Windows 10: [BUG] Exclusive Fullscreen Applications Cause Interactivity Problem

Discus and support [BUG] Exclusive Fullscreen Applications Cause Interactivity Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After upgrading to 20H2, I've run into what appears to be an old and undiagnosed problem; when searching I find several old threads with solutions that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ant0nym1984, Nov 12, 2020.

1. [BUG] Exclusive Fullscreen Applications Cause Interactivity Problem

After upgrading to 20H2, I've run into what appears to be an old and undiagnosed problem; when searching I find several old threads with solutions that no longer work. Upon exiting an exclusive fullscreen app, in my case my games, any existing or subsequent window will not respond to mouse clicks; if I'm able to brIng focus via the mouse, it quickly freezes.

The only thing that restores functionality is doing something that resets my session--lock/unlock, logoff, restart. Older threads refer to the fall creators update as being the code that introduced this problem but it only recently surfaced for me.

Can'''t interact with some program windows after closing a true fullscreen game : Windows10
    Can't click on anything after Windows update. HELP | Tom's Hardware Forum
    Windows 10 start menu stops working | Tom's Hardware Forum

I've tried using the compatibility flags in the UI and registry to revert the fullscreen optimizations that are screwing this up but nothing seems to take; I've also disabled Game Mode globally to no avail. I don't want to have to reinstall an older version of 10 and pray the offending update is not re-downloaded so a fix would be immensely appreciated

:)

ant0nym1984, Nov 12, 2020

2. Fullscreen mode problem

I did a clean boot and I was able to run it in fullscreen. At first it was minimizing the game at fullscreen and I had to click on the icon to bring it back on screen. After a few clicks the game seemed to run in fullscreen without any problems.

The problem is caused by NahimicService.exe which has something to do with audio drivers of Sonic Studio, applications wwhich are included in ASUS and MSI Motherboards.

There are many Official Forums of those Brands that suggest to uninstall Realtek drivers.

Panos9ball, Nov 12, 2020
  3. gamerk2 Win User
    HDR fullscreen problems

Version: Windows 10 17134

GPU: NVIDIA 1080 Ti (Driver 397.31)

Display: LG OLED 55" B6P

Problem: Windows HDR implementation barely works properly. Here's a list of issues I've seen so far:

1: SDR applications that are not exclusive fullscreen start in HDR mode, distorting the colors. If an OS overlay [such as the volume overlay] come up, the display will go blank until the overlay dissapears.

2: SDR applications that are exclusive fullscreen go blank. From what I can see, my display is in SDR mode, so I'm guessing there's a mismatch between Windows trying to output HDR content and the display receiving it. [And no, the problem is on Windows
    end; the display can handle HDR just fine on other systems]

3: I've had a case where an SDR application, on exit, somehow resulted in the system HDR setting being disabled. I've also had another case where on exit the system is reporting its in HDR mode, but outputting SDR even on the desktop.

So in short: Windows is not managing HDR properly.

gamerk2, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Railander Win User

[BUG] Exclusive Fullscreen Applications Cause Interactivity Problem

Maximized windows are unmaximized after running an application in exclusive fullscreen

I've noticed this problem now for well over 2 years on both my desktop and laptop computers.

The problem: After my display engages a program in exclusive fullscreen, some of my other applications that were maximized will then be unmaximized.

What boggles me is how inconsistent this issue is. The things I could learn over the past couple of years after real-world use are:

• It happens whenever the display engages a program running in exclusive fullscreen, so both starting up a program in EF or simply alt-tabbing out and back will trigger it.
    • As far as I can tell, any program running in EF will trigger the problem, though my tests are limited to only a handful of games: WoW; Overwatch; CS:GO; Paladins; Diablo 3; osu!.
    • Only certain maximized programs are affected, and the programs vary between my desktop PC and laptop PC. On my desktop, I think it only happens with Remote Desktop, while on my laptop it happens with Chrome.
    • The problem may or may not occur depending on each individual boot. Sometimes I boot the computer and it never happens even after I keep testing to see if it eventually will, and sometimes I boot and it happens every time even after I keep testing to see if it will stop. I don't have statistics, but I'd guess at least 90% of boots experience the problem.
    • It does not appear to be tied to any graphics driver nor GPU manufacturer as the laptop is running on an Intel iGPU (6200u) and the desktop has been through both AMD and NVIDIA GPUs (280X and 1080Ti), drivers on both computers were always updated to the latest ones every 2 months on average.
    • I've only tested in Windows 10 so far, but I've gone through several build versions (from RS2 to RS4) in both computers and the problem has always been present.

Over the years I've looked for answers on Google on and off but never found anyone with this particular issue, so I am really out of ideas.

Railander, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

[BUG] Exclusive Fullscreen Applications Cause Interactivity Problem

1. [BUG] Exclusive Fullscreen Applications Cause Interactivity Problem - Similar Threads - BUG Exclusive Fullscreen

2. "A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.": Can anyone tell me why this happens--repeatedly and often--and what can be done to prevent it? Here's the report from the Performance Monitor:Source Microsoft OutlookSummary Stopped responding and was closedDate ‎4/‎14/‎2023 12:36 PMStatus Not reportedDescriptionA problem...
  3. Fullscreen bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen bug: Hello everyone,I need help with something, when I play minecraft for some reason whenever I use fullscreen my fps drops like crazy in certain maps, and it still happens after I tried all the optimizations I could think of....
  4. Fullscreen bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fullscreen bug: Hello everyone,I need help with something, when I play minecraft for some reason whenever I use fullscreen my fps drops like crazy in certain maps, and it still happens after I tried all the optimizations I could think of....
  5. Fullscreen Exclusive Mode Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fullscreen Exclusive Mode Help!: I like to play Fortnite in Fullscreen Exclusive Mode and the way to test if you are in exclusive mode is to press the volume button while in game and if it shows on the screen then u are not in exclusive mode. Ik windows has made it difficult to get in exclusive mode but I've...
  6. Exclusive Fullscreen in Fortnitr

Exclusive Fullscreen in Fortnitr: I have been on the internet for hours to try and get fortnite to run in exclusive fullscreen, but it wont. I've tried ticking disable fullscreen optimizations, modifying registries, changing game config files, command line arguments, etc. Other people have been experiencing...
  7. Fullscreen bug?

Fullscreen bug?: Whenever I go into any platform, watch a fullscreen video there, it just goes black, on youtube it only happens if the video is 720p or better, but in steam (the game launcher) it happens too. Help? submitted by /u/elestupidoguy [link] [comments]...
  8. A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.: I am looking for the problem that caused my Asus Aura ROG is not responding and I saw this error in archived message in security and maintenance. I am using Windows 10 version 1903. This is the problem description. Description A problem caused this program to stop...
  9. 1903 Update and Exclusive Fullscreen Issues

1903 Update and Exclusive Fullscreen Issues: After 1903 Some Games now will not run in exclusive Fullscreen causing performance issues and input lag. I've tried everything from comparability settings to registry values, and I unfortunately cannot roll back my version of windows due to the update being longer than 10...
  10. Simultaneous Exclusive Fullscreen for two applications on two monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Simultaneous Exclusive Fullscreen for two applications on two monitors: Basically what I want to achieve is simple. I want to stream a football game via a browser, which has a full screen mode in the video, on my TV, which is my HDMI second monitor. At the same time, I want to run a game (Microsoft's Rise of Nations, for example) in full...