Windows 10: Bug: Edge no print dialog as member of Administrators w/o UAC in 1809 -- Works fine in 1803

Discus and support Bug: Edge no print dialog as member of Administrators w/o UAC in 1809 -- Works fine in 1803 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there! I'd like to report a bug with the version of Microsoft Edge in Win10 1809. The print dialog will not show when pressing the 'Print' button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by timchin, Jan 25, 2019.

1. timchin Win User

Bug: Edge no print dialog as member of Administrators w/o UAC in 1809 -- Works fine in 1803

Hi there!

I'd like to report a bug with the version of Microsoft Edge in Win10 1809. The print dialog will not show when pressing the 'Print' button or Ctrl + P when the logged on user is a member of the local Administrators group with UAC disabled. If I enable FilterAdministratorToken = 1 and restart the computer, printing works as expected with the same user. However, that changes breaks a mission-critical application within our office.

The version of Edge in Win10 1803, printing works fine with UAC disabled and FilterAdministratorToken = 0. We have images of both, so it's very easy to reproduce in our environment/lab and should be in yours, too.

Windows 10 version to Microsoft Edge version:

Win10 1803 = Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0

Win10 1809 = Microsoft Edge 44.17763.1.0

*Note: Printing from other metro/modern apps (Photos/Snip & Sketch) work perfectly in 1809, so it seems to just be an Edge issue (MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe?).

Please take a look at this for us and see if you reproduce/fix. Thank you!!

Tim

:)

timchin, Jan 25, 2019
  2. Jenik1024 Win User

UAC dialog turns off Num Lock

Hi Preeti,

thank you for your reply. I have tried booting into the safe mode and found out that I cannot test the issue there since there is no UAC dialog in safe mode enabled.

I was testing if further in normal mode and found out that:

• The problem disappears when I redice the UAC dialog settings from level 3 (dark screen + dialog) to level 2 (dialog only)
    • The problem does not reappear immediately after resetting the UAC to level 3: NumLock works correctly even with dark screen UAC dialogs until first restart. Then again the UAC dialog silently turns off NumLock
    So not a solution, but a workaround is to disable the dark screen for UAC dialog (level 2 on the UAC slider).

Jenik1024, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Windows 10 UAC not showing dialog after change of settings?

I selected the option in Windows 10 UAC not to dim the screen (3 step down), now when it is expected to launch it doesn't open a modal dialog box. Task Manager reports Consent UI for administrative applications is running, but I can't see it!

I ran User Account Control Settings and switched back to the 2nd step down, but it's annoying to have the dimming.

Any way to get this working?

nigelmercier, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Jenik1024 Win User

Bug: Edge no print dialog as member of Administrators w/o UAC in 1809 -- Works fine in 1803

UAC dialog turns off Num Lock

After Windows 10 installation I observed odd behaviuor of Num Lock. Each time the UAC dialog window appears (e.g. when starting Total Commander as Administrator or when adding ESET firewall rule), the Num Lock is turned off without any visible warning. The
    computer is Acer Aspire V5-573G but I doubt this is a hardware-dependent issue.

I have used recommended registry edits to turn on the Num Lock on Login / Locked screen and they work, however the UAC bug is not affected by these settings.

Is there any way how to keep the Num Lock alive after the UAC dialog?

Jenik1024, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Bug: Edge no print dialog as member of Administrators w/o UAC in 1809 -- Works fine in 1803 - Similar Threads - Bug Edge print

2. Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10: Hello!I'm currently trying to access an old account on a desktop computer currently on Windows 10 I haven't used in a few years since I got my current laptop. However, I am unable to remember the password for the profile - which happens to be the Administrator profile for the...
  3. Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10: Hello!I'm currently trying to access an old account on a desktop computer currently on Windows 10 I haven't used in a few years since I got my current laptop. However, I am unable to remember the password for the profile - which happens to be the Administrator profile for the...
  4. Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Print Dialog Screen Not Working Correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Dialog Screen Not Working Correctly: After the last update the print dialog screen changed and is no longer showing a preview and is not carrying "more settings" from printer driver back to print process in Windows. i.e. changing media size for example in printer driver does not carry back to program print...
  6. Print Dialog Screen Not Working Correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Dialog Screen Not Working Correctly: After the last update the print dialog screen changed and is no longer showing a preview and is not carrying "more settings" from printer driver back to print process in Windows. i.e. changing media size for example in printer driver does not carry back to program print...
  7. Edge not printing when UAC is turned off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge not printing when UAC is turned off.: Whenever I click the "print" option in Edge (non-Chromium), the dialog box never comes up. This is with UAC turned off; when it's on, the box comes up fine. I'm an IT manager at an organization and our PCs are on Windows 10 Enterprise 2004. I'm stumped on what could be...
  8. deleting administrator account w/o having password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    deleting administrator account w/o having password: I need to delete the administrator account on my windows 10 system at work because she is no longer working here & no one knows her password to get into the administrator account & delete it & set up a new one. can anyone tell me how to get this accomplished? 134348
  9. deleting administrator account w/o having password

in Windows 10 Support
    deleting administrator account w/o having password: I need to delete the administrator account on my windows 10 system at work because she is no longer working here & no one knows her password to get into the administrator account & delete it & set up a new one. can anyone tell me how to get this accomplished? 134348
  10. Print Dialog

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Dialog: I have a shared printer and when I print to it, the printer icon does not close, it does on the other printer that I print directly to. I have tried "Refresh" and "Close" and it still stays active. 119508

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no print dialog microsoft edge

2. edge no print dialog

3. edge print dialog not opening

4. no print dialog in edge,
  5. microsoft edge no print dialog,
  6. print dialog box edge,
  7. edge and uac and printing,
  8. print dialog will not open in edge,
  9. edge print dialog disappears,
  10. print dialogue does not shw on edge UAC,
  11. no print dialog edge,