Windows 10: bug in patch

Discus and support bug in patch in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It been reported by numerous posts that KB4512508 is defected. I also read that a new patch will be published by Microsoft --- when the publish a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fpefpe, Aug 28, 2019.

1. fpefpe Win User

bug in patch

It been reported by numerous posts that KB4512508 is defected.

I also read that a new patch will be published by Microsoft --- when the publish a new (fixed) patch will it retain the same KB number??

In my case KB4512508 installed and lead to all sorts of issue reboots blue screens --- I had to restore from a back done before

the patch was applied

So fat the system is working OK --- in the mean time I "stopped" updates for 35 days ( its win 10 / pro ) so when the new

patch is published, will "update" try to (re) install KB4512508 and then fix for it?

or will the update process just remove KB4512508 from patches to apply?

:)

fpefpe, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Robert11 Win User

eDellRoot Certificate Problem: Patch Available To Fix It Now ?

Hi,

The Patch you suggested worked well, and fast.
    Sure a lot easier than following 17 steps !

Any idea when the new Patch for the new problem will be available ?

Will it be posted here ? Where ?

Thanks again for all the help,
    Bob

Robert11, Aug 28, 2019
  3. m12lrpv Win User
    Is there an official patch for the TwinUI bug in windows 10?

I've just had this known bug hit my daughters new laptop on Christmas day when it was a gift for her and i'm very annoyed.

I've done a lot of reading and as advised I stupidly ran

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

While that fixed the default apps, it broke the system irreversibly so I consider it to not be good advise to run that.

Basically it prevented system settings being launched from the control panel. It also caused a side by side error trying to execute some programs.

To fix that I ran

sfc /scannow

and

dism Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

and also reinstalled the visual c++ redistributables

Finally I tried a restore point before it would no longer boot.

Now I'm wiping the machine and restarting the many hours of re-installs needed to bring it back to the state it was in before this very well identified bug was encountered.

My issue now is to make sure that the TwinUI bug doesn't happen again and obviously the way to do that is to install the microsoft patch for the issue.

Unfortunately googling the bug brings people to this forum here and to others claiming it can be fixed by performing the steps mentioned above.

What I really need is the Microsoft patch for it. Does anyone have a direct link to that patch?

And why is Windows Bugs not an option for the Windows Topics for this forum?

m12lrpv, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Borg 386 Win User

bug in patch

HP rolls out patch to stop keylogging bug in some laptops

HP rolls out patch to stop keylogging bug in some laptops | PCWorld

Borg 386, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

bug in patch

1. bug in patch - Similar Threads - bug patch

2. Bug in Windows Update catalog about Win Server 2016 Standalone Patch "KB5006669"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug in Windows Update catalog about Win Server 2016 Standalone Patch "KB5006669": In Microsoft Update Catalog there is a Bug related to the patch KB5006669 for Win server 2016. Although, the link is available for server 2016 but when try to download it the .msu file behind the link is for Win 10 not for Serever 2016. As mentioned in enclosed picture....
  3. Bug in Windows Update catalog about Win Server 2016 Standalone Patch "KB5006669"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug in Windows Update catalog about Win Server 2016 Standalone Patch "KB5006669": In Microsoft Update Catalog there is a Bug related to the patch KB5006669 for Win server 2016. Although, the link is available for server 2016 but when try to download it the .msu file behind the link is for Win 10 not for Serever 2016. As mentioned in enclosed picture....
  4. Request feature in Windows 10 to increase fix bug in patch update more than 2000 point in 1...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request feature in Windows 10 to increase fix bug in patch update more than 2000 point in 1...: Request feature in Windows 10 to increase fix bug in patch update more than 2000 point in 1 patch reference link to increase fix bug in patch update more than 2000 point in 1 patch -...
  5. Request feature in Windows 10 to increase fix bug in patch update more than 2000 point in 1...

Request feature in Windows 10 to increase fix bug in patch update more than 2000 point in 1...: Request feature in Windows 10 to increase fix bug in patch update more than 2000 point in 1 patch reference link to increase fix bug in patch update more than 2000 point in 1 patch -...
  6. Request feature in Windows 10 to increase fix bug in patch update more than 2000 point in 1...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Microsoft have released a patch for the Snipping Tool bug in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft have released a patch for the Snipping Tool bug in Windows 11: Microsoft have released a patch forth Snipping Tool bug in Windows 11KB5008295 Check the updates page in your settings app for that, if it does not appear, you can download the offline installer from the Microsoft Catalog page, the version you need is the X64bit version, not...
  8. Microsoft have released a patch for the Snipping Tool bug in Windows 11

Microsoft have released a patch for the Snipping Tool bug in Windows 11: Microsoft have released a patch forth Snipping Tool bug in Windows 11KB5008295 Check the updates page in your settings app for that, if it does not appear, you can download the offline installer from the Microsoft Catalog page, the version you need is the X64bit version, not...
  9. Windows 10 patch improves dark mode, fixes potential data loss bug

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 patch improves dark mode, fixes potential data loss bug: Windows 10 comes with a built-in dark mode, but it has a weird hybrid dark mode bug that brings in elements from both the dark mode and the light mode, which creates something that can look a bit wonky. This problem is noticeable when you right-click on a file and the...
  10. Install Latest Chrome Update to Patch 0-Day Bug Under Active Attacks

in Windows 10 News
    Install Latest Chrome Update to Patch 0-Day Bug Under Active Attacks: Google yesterday released a new critical software update for its Chrome web browser for desktops that will be rolled out to Windows, Mac, and Linux users over the next few days. The latest Chrome 80.0.3987.122 includes security fixes for three new vulnerabilities, all of...