Windows 10: Bug fix help Wifi and explorer crash

Discus and support Bug fix help Wifi and explorer crash in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since I've started using WiFi on my tower (added a PCIE network card), I've come upon some annoying issues. Midway throughout a session (regardless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TimothyGuay, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Bug fix help Wifi and explorer crash

Since I've started using WiFi on my tower (added a PCIE network card), I've come upon some annoying issues.

Midway throughout a session (regardless of what i'm doing) my wifi will suddenly cut off, none of the windows menus will work and explorer crashes.

I've tried everything, please, help.

:)

TimothyGuay, Feb 22, 2019
  2. vinceip Win User

Explorer Crash FIX!

Our old Dell Inspiron N5110 got this problem also.
    Taskbar keeps refreshing. Thanks many hints from guys above pointed me the direction to fix it.
    From Reliability History Monitor I found Explorer keeps crashing because of IDTNC64.CPL (type reliability history at Start)
    1. the issue was from IDTNC64.cpl, the sound driver,
    but I could not successfully to uninstall it from device manager nor control panel or rename the file or the folder.
    2. uninstalled High Definition Audio Device few times, problem remain
    3. tried to uninstall within Control Panel > Program file, yet Control Panel only open 2, 3 seconds then closed automatically.
    4. finally solved Control Panel shut down problem by going to msconfig>services>and disable Windows Error Reporting Service. see below sequence:
    Click window + R keys, type msconfig, Enter to open msconfig, click Services Tag and look for Windows Error Reporting Service. Unchecked it, then apply, ok then reboot system when it suggests.
    5. After this, open Control Panel by clicking Start > type Control Panel. Then my Control Panel open and stay put, won't shut down by itself.
    6. In Control Panel > Programs > I found IDT Audio and successfully to uninstall it.
    7. No more taskbar refresh or Windows Explore shut down after uninstalled IDT and Sound still works great!!!
    8. repeat step 4 to check Windows Error Reporting Services by clicking it. OK then follow system suggestion to reboot.
    9. Control Panel still able to open and remain open. Sound still works and no more refresh.
    10. From Reliability History monitor found no more Windows Explorer crashing.
    I am happy and hope above steps help

vinceip, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Bundy Win User
    Explorer crashing

Thanks Zat. I had never looked at event viewer and it had more info than I thought. Seems the problem was a second computer I was trying to network with. Unplugging the ethernet cable fixed the crashes. Explorer must have been looking in the wrong place I guess.

Bundy, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Bundy Win User

Bug fix help Wifi and explorer crash

Explorer crashing

The past few weeks, whenever i click on some links (i.e. techpowerup forum email notifications) in explorer, it crashes and must be rebooted. I have tried swapping Kapersky firewall with Windows firewall but it doesnt fix the problem. *Bang Head :banghead:can anyone help?

PS - Cant respond to this post for 8 hours, got to go to work.

Bundy, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Bug fix help Wifi and explorer crash

1. Bug fix help Wifi and explorer crash - Similar Threads - Bug fix help

2. Need help Fixing File Explorer crashes that are linked to kernelbase.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help Fixing File Explorer crashes that are linked to kernelbase.dll: I have been running into crashes when I right click or even sometimes left click files in file explorer. The event viewer says they are related to Kernelbase.dll. I have run SFC and DISM and they have not fixed the issue. I have updated windows, no change. Faulting...
  3. Need help Fixing File Explorer crashes that are linked to kernelbase.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help Fixing File Explorer crashes that are linked to kernelbase.dll: I have been running into crashes when I right click or even sometimes left click files in file explorer. The event viewer says they are related to Kernelbase.dll. I have run SFC and DISM and they have not fixed the issue. I have updated windows, no change. Faulting...
  4. Need help Fixing File Explorer crashes that are linked to kernelbase.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. help fixing WIFI and Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help fixing WIFI and Bluetooth: my laptop wont connect to wifi and it says i have no bluetooth driver on my laptop how can i fix that need help bad please. and also when im not wired in to my modem and i look for my wifi it only shows it haves one bar how can i fix that part to???????...
  6. help fixing WIFI and Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    help fixing WIFI and Bluetooth: my laptop wont connect to wifi and it says i have no bluetooth driver on my laptop how can i fix that need help bad please. and also when im not wired in to my modem and i look for my wifi it only shows it haves one bar how can i fix that part to???????...
  7. Explorer crash more like a bug

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Explorer crash more like a bug: This situation happens even in the safe mode!!!It requires 2 following prerequisites to occur:1. The first time tries to open explorer. like after a reboot or relaunch the explore in task manager2. Left-click the explorer icon in the taskbarThe crash report is in the...
  8. Explorer crash more like a bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer crash more like a bug: This situation happens even in the safe mode!!!It requires 2 following prerequisites to occur:1. The first time tries to open explorer. like after a reboot or relaunch the explore in task manager2. Left-click the explorer icon in the taskbarThe crash report is in the...
  9. Explorer crash more like a bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Explorer crash more like a bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps