Windows 10: BUG: If you delete Pictures/Screenshots folder you will break Win+Print Screen shortcut

Discus and support BUG: If you delete Pictures/Screenshots folder you will break Win+Print Screen shortcut in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If you delete Screenshots folder in C:\Users\<USER>\Pictures\ it will break Win+Print Screen shortcut. Recreating folder does not fix it, screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PiratePaprika, Apr 6, 2021.

1. BUG: If you delete Pictures/Screenshots folder you will break Win+Print Screen shortcut

If you delete Screenshots folder in C:\Users\<USER>\Pictures\ it will break Win+Print Screen shortcut.

Recreating folder does not fix it, screen blinks but there is no screenshot anywhere.

And yes i did try turning it off and on again.

OS Build: 19042.906

submitted by /u/PiratePaprika
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PiratePaprika, Apr 6, 2021

2. Screen Capture not working (Windows Key + Print Screen)

When I press Windows Key + Print Screen the screen flashes but no file is saved in the Screenshots folder in Pictures.

Seems to be a bug in Windows 10 (10240). Any suggestions please?

Christina Nancy Komninou, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Screenshot folder is missing in Pictures

Hello NasirAbbas1,

Can you please advise how recently you last saw that folder? Is it possible it was accidentally deleted and is sitting in the Recycling bin?

if you press the keyboard keys Windows + Print Screen your system should take a screenshot and place the image in Pictures\Screenshots. If the folder does not exist it will be created.

Please advise if that helps or you need further assistance.

Brad Keller, Apr 6, 2021
  4. BUG: If you delete Pictures/Screenshots folder you will break Win+Print Screen shortcut

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused BUG: If you delete Pictures/Screenshots folder you will break Win+Print Screen shortcut :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well BUG: If you delete Pictures/Screenshots folder you will break Win+Print Screen shortcut :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

BUG: If you delete Pictures/Screenshots folder you will break Win+Print Screen shortcut

1. BUG: If you delete Pictures/Screenshots folder you will break Win+Print Screen shortcut - Similar Threads - BUG delete Pictures

2. Screenshots are not showing up in the "Screenshot" folder in the picture folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots are not showing up in the "Screenshot" folder in the picture folder: I had onedrive installed on my laptop previously, but it wasn't signed in or set up, I also disabled the auto start on startup for onedrive since I don't use it and won't like to get my files backed up, but I noticed one thing, for some reason, my "Documents", "Pictures" and...
  3. Screenshots are not showing up in the "Screenshot" folder in the picture folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screenshots are not showing up in the "Screenshot" folder in the picture folder: I had onedrive installed on my laptop previously, but it wasn't signed in or set up, I also disabled the auto start on startup for onedrive since I don't use it and won't like to get my files backed up, but I noticed one thing, for some reason, my "Documents", "Pictures" and...
  4. Deleted Screenshot Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Screenshot Folder: Hello, recently I deleted the screenshots folder by mistake. I am unable to get it back... Also, not sure where screenshots are being saved curently, please let me know the solution to fix it....
  5. Deleted Screenshot Folder

Deleted Screenshot Folder: Hello, recently I deleted the screenshots folder by mistake. I am unable to get it back... Also, not sure where screenshots are being saved curently, please let me know the solution to fix it....
  6. Screenshot folder deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshot folder deleted: After uninstalling onedrive i deleted a system folder called onedrive and that folder contains screenshots folder and camera log.so the screenshots folder now is missing, i tried to fix that through registory editor...
  7. Screenshot folder deleted

Screenshot folder deleted: After uninstalling onedrive i deleted a system folder called onedrive and that folder contains screenshots folder and camera log.so the screenshots folder now is missing, i tried to fix that through registory editor...
  8. Shortcut to folder breaks using OneDrive

Shortcut to folder breaks using OneDrive: Hello,I use OneDrive to sync my files in my home Win 10 and work computers Win 11. Both computers have My Documents on the C drive, and synced with OneDrive. I keep copies stored locally in both computers, just in case. I often use shortcuts to folders and paste them in My...
  9. How do you delete a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you delete a folder: I am trying to delete a folder which is in Users. The folder is titled Public and I want to delete it. However when I do this, I get a message saying I need permission from...me. I tried going into the properties and changing the ownership of the file to every available...
  10. No screenshot folder in picture folder.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No screenshot folder in picture folder.: All my screenshots are going to onedrive. I have stopped the auto upload but there is no screenshot folder in C drive/ Pictures. How do I fix this. Grateful for so help. I have spent all morning with no luck. Even tried the registry fix. Cheers...