Windows 10: Bug in Event Viewer - Filter Current Log by Event Source

Discus and support Bug in Event Viewer - Filter Current Log by Event Source in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I found a bug trying to view the Event Log on both my v 1803 PCs for the Option Filter Current Log by Event Source. Nothing appears in the drop down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Steve C Win User

Bug in Event Viewer - Filter Current Log by Event Source

I found a bug trying to view the Event Log on both my v 1803 PCs for the Option Filter Current Log by Event Source.

Nothing appears in the drop down list unless the screen scaling is set to 100%. This strange behaviour is supported by many users based on a Google search. It seems MS infamous software QA strikes again. I guess we will have to wait fro a fix.

Is there a better free Event Viewer to use than that provided in Windows?

See the error below - nothing appears in the drop down box unless you use 100% scaling:

Bug in Event Viewer - Filter Current Log by Event Source [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Dec 21, 2018

2. Why is Event Viewer is no longer populating the dropdowns for Event Source and Event Logs on Windows 10 1803 clean install

Hi all,

I have recently formatted and installed the latest build of Windows 10 from iso 1803 17134.48. When I go to Event Viewer and either go to Create Custom View or Filter Current Log the dropdown boxes for Event logs and Event sources do not populate, they are
    empty. This looks like a bug with the latest build.

Does anyone know where this information is populated from?

Thanks

Grant

Grant Rogers, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Win 10 Event Viewer -- cannot save filter in Custom Views

I try to keep up a custom view for the Event Viewer. Since Win 10 was upgraded I can add exclusions such as ...-1234,-567,-89... but these are not saved upon exit from Event Viewer. Many repeated events are reported and most are not important.

Nor can I find where the filter data is stored: registry, sys32, etc.

Steps: Launch Event Viewer -- find one or more events in the custom view log -- launch Filter Current Custom View -- Add the events to be filtered out (including a (-)minus sign and comma separation. (note that in the current session, the events are
    removed as is expected) -- close the Filter Current Custom View (note that there is no Apply button) -- close and restart Event Viewer.

Results: added event filter numbers are removed from the filter list -- any filter brought over from Win 8 upgrade still remain.

Fixing this would be great. Knowing where the data is stored would also be fine.

Ed C Benson, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Bug in Event Viewer - Filter Current Log by Event Source

Why is Event Viewer is no longer populating the dropdowns for Event Source and Event Logs on Windows 10 1803 clean install

I have recently formatted and installed the latest build of Windows 10 from iso 1803 17134.48. When I go to Event Viewer and either go to Create Custom View or Filter Current Log the dropdown boxes for Event logs and Event sources do not populate, they are empty. This looks like a bug with the latest build.

Does anyone know where this information is populated from?

Grant Rogers, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Bug in Event Viewer - Filter Current Log by Event Source

1. Bug in Event Viewer - Filter Current Log by Event Source - Similar Threads - Bug Event Viewer

2. Event Viewer - Filter by Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer - Filter by Drive: Hi everyone, I would like to see what automated stuff happens on my PC's secondary SATA HDD. More specifically, I would like to see which Scheduled Tasks involve the secondary drive. I know it's possible to log events in Event Viewer under "Application and services...
  3. Event Viewer - Filter by Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer - Filter by Drive: Hi everyone, I would like to see what automated stuff happens on my PC's secondary SATA HDD. More specifically, I would like to see which Scheduled Tasks involve the secondary drive. I know it's possible to log events in Event Viewer under "Application and services...
  4. event viewer error source hal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer error source hal: event viewer error source hal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-error-source-hal/5259ce73-95bb-432f-9f95-73c56eaf1cb7
  5. Event Viewer: Filter Administrative Events?

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer: Filter Administrative Events?: The Administrative Events window quickly fills up with DistributedCOM warnings and errors. I tried to fix this, but in the end, couldn't get past the final step: Fixing DistributedCOM error 10016 Failing that (any other ideas folks on how to fix rather than hide the...
  6. Filter in the event viewer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Filter in the event viewer.: Hi, is it possible to create a filter by manually editing the XML query in the event viewer and have the entered query remain stored in the log even if I close the event viewer? Thanks 170228
  7. Event Viewer Log.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event Viewer Log.: Need to create an event viewer log that tracks USB connects and disconnects. I have all my USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting. I need to identify if it's possibly my UPS (usb connected to PC), because it showed I had a battery discharge when i first installed my...
  8. Weird Source in event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Source in event viewer: I was looking for the process that was preventing my shutdown in Event Viewer, I found it and it was BTServer.exe that was stopping it, but the Source of it was called Winsrv, I did a goole search on it and it said that it was a trojan, I have strong doubt because it said...
  9. Event Viewer Logs

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer Logs: I’m currently on Win10 Pro x64, version 1709, Build 16299.371. Searching in my Event Viewer, I noticed some logs under the “Applications and Services Logs” folder, which I don’t recall having previously (pointed with red arrow, in the image) and are all inactive! Can...
  10. Event Viewer TDI filter warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer TDI filter warning: Hello, I am receiving this error in Event Viewer: A TDI filter (\Driver\adgnetworktdidrv) was detected. This filter has not been certified by Microsoft and may cause system instability. I'm not sure what this means. Is it something that can be ignored or is it important?...