Windows 10: bug in microsoft defender

Discus and support bug in microsoft defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; windows defender picked up a virus called Trojan:Win32/Artoelo.B and the file path was on my desktop so I deleted it while windows defender was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by giridhari vaddavalli, Apr 30, 2021.

1. bug in microsoft defender

windows defender picked up a virus called Trojan:Win32/Artoelo.B and the file path was on my desktop so I deleted it while windows defender was scanning the pc and now defender is trying to delete it refer to the imagealso, the thing could not have been a virus as I had created a file with the right to left overdrive for fun and the .exe had no code or anything and defender picked up the virus as soon as I created a desktop shortcut of it and the file name was the same.the highlighted part was flipped because of the Unicode character u+202e original file name was png.exe

:)

giridhari vaddavalli, Apr 30, 2021

2. Windows Defender Error Code 0x800106ba

I have done all this. When I go to try and find Windows Defender in the second step there is no Windows Defender listed. Windows Essentials is still listed and it wont let me uninstall it because it will also uninstall other apps.

So now what do you suggest. I still cant get my Windows Defender to work right and feel my computer is unprotected.

This has been that way ever since downloading Windows 10. Which seems to have problems after problems. I dont care for it all. Microsoft real needs to get all bugs worked out before releasing something. I waiting as long as I could to download this.

KaySigmund, Apr 30, 2021
  3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 30, 2021
  4. R-T-B Win User

bug in microsoft defender

Better free alternative to microsoft defender?

Windows Defender, Bill?

Yeah. Same thing. Definitions to stay up to date on threats of course, but thats really just a list of tricks and signatures.

You don't have to be. You just have to be smart enough to break their shit. You can take it apart and reverse engineer it and marvel later (I was impressed by a clients just recently). It's not hard to be up to date enough to keep malware a.) mostly off your machine in the first place and b.) limit it's damage when it does appear to your machine via network and best practices.

Some may call my approach inconvienient, but it DOES work.

R-T-B, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

bug in microsoft defender

1. bug in microsoft defender - Similar Threads - bug microsoft defender

2. windows defender bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender bug: hi, I have a problem in two ways, I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro and on Windows Defender I have a problem with identity theft protection, it doesn't work for me when I'm off, but it should be on and in safe mode it says explorer.exe system warning unknown hard error,...
  3. windows defender bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender bug: hi, I have a problem in two ways, I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro and on Windows Defender I have a problem with identity theft protection, it doesn't work for me when I'm off, but it should be on and in safe mode it says explorer.exe system warning unknown hard error,...
  4. Windows Defender Bugged?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Bugged?: I recently did a fast scan with Defender and it showed a highly dangerous file. I deleted it and restarted the PC but the Defender still showed it when I did another scan. I check the folder and the file is no more and Defender still warns me how that threat is "active". And...
  5. Bug in windows defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug in windows defender?: So, I've noticed that the icon on my taskbar shows that there's some problem but when i went into the windows defender app its shows notin.I've ran multiple scans FULL and QUICK but there's seems to be no problem I've tried restarting aswll but no luck So, if there's anything...
  6. Windows Defender Bug

Windows Defender Bug: The bug deals with engine version 1.1.18100.5 which could potentially put thousands of files on your hard drive. The corrected engine version seems to be 1.1.18100.6. If desired, the files can be deleted. Here are the details: Windows Defender bug may fill your hard drive...
  7. bug in Microsoft Defender

bug in Microsoft Defender: windows defender picked up a virus called Trojan:Win32/Artoelo.B and the file path was on my desktop so I deleted it while windows defender was scanning the pc and now defender is trying to delete it refer to the imagealso, the thing could not have been a virus as I had...
  8. Bug Microsoft Defender Application Guard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bug Microsoft Defender Application Guard: Hello. When I turn on Microsoft Defender Application Guard, some files I have on my Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 OS 19042.804 will disappear. They are there, though, because my desktop is synced to another PC and in this other PC the missing files will display and I can open...
  9. Windows defender bug

Windows defender bug: Since, when I uninstalled McAfee, there is a bug in the windows defender which cause the problem for him to show nothing, no buttons. It also correlates to the windows update problem because it is not updating. I need immediate help because it could allow viruses. I posted...
  10. microsoft bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft bug: I formatted the PC recently and I am not able to download the sea of thieves (it was 47GB if I am not mistaken), every time I reboot the Microsoft Store it buga everything and low GB's that go beyond the disk size of the game and not Never ends! What can I do? No way to do a...