Windows 10: Bug Check code 278

Discus and support Bug Check code 278 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So my system seems to restart randomly while I am gaming. It started doing it a couple of weeks back and I have been scratching my head trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brian.Stokes29, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Bug Check code 278

So my system seems to restart randomly while I am gaming. It started doing it a couple of weeks back and I have been scratching my head trying to figure it out. I have restored to windows to an earlier date. I have reset windows keeping my files. I have booted into safe mode and used DDU to uninstall my graphics card driver, then reinstalled the latest one. I flashed my bios to the latest one. I ran the windows memory diagnostic and my ram passed. My temps are ok, nothing is overclocked. Is this bad AMD drivers? Some sort of hardware failure? Some sort of issue with running dual monitors? A software conflict? Please help me out.

Cpu : Ryzen 9 3900x

Ram: 32gb 4 x8 G. Skill Flare X 3200 CL14

Mobo: Asrock X470 Taichi

GPU: Sapphire Pulse 5700xt

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo plus NVME 1tb, AData 2TB ssd, and a Seagate 2 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair RM750x

-<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    -<System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreatedSystemTime="2020-03-21T06:43:19.293463900Z" />
    <EventRecordID>6347</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation/>
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-TS4OC4C</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    -<EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">278</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xffff9c8017575010</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffff80077f30818</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xffffffffc0000001</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x3</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

Brian.Stokes29, Mar 21, 2020

2. Bug check???? what does this code mean

First!: Download BlueScreenView

Then come back and tell use two (maybe three) things for each dump file:
    1) What is the bug check code
    2) What is the bug check string (if there is one)
    3) What is the highlighted file name

The first two will be at the top pane window and the third will be on the lower pane window. We need all three (or two if no string) for each .dmp listed.

mastrdrver, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Bug check error: 0x00000133 on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing your device after performing a bug check, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you able to boot the device to desktop?
    • What is the complete error message along with error code of this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

If you are able to log-in to the desktop, try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Memory Diagnostic
    • Select Windows Memory Diagnostics
      and click on Restart now and check for problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Step 2: Run the Power Troubleshooter

Power troubleshooter find and fix problems with your computer's power settings to conserve power and extent battery life

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search bar on the desktop and press Enter.

• In the Troubleshooting window, click on
      View All on the left pane.

• Click on Power.

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 3: I suggest you to check for the pending updates on your device install them and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Bug Check code 278

Brink, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Bug Check code 278

1. Bug Check code 278 - Similar Threads - Bug Check code

2. My Computer keeps crashing intermittently, Please help! Bug Check code 278, event ID 41,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer keeps crashing intermittently, Please help! Bug Check code 278, event ID 41,...: I have been crashing and restarting randomly when i am in gameOverwatch 2 and Fortnite.This began on March 10th when I was playing overwatch 2, it randomly crashed out of nowhere. restarted, join back the game, thought it was one off issue. However, next game i crashed again...
  3. My Computer keeps crashing intermittently, Please help! Bug Check code 278, event ID 41,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer keeps crashing intermittently, Please help! Bug Check code 278, event ID 41,...: I have been crashing and restarting randomly when i am in gameOverwatch 2 and Fortnite.This began on March 10th when I was playing overwatch 2, it randomly crashed out of nowhere. restarted, join back the game, thought it was one off issue. However, next game i crashed again...
  4. My Computer keeps crashing intermittently, Please help! Bug Check code 278, event ID 41,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bluescreen Bug Check Code : 0x00000139

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen Bug Check Code : 0x00000139: Hello there, I just had a Bluescreen on Win 10 which has occurred before already a few times: I extracted the dump file using BlueScreenView. Here are the properties:================================================== Dump File : 112622-7500-01.dmp Crash Time : 26/11/2022...
  6. Bug check 278/307

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bug check 278/307: Hey guys, i have a question. I have rtx 2070 ventus(75C Max) and my Pc is keeep freezing and restarting while gaming, i found out that its driver problem.Im getting Bug check code 278 wich is video driver problem. There are things i tried. Windows reinstall Setting BIOS to...
  7. Windows Crash bug check code 278

Windows Crash bug check code 278: Hi, my PC often crash but I don't why it's crashing.I'm pretty sure that is not the Memory because I changed my two sticks of ram. I dont think that comes from the PSU because the PC do not crash when I stress test it with occt.I also reinstalled windows 10 and I have the...
  8. Bug check code 278/307

Bug check code 278/307: Hey guys i need to ask something, first there is my setup R5 3600(aio Cooler) Rtx 2070 16gb of ram 3000mhz B450 aorus Elite motherboard Kingston a2000 nvme SSD My problem is that my Pc last two months freeze and restarts randomly(IT happened 4times) after restart i get Bug...
  9. Bug check code 278/307

Bug check code 278/307: Hey guys i need to ask something, first there is my setup R5 3600(aio Cooler) Rtx 2070 16gb of ram 3000mhz B450 aorus Elite motherboard Kingston a2000 nvme SSD My problem is that my Pc last two months freeze and restarts randomly(IT happened 4times) after restart i get Bug...
  10. Bug Check Code 126

Bug Check Code 126: BugcheckCode 126 BugcheckParameter1 0xffffffffc0000005 BugcheckParameter2 0xfffff80602cd88fb BugcheckParameter3 0xfffff508c1f0e718 BugcheckParameter4 0xfffff508c1f0df60 Just need some info about this bug just a side note that this is happening while in game....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bugcheckcode 278

2. 278 windows

3. bugcheckcode 278 while gaming

4. bug check code 278,
  5. bugcheck code 278,
  6. 278 bug check code