Windows 10: BUG: Current Windows 10 Build 1809 Can Cause System-Wide Stutters Every Few Seconds

Discus and support BUG: Current Windows 10 Build 1809 Can Cause System-Wide Stutters Every Few Seconds in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After I updated to Build 1809, I noticed that my PC would stutter (freeze) for a fraction of a second every three or so seconds, like clockwork. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alice Étoile, Mar 26, 2019.

1. BUG: Current Windows 10 Build 1809 Can Cause System-Wide Stutters Every Few Seconds

After I updated to Build 1809, I noticed that my PC would stutter (freeze) for a fraction of a second every three or so seconds, like clockwork. I tried many reported solutions to get it fixed (such as reinstalling the audio drivers), but to no avail. The only way I was able to fix it was by rolling back to a previous version of Windows 10 (I'm currently back on Build 1803). I have currently disabled updates in hopes that this issue gets rectified.

If anyone else is experiencing stutters, consider rolling back W10 to a previous build. It may fix the issue for you as well if other solutions have not worked for you.

:)

Alice Étoile, Mar 26, 2019
  2. SSheen21 Win User

Win 10 - Dual monitor and Mouse/System? stutter

Hi,

I have install Win 10 on a new 2700x build with a XFX RX570 video card. I have an issue I am attempting to deal with.

1) The mouse stutters when I extend the desktop to my second monitor. Stutter = moving the mouse, it will freeze for a short time and then move. It does this constantly. Now I think this is system wide, but the mouse is just want caught my attention/focus.
    I see the same behaviour when typing - letter display in notepad stutters, and behaviour in playing video - play back stutters.

If do not extend the desktop to the second monitor the issue goes away. I have tried the latest drivers for the graphics card, mouse, adjusted settings for the mouse (before I saw the behaviour in the keyboard and video), USB power management, windows update
    and more I am forgetting.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

SSheen21, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 stutters every 2 seconds

Hi,

Usually, when a hardware is not working as it used to, the first thing we can look at is the drivers related to its graphics and display. It can either be outdated or incompatible that is why the display stutters. For better assistance, please answer the
    following questions.

• Does the screen still flicker when you open Task Manager?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? You may check it by following these steps: Press
      Windows key + R, type "winver" and hit
      Enter

At the same time, you can update the drivers of your device by following the steps provided in this

article

We'll be waiting for your update.

Dennis Mop, Mar 26, 2019
  4. BUG: Current Windows 10 Build 1809 Can Cause System-Wide Stutters Every Few Seconds

Stuttering Every Two Seconds

Every two seconds I get a stutter, the mouse freezes and then jumps forward. Audio stutters, games stutter, everything stutters very briefly (on the order of milliseconds) every two seconds.

This happens every two seconds like clock work. It happens on windows, it happens in browsers, it happens in games.

I've tried updating all the drivers I can find. I've tried a System restore to last month even though the problem just started today. I've tried closing out of programs and disabling various tasks.

I've tried various checks and all come back clean:

• sfc /scannow
    • DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • CHKDSK /f

Please help!

BoostHungry, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

BUG: Current Windows 10 Build 1809 Can Cause System-Wide Stutters Every Few Seconds

1. BUG: Current Windows 10 Build 1809 Can Cause System-Wide Stutters Every Few Seconds - Similar Threads - BUG Current Build

2. Windows 10 - Nvidia drivers causing system-wide stutter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Nvidia drivers causing system-wide stutter: I’ve noticed that my pc will completely halt for a split second as Steam, Oculus, or the Nvidia Control Panel open. I thought this was a mouse / USB issue but the system also halts if I’m operating the cursor using the Rift S touch controllers. I now use a powered USB hub for...
  3. Windows 10 - Nvidia drivers causing system-wide stutter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Nvidia drivers causing system-wide stutter: I’ve noticed that my pc will completely halt for a split second as Steam, Oculus, or the Nvidia Control Panel open. I thought this was a mouse / USB issue but the system also halts if I’m operating the cursor using the Rift S touch controllers. I now use a powered USB hub for...
  4. Windows 10 - Nvidia drivers causing system-wide stutter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Micro stuttering every few seconds while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Micro stuttering every few seconds while gaming: Hello. I have an Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 [16GB RAM, Ryzen 5 4600HS, and NVIDIA GTX 1650Ti]. It's been less than a year, and my laptop was performing very well, and I had no issues with it. But I've been experiencing micro-stuttering in games for the last two days. I've tried on...
  6. Micro stuttering every few seconds while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Micro stuttering every few seconds while gaming: Hello. I have an Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 [16GB RAM, Ryzen 5 4600HS, and NVIDIA GTX 1650Ti]. It's been less than a year, and my laptop was performing very well, and I had no issues with it. But I've been experiencing micro-stuttering in games for the last two days. I've tried on...
  7. Windows 10 stutters every few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stutters every few seconds: This has been a problem for months now. Every few seconds, all apps on my computer freezes for half a second. While writing, the computer still register my input while stuttering. The mouse's movement and audio is uneffected by the stuttering. When i look into Task Manager,...
  8. Windows 10 computer stutters every few seconds

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 computer stutters every few seconds: [ATTACH]If your Windows 10 computer stutters every few seconds then this post may be able to help you. Some users have reported that they have started experiencing this issue after updating their Windows 10 PC. When this error occurs, the mouse either lags or its movement is...
  9. System-wide stutter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System-wide stutter: Hello. I have had my PC for 1 1/2 years now and I have had this issue before. I don't know what causes it to start but for some reason, it decides to stutter. The fix last time was to install a fresh copy of windows, but that didn't work this time. I am very confused and...
  10. system is microstuttering every few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    system is microstuttering every few seconds: I installed the 1803 update a few days ago, and as soon as it had rebooted, I found that YouTube videos would "stutter" every few seconds. For a fraction of a second, everything freezes up and the audio makes a buzzing sound, like a cell phone on vibrate but lower pitched....