Windows 10: Bug in Language Bar settings (not working after updating to 1903)

Discus and support Bug in Language Bar settings (not working after updating to 1903) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After updating windows from 1801 to 1903 there is annoying popup appears when I switch between languages. And if you could disable it earlier in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alrozjkov, Sep 20, 2019.

1. alrozjkov Win User

Bug in Language Bar settings (not working after updating to 1903)

After updating windows from 1801 to 1903 there is annoying popup appears when I switch between languages.

And if you could disable it earlier in settings, now language bar settings not working.

As you can see in screenshot below even if you choose to hide language bar it still appears in popup and in taskbar.

I tried restarting exlorer.exe, restarting PC, rolling back to 1801 and updating to 1901 again and nothing halped.

Can I somehow get rid of that popup or not?

Bug in Language Bar settings (not working after updating to 1903) f8dab77e-86c9-4617-a928-1fdf1c0397b7?upload=true.jpg

:)

alrozjkov, Sep 20, 2019

2. The function "Change language bar hot keys " has a bug.

Hi Chen,

We would like to know more about your concern. Kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Were the hotkeys settings on your Windows 10 computer ever worked before?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you reconfigure your hotkeys settings by setting your key sequence to Not Assigned. To do this refer to the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Language > Advanced Settings.
    • Under Switching input methods, select Change language bar hot keys.
    • Select Between input languages, and then click Change Key Sequence.
    • Set Switch Keyboard Layout to Not Assigned.
    • Restart your computer.
    Once you're done with the process, you may then proceed to reconfigure your language bar hot keys to your desired settings. You may follow the steps above and select your preferred keyboard layout.

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Monica Cam, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    Languages bar on taskbar not same with Languages setting

Hi Tom,

To assist you better regarding your concern, may we know if you have tried removing the said language from the
    Language preferences settings and Language settings from
    Control panel? If not, kindly do so by following the steps below:

• Type in the word "Language" without the quotation from the Windows search bar.
    • Choose Language preferences.
    • Choose Language settings from Control
      panel

Bug in Language Bar settings (not working after updating to 1903) f44daccc-7a00-425f-aeab-dab0bf0ca789.jpg

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Bug in Language Bar settings (not working after updating to 1903)

Language bar is missing

I did a clean install of Windows 10 not long ago and now my language bar is missing. In addition, the alt-shift shortcut for changing keyboard layouts does not work. I have checked all my control panel settings and also added a registry entry to launch ctfmon.exe, as per the instructions here, but I still have the problem. Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks!

Edit: The problem only occurs with one account. When logged into my troubleshooting account I can see the language bar.

ricecrispies, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Bug in Language Bar settings (not working after updating to 1903)

1. Bug in Language Bar settings (not working after updating to 1903) - Similar Threads - Bug Language Bar

2. Japanese language not working in the language bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese language not working in the language bar: I tried to add Japanese language, it shows in my language bar now but doesn't work. I can see that it has failed to download the basic input and any input, so when I tried right click on A, I can see the hiragana and other choice, but it doesn't allow me to use, and simply...
  3. Japanese language not working in the language bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese language not working in the language bar: I tried to add Japanese language, it shows in my language bar now but doesn't work. I can see that it has failed to download the basic input and any input, so when I tried right click on A, I can see the hiragana and other choice, but it doesn't allow me to use, and simply...
  4. Language in Langauge Bar, but not Settings: Windows 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language in Langauge Bar, but not Settings: Windows 1903: Years of lurking past My first post from the shadows Meaning: I am stumped. I chose 2 languages when I installed Windows: English United States and Hebrew. I uninstalled Hebrew via Settings, and it no longer shows there: [ATTACH] Here's the problem: Hebrew is still...
  5. bug with language bar

bug with language bar: i changed system locale to united kingdom and I changed it again to united states the problem is now I have 3 languages and kingdom between them [ATTACH] I can't remove it cuz I can't find it in settings to remove it [ATTACH] and I have the all new updates and windows...
  6. Disabling Language Menu after 1903 update

Disabling Language Menu after 1903 update: Hello, I've updated to build 1903 this weekend and now when I switch layouts (Alt+Shift) Language Menu pops up (one you get with Win+Space). It doesn't depend on how your language switch is configured or what display method you're using. Is there a way to disable it?...
  7. Task Bar WEb search not working after update to 1903

in Cortana
    Task Bar WEb search not working after update to 1903: How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-web-search-not-working-after-update-to/355cfa7b-cb30-4b4e-970e-1fd62f6043f9"
  8. Language Bar pop-up after updating to 1903.

Language Bar pop-up after updating to 1903.: Hello dear users! Long story short (after countless battles with language bar) I noticed there is a small annoying popup appears when I switch languages. It started after updating windows to 1903. I installed 1903 because Xbox program wanted me to (wanted to test new xbox...
  9. Major Bug after update 1903 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major Bug after update 1903 version: After update 1903 I find a major bug.When Gaming Dvr is on it always usage CPU and when turn off it does not using CPU.I update also two cummulative update but the problem not fixed.I also report this bug to microsoft but no reponse.Please check your pc and reply your pc is...
  10. Language Bar settings

Language Bar settings: Despite having the language bar settings set to hidden, the language bar is always displayed in the taskbar (next to the clock). Is there anyway to hide the language bar permanently? I have 2 languages installed (EN US and EN UK)....