it ended up being an older version than the one I had installed. I find it a little funny as I installed the driver from that very place as well.

Is it possible it auto updated itself?

Sharif, Jun 27, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    Windows by default is set to automatically update non-Microsoft drivers. It can be modified.

zbook, Jun 27, 2017
  6. Sharif Win User
    Ah that explains it. Thanks for all the help! Before I mark it solved I wanted to ask about the reoccurring DistributedCOM error. if there is anything I can do about it?

Sharif, Jun 27, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    This tutorial has some more details about turning off the Automatic Driver updates in Windows Update:
    Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10

Regarding the Distributed COM errors, I also have a few of these but I generally ignore them - it does not seem to be a problem.

philc43, Jun 27, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

Bug check analysis help

For DCOM you can check to see if the permissions are set:
    click win + r (simultaneously)
    in the run box type: dcomcnfg
    expand component services
    expand computers
    right click on my computer and select properties
    click default properties tab
    make sure default authentication level is set to: connect
    make sure default impersonation level is set to: identify

Like philc43 I ignore those errors. There can be numerous in the event logs.
    There is software on the computer that is trying to register itself as "server" and the registration is taking too long.
    If you want to know the software that is attempting to register that is taking too long you can look in the registry using regedit and look for D7FD466D-F6CF-4C8E-86DD-12E9B0FDAE48.
    It could be in inprocserver32 or progid.
    If you find it then you would uninstall and reinstall the software.
    If you can find the software you would then uninstall and reinstall the software.

zbook, Jun 27, 2017
  9. Sharif Win User
    It seems to be not there in the settings, I went with 3, group policy editor and went ahead let it update drivers.
    I noticed you're using windows defender, is it good enough these days? I am still wondering if I should install Bitdefender again

Sharif, Jun 27, 2017
  10. Sharif Win User
    It's already set to those values. Thanks for the tip I'll see if I can hunt few of them down or just ignore them if it's too much trouble

Sharif, Jun 27, 2017
  11. philc43 Win User
    I've been happy with Windows Defender - my view is that you are the best defence and to be sensible about what you allow and do in Windows - never open unknown attachments, don't click on links in emails unless you are absolutely sure it is genuine (remember that many attacks appear to come from people you know but they might have had their emails hacked). Be careful on websites and avoid pop-ups etc. Windows defender is there for when you and I slip up or relax our guard.

philc43, Jun 27, 2017
  12. Sharif Win User
    I believe that too though I mainly have it for the times I visit websites with plenty of pop-ups or download things from a source I don't trust completely (Yes these websites might be leading to pirated content like music..) Plus with recent ransomware news, it gets me a little paranoid these days.

Sharif, Jun 27, 2017
  13. axe0 New Member

Bug check analysis help

Hi Sharif,

To expand on philc43, you are basically the first line of defense where your security program(s) is/are the second line of defense catching things that you accidentally missed.

I am using Bitdefender for a few years now, can't be happier. Yes, I have had some issues, but they all have been fixed by Bitdefender and sometimes reinstalling Bitdefender again helps.

Windows Defender has been much improved since Windows 8(.1), there are tons of users using Windows Defender solely without having ever had a single infection.
    All you need is common sense, caution, your security programs up to date and the OS up to date.

14. zbook New Member
    All of the antivirus have different definitions. So they each have weaknesses. For example using Malwarebytes it will find potentially unwanted programs (PUP) that are missed by windows defender. They may have different features in blocking websites.

zbook, Jun 27, 2017
  15. Sharif Win User
    The point is well understood, I tend to tell my friends the same thing when this subject is brought up. It's just sometimes hard to trust myself to be completely sensible, especially when visiting sites that are likely to be quite fishy and I end up visiting it in search of something *cough*

Sharif, Jun 27, 2017
Thema:

Bug check analysis help

1. Bug check analysis help - Similar Threads - Bug check analysis

2. BSOD Bug Check Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Bug Check Help: Hello, recently I've been running into an issue with attempting to restart my Xbox series X controller's USB-c connection. Sometimes the controller will not connect thus I will attempt to restart my PC in order to fix it. But when I do I get stuck in a long restart loading...
  3. BSOD Bug Check Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Bug Check Help: Hello, recently I've been running into an issue with attempting to restart my Xbox series X controller's USB-c connection. Sometimes the controller will not connect thus I will attempt to restart my PC in order to fix it. But when I do I get stuck in a long restart loading...
  4. Bug check analysis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug check analysis: If someone has a minute, please analyze what caused this bugcheck. Thanks.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_ZELt8_OCFS9vC49vBIKNneMreJzfTQQ/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bug-check-analysis/72ad6eed-db7c-4d71-8341-ff3ae850094d
  5. Bug check analysis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug check analysis: If someone has a minute, please analyze what caused this bugcheck. Thanks.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_ZELt8_OCFS9vC49vBIKNneMreJzfTQQ/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bug-check-analysis/72ad6eed-db7c-4d71-8341-ff3ae850094d
  6. BUG Check Analysis after a BSOD, help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BUG Check Analysis after a BSOD, help!: Hi guys,Can someone that actually knows about this help me get what went wrong?******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  7. Help with bug check reboot

Help with bug check reboot: Hello, I just did a reinstall because of repeated BSOD. I'm now trying to check things before they get bad. In looking at my system event viewer, I see an Error saying "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck" Although there was no reboot but I did notice my display...
  8. Need help to check DMP File for bug check error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help to check DMP File for bug check error: I need some help here... i have exhausted updating all drivers and I am having difficulty with BSOD and I do not understand DMP file. Please assist The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff8041e713347,...
  9. I need a help to understand the bug check analysis report

I need a help to understand the bug check analysis report: There was an unexpected shutdown of a server. I need help in understanding the below. Server OS: Windows Server 2012 R2 Here is the report : ******************************************************************************* *...
  10. Bug check help

Bug check help: Hi, As I am almost at my wits end I have succumbed to Forum help. Here is the low-down: All was working fine until last Thursday so I've spend the last few days checking out various BSOD. My Mini-ITX build was working very well (including saving out large 12GB PSB files). I...