Windows 10: BUG? : Excel forgets the Data Types of Table Columns in Data Model

Discus and support BUG? : Excel forgets the Data Types of Table Columns in Data Model in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft Office 365, Version 1809 (Build 10827.20181 Click-to-Run) on Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.345 I have a workbook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michael..B, Oct 25, 2018.

1. BUG? : Excel forgets the Data Types of Table Columns in Data Model

Microsoft Office 365, Version 1809 (Build 10827.20181 Click-to-Run)

on Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.345

I have a workbook with three tables in the Data Model, drawn from three tables on separate sheets in the workbook.

Whenever I close and re-open the workbook, the Data Type of every column in the Data Model in reset to "Text".

This creates several flow-on bugs:

- The column "Format" setting becomes confused for columns that were, for example, formatted as dates or times.

- More importantly, some calculated values are deleted from my Pivot Tables as the calculation (a "Max" in this case) is no longer compatible with the reset data type of "Text" - the column had been set to data type "whole number".

- As a result of the "Max" calculation being deleted, output Pivot Charts flowing from that Pivot Table end up blank.

I have tried multiple times to reset the data types of the columns, and save the changes. It always works fine once I have reset the data types, but once I close Excel and re-open the Workbook, the data types have again reverted to "Text".

I'll keep looking for workarounds, but this has shaken my confidence in relying on Data Models and Pivot Tables in Excel!

:)

Michael..B, Oct 25, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Automatically create process diagrams in Visio from Excel data

Source: Automatically create process diagrams in Visio from Excel data - Office Blogs

Brink, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    New feature updates for Power Pivot in Excel 2016

Source: New feature updates for Power Pivot in Excel 2016 - Office Blogs

Brink, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

BUG? : Excel forgets the Data Types of Table Columns in Data Model

New Data Types in Excel for Office 365

Source: New in March–rich data types, intelligent search, and datacenters

Brink, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

BUG? : Excel forgets the Data Types of Table Columns in Data Model

1. BUG? : Excel forgets the Data Types of Table Columns in Data Model - Similar Threads - BUG Excel forgets

2. Transfer one table column data into another table column in power apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer one table column data into another table column in power apps: The question is :1. Table 1 contain column with name country, this column contains data2. Table 2 also contains column with name country but this column is emptynow i have to reflect 1st table country column data to 2nd table country column...
  3. Transfer one table column data into another table column in power apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer one table column data into another table column in power apps: The question is :1. Table 1 contain column with name country, this column contains data2. Table 2 also contains column with name country but this column is emptynow i have to reflect 1st table country column data to 2nd table country column...
  4. Data usage statistic incorrect forget usage

Data usage statistic incorrect forget usage: Hello,I am using a SIM-card in a Surface Go 2 with Windows 11 and I activated the data usage statistics. Over weekend the data usage count decreased from over 1 GB to 300 MB. The usage statistics will normaly reset on the first day of a month. I noticed that before.The...
  5. Data usage statistic incorrect forget usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data usage statistic incorrect forget usage: Hello,I am using a SIM-card in a Surface Go 2 with Windows 11 and I activated the data usage statistics. Over weekend the data usage count decreased from over 1 GB to 300 MB. The usage statistics will normaly reset on the first day of a month. I noticed that before.The...
  6. Excel, windows version 10 - Data - Text to columns - wizard box not appearing that appears...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel, windows version 10 - Data - Text to columns - wizard box not appearing that appears...: I am using an external source to pull data and my colleague is using Windows 11 pro and I am using windows 10 pro.Once dataset is loaded into a raw data tab. We then go to the data tab and then the text to columns tab, in my colleagues tab a wizard box appears and in this...
  7. Excel, windows version 10 - Data - Text to columns - wizard box not appearing that appears...

Excel, windows version 10 - Data - Text to columns - wizard box not appearing that appears...: I am using an external source to pull data and my colleague is using Windows 11 pro and I am using windows 10 pro.Once dataset is loaded into a raw data tab. We then go to the data tab and then the text to columns tab, in my colleagues tab a wizard box appears and in this...
  8. Data Mining Module for excel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Data Mining Module for excel: I am trying to help my son with Univ assignment and he has to do PCA. It appears that he needs to have the Data Mining Module installed. He has a 64 bit system but the module wont load. Does this mean he needs SQL server?...
  9. EXCEL 2019 Stock and Geograpghy Data types missing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    EXCEL 2019 Stock and Geograpghy Data types missing: Hi folks Is this only now an Office 365 feature -- for stock quotes the Stock and Geography data types aren't available it seems in current versions of Office 2019 Any body messing around with Stock Exchange type of stuff on EXCEL --the old yahoo used to have excellent Free...
  10. New Data Types in Excel for Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    New Data Types in Excel for Office 365: Every day, millions of Office 365 subscribers rely on Excel to perform complex tasks with intelligent tools like Insights and advanced data transformation. This month, we rolled out several updates, which harnesses the power of the Microsoft Cloud, to make Excel even more...