Windows 10: Bug in detecting communications activity

Discus and support Bug in detecting communications activity in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all, is there some sort of fix for this issue: I have 2 sound cards 1 - used for communications Skype 2 - used for regular sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SrukMS, Jan 9, 2020.

1. SrukMS Win User

Bug in detecting communications activity

Hello all,

is there some sort of fix for this issue:

I have 2 sound cards

1 - used for communications Skype

2 - used for regular sound

configuration is set as on images bellow, but every time I start the call sound volume on Default Device goes down option on image 3 is ignored so I need to change that option to something else, than again return it to : Do nothing. As I tend to have a number of calls throughout a day this issue started to be pretty annoying. Does anybody has some suggestions?

Bug in detecting communications activity 2d26a792-36e6-4f89-8994-9df969ece57a?upload=true.png

:)

SrukMS, Jan 9, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Windows phone is not detecting

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to connect the phone to another computer and check if it gets detected. Also, check if the phone gets detected by connecting with a different USB cable.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 9, 2020
  4. csatennis Win User

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Bug in detecting communications activity - Similar Threads - Bug detecting communications

2. Windows 11 sound , When Windows detects communications activity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 sound , When Windows detects communications activity: Hello,I would like to know if there is a way in PowerShell or in the Reggedit to change the following setting: In sound > Communications > When Windows detects communications activity. I want to set this setting to "Do nothing" on my computers.Thank you all!...
  3. Windows 11 sound , When Windows detects communications activity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 sound , When Windows detects communications activity: Hello,I would like to know if there is a way in PowerShell or in the Reggedit to change the following setting: In sound > Communications > When Windows detects communications activity. I want to set this setting to "Do nothing" on my computers.Thank you all!...
  4. Microsoft Activation is bugged.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Activation is bugged.: So I recently built my own desktop, and bought a Windows 11 activation key, and as I booted it up for the first time, I downloaded windows onto the PC with a USB Flash Drive. I then input the activation key as it was asked, and all worked well. The key was accepted and once I...
  5. Microsoft Activation is bugged.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Activation is bugged.: So I recently built my own desktop, and bought a Windows 11 activation key, and as I booted it up for the first time, I downloaded windows onto the PC with a USB Flash Drive. I then input the activation key as it was asked, and all worked well. The key was accepted and once I...
  6. Notepad bug with encoding auto-detection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad bug with encoding auto-detection: I found an interesting mis-behavior of notepad.Try creating two files.Put any kind of Japanese character in them to make one file just below 1024B and one file above 1024B can be any size. You can use the same characters in both files.For example, you can do it with the...
  7. Microsoft store not detecting hardware is this a bug?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft store not detecting hardware is this a bug?: for some reason microsoft store cant detect my hardware it was working fine a month ago and my pc did not update... also evedence of this is i had minecraft installed even though the hardware was not detected but when i went to go install world of tanks blitz thats when the...
  8. Cortana Activation Bug

in Cortana
    Cortana Activation Bug: About once a day, Cortana will activate on her own and pull up the full screen mode. This is getting obnoxious. My mic isn't even turned on when this happens, I wear headphones and there is absolutely no background noise. This needs to be fixed!...
  9. communication

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    communication: How do you get to speak to a person at microsoft??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/communication/7bc3f469-0acf-4ebe-8fc5-bef63e224ac0"
  10. Sound; communication; communication activity; reduce the volume of other sounds by 80% =...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound; communication; communication activity; reduce the volume of other sounds by 80% =...: To whom it may concern, using the latest Windows build 10, using the latest version of Skype, using Logitech gaming wireless headset. Using Skype quite heavily to make calls, like to have music playing in the background in between calls etc. for some reason for about six...