Windows 10: BUG: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F shortcut no longer working

Discus and support BUG: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F shortcut no longer working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently updated to 1909 Build 18363 Now the flatten shortcut (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F) in Photoshop no longer works. Pretty sure this is a windows bug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wozmatic, Jul 2, 2020.

1. BUG: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F shortcut no longer working

Recently updated to 1909 Build 18363

Now the flatten shortcut (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F) in Photoshop no longer works.

Pretty sure this is a windows bug

submitted by /u/wozmatic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wozmatic, Jul 2, 2020

2. How to create a new folder in Win10 and why does the old shortcut Alt+F, W, F no longer work?

I know in Win10's Explorer the keyboard shortcut for create new folder is Ctrl+Shift+N, but why does Alt-F-W-F no longer work?

Nissim Nanach, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Ctrl+Shift+Z shortcut unassignable

Here are the quick answers to your questions, and following, a more develop explanations.

1. Ctrl+Shift+Z is an already existing basic, known shortcut in all Adobe softwares for the "Redo" action. I am trying to use it and it’s not doing anything. Ctrl+Alt+V is a shortcut I am trying to assign to an action in the ebook conversion software Sigil.

2. Ctrl+Shift+Z for the already existing shortcut of the "Redo" action in Adobe softwares. Ctrl+Alt+V to a specific function in Sigil.

3. Ctrl+Shift+Z in all the Adobe Creative Suite, Ctrl+Alt+V in Sigil.

Actually the issue happened when I started my work on InDesign yesterday. As you must know, Ctrl+Shift+Z is a very common, basic shortcut for the "Redo" action. After that, I opened up Sigil and tried to assign Ctrl+Alt+V to a certain action, which is the
    setting I put previously in my old laptop using Windows 8.

Then, when I noticed both didn’t work, I opened a software that makes me able to remap my keyboard and assign new keystrokes, key combinations, or even macro, to a single key (SteelSeries software going with my MSI gaming laptop), and tried different key
    combinations. I saw that Ctrl+Shift+A was fully detected for exemple, but if I press Ctrl+Shift+Z or Ctrl+Alt+V, the software only detects Ctrl+Shift or Ctrl+Alt, and not the letter going to it.

Here is a screenshot of some tests I did in the SteelSeries software, testing key combinations. I tried Ctrl+Shift combined with respectively those letters, in this order: w / x / y / z

As you can see, the combinations with the W and with the Y are detected, but with the X and the Z, they aren’t. And if I tried to assigned as shortcut the combinations with the X and the Z in any software, they are also not detected.

BUG: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F shortcut no longer working 07108b44-c72c-41d9-b68b-4df4631b0164.png

Also, Ctrl+Alt+V is not detected anywhere as mentioned, but Shift+Ctrl+V is detected. Ctrl+Alt+Z and +X are also not detected. But any letter with only Ctrl, only Shift or only Alt are detected.

So the issue is happening in multiple softwares and seems to come from some letters not being detected when used in combination with Ctrl+Shift or Ctrl+Alt. Very weird.... I hope my explanations are clear.

AnnabelleViau, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Enigma Win User

BUG: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F shortcut no longer working

Ctrl+Shift+F stopped working

I use CTRL+SHIFT+F in various programs to perform a 'Find in Files' function. (Visual Studio & Atom for example)

• Other CTRL+SHIFT functions work (+H
      & +G for instance work fine in those same programs)
    • Tried this same keyboard in another system and
      CTRL+SHIFT+F works fine
      (F key works fine in those same programs)
    • Tried removing the device in the device manager for the keyboard
      and re-discovering
    • Tried resetting the settings configurations for the programs
      that used this shortcut - nothing
    • Tried this online keyboard tester (Key-Test - keyboard test online) and
      the shortcut works there
    • Windows On-Screen Keyboard also cannot perform
      CTRL+SHIFT+F in those programs
    • Tried repairing Visual Studio which essentially re-installs it and reinstalling Atom

I'm not sure what else to try. It stopped working when I upgraded from one Visual Studio version to the next available however it also simultaneously stopped working in Atom. Are there some other areas of settings that need to be flushed? I have to assume that was just a coincidence...

Enigma, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

BUG: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F shortcut no longer working

1. BUG: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F shortcut no longer working - Similar Threads - BUG Ctrl Alt

2. Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working: Version : Windows 10 ProThe problem is I can't use alt + shift to change my input language.I have tried methods like- changing language input hotkey- ctfmon thing- restarting computerand it still doesn't fix my problem.Also my language bar is missing too. I have set it to...
  3. Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working: I have been having issues with my Ctrl+Shift keybinds for months now. I have been researching on every site I can find about this issue. I've tried changing Sticky Keys, I've tried changing Filter Keys, I've tried checking my keyboard settings, I've tried changing settings in...
  4. Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working

Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working: I have been having issues with my Ctrl+Shift keybinds for months now. I have been researching on every site I can find about this issue. I've tried changing Sticky Keys, I've tried changing Filter Keys, I've tried checking my keyboard settings, I've tried changing settings in...
  5. Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working: Hi, Just as the title suggests my shift, ctrl, win alt keys are not working. I have tried turning off sticky keys and other solutions online but the issue remains the same. This the second time it happened, the first time was resolved when I had a BIOS firmware update but now...
  6. Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working

Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working: Hi, Just as the title suggests my shift, ctrl, win alt keys are not working. I have tried turning off sticky keys and other solutions online but the issue remains the same. This the second time it happened, the first time was resolved when I had a BIOS firmware update but now...
  7. "Alt +Shift + Ctrl + F" and "Alt +Shift + Ctrl + R" do not work in latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Alt +Shift + Ctrl + F" and "Alt +Shift + Ctrl + R" do not work in latest update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hn093h/alt_shift_ctrl_f_and_alt_shift_ctrl_r_do_not_work/
  8. Ctrl + Alt + Shift + F no longer works. Windows 10 Pro latest build. What's the problem?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl + Alt + Shift + F no longer works. Windows 10 Pro latest build. What's the problem?: Trying to find any answers around this online as usual and Google reveals multiple results around this keyboard shortcut having stopped working due to a 'bug' in Windows 10 Pro over the last twelve to eighteen months. Can anyone confirm a similar issue with this. Shortcut...
  9. Shortcuts not working CTRL+LMB and ctrl-alt-v

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcuts not working CTRL+LMB and ctrl-alt-v: I have recently changed to windows from mac os and I am having a nightmare of a time. Selecting non-adjacent text and pasting plain text are IMPARATIVE to my work. The fact that none of the shortcuts are working is adding SO MUCH time to my workflow it's disgusting. For...
  10. Windows 10 1903 broke Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 broke Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F: It would appear after 1903 upgrade, Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F hotkey in one of my applications has broken. Using Spy++, it appears to be File Explorer that is taking over this hotkey. Is there a way to disable this?...