Windows 10: bug for wd file submission

Discus and support bug for wd file submission in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission chose "Incorrectly detected as malware / malicious" but the "User Opinion" of the page after... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dogfight360, Apr 16, 2020.

1. bug for wd file submission

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission

chose "Incorrectly detected as malware / malicious"
    but the "User Opinion" of the page after submission is "Malware"

anyone contact Microsoft staff to resolve the bug?

bug for wd file submission 47c806a0-e05f-44c5-8cbb-340846bf6094?upload=true.png

bug for wd file submission 074baeeb-7d3d-4be1-bdd3-5de3232972b8?upload=true.png

:)

Dogfight360, Apr 16, 2020

2. Can't access files restored from wd passport

I have looked at the numerous inquiries on this subject. Most are old and the suggestions do not coincide with the menu selections. So, I will try this.

• New computer HP pavillion
    • Windows 10
    • Backup files stored on wd passport
    • restored the files to the new pc
    • can't view, access,
    • message that I don't have permission
    • tried to change permission
    • did not work

problemnewpc, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Unable to access WD utility software on Windows 10

Hi Tanner,

Thank you for responding.

As you are able to see the drive under Device Manager, I suggest you to update the driver and check if it helps.

Steps to update the drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand WD utility software.
    • Right click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 16, 2020
  4. bug for wd file submission

WD Mybook Application won't launch

Hi James,

Problem launching the WD MyBook application could be due to incompatibility or could be caused by a software conflict. Since you've already reached out to WD support, we would like to know the following to help us isolate and address the problem:

• Were there any changes made or updates performed before the issue started?
    • What were the troubleshooting steps have you tried to far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WD MyBook application?

In the meantime, please try to disable the firewall and antivirus software on your computer. Once done, launch the WD application again and see if it works.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

bug for wd file submission

1. bug for wd file submission - Similar Threads - bug file submission

2. Sign in photo submission -

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in photo submission -: Like other photographers and travelers, in my opinion, I take interesting pictures. I would like to have my photos featured on sign-in. Where users have a chance to say whether they like it or not we will show you more and then it goes to Bing with details of the area....
  3. Error after File submission for False positive analysis

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error after File submission for False positive analysis: Hello team,I have been trying to submit false positives to MS for investigation, however, after I submit and select submission details I see the error.Can someone tell me the reason for this?Also, when does a file get detected as VirTool:MSIL/Aikaantivm.GG!MTB ? even though...
  4. Submission for malware analysis

Submission for malware analysis: We are developing a desktop application and signing it with a Microsoft certificate. However, Microsoft Defender SmartScreen displays a message that the application may be malicious and prevents it from running. We sent the application to malware analysis and it successfully...
  5. automatic sample submission

in Windows 10 Customization
    automatic sample submission: hey. id like ti not have to "dismiss" automatic sample submission all the time.i have to dismiss is many times each week,sometimes several times a day. how can i get the "dissmissal" ti stick thanks.?...
  6. Automatic Sample submission

Automatic Sample submission: Hello, I am using Windows 10 64-bit version 2004. I have problemed in Windows 10: I cannot turn onAutomatic Sample submission. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-sample-submission/9558c44d-5bce-4d75-8590-a9c04b5e4659
  7. late submission to password

late submission to password: a few weeks ago ive made a change to my windows 10 password, i turned of my pc and tried to log back in with the new password, but then it didnt work and i just used my normal password to log back in and i forgot about the new password, a few later, in this covid situation i...
  8. Automatic sample submission

Automatic sample submission: Do i need Automatic sample submission turnedon, on my laptop? it is currently off. i honestly don't even know how i came across it. [ATTACH]so i'm not closing out the window until i get an answer. I'm not computer savvy, so i'm trying to learn what to do and what not to do...
  9. Windows Wallpaper Submission

Windows Wallpaper Submission: Regards, I was wondering if Microsoft is again accepting entries of photographs to be selected as windows wallpaper. I am a wildlife photographer from Pakistan. Recently one of my fellow photographer has got his shot selected as Windows 10 wallpaper....
  10. Malware submission

Malware submission: I have the source code to a known malware (at least is known on wiki), and as someone who has no knowledge in malware reverse engineering or the ability to assemble the source codes, i need to find someone who does. As of now i have found someone, but i dont really trust the...