Windows 10: Bug in Powershell ConfigurationManager module for Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet

Discus and support Bug in Powershell ConfigurationManager module for Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I run the Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet I get the following message;Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus : Operation could not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Deploy4Sure, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Bug in Powershell ConfigurationManager module for Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet

When I run the Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet I get the following message;Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus : Operation could not complete because the currently connected account does not have the required security rights to perform this operation.I have the Full Administrator roleI can run Get-CMPackageDeployment -DeploymentId "XX12008C" Get-CMPackageDeploymentStatusandGet-CMApplicationDeployment -DeploymentId "{9462...43F34}" Get

:)

Deploy4Sure, Mar 24, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft releases Secret Management Preview 2 module for PowerShell

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/power...iew-2-release/

Brink, Mar 24, 2022
  3. PowerShell cmdlet to manage audio devices

Hi,

I would love to see even more PowerShell cmdlets that let you manage the native settings in Windows 10.

I have two topics I would appreciate if someone from Microsoft could shed some light on

• Is there a long term goal to release PowerShell cmdlets for all settings you can configure in the Windows 10 GUI/Control panel?
    • It would be great to get native PowerShell cmdlet to managing audio/recording devices. To be able to select/change the default playback and recording devices could be of big help in an enterprise environment. One example could be to make sure the correct
      speaker and mic are selected when running a video conference system based on Windows 10.

Are the above topics something that are planned for future Windows 10 releases?

Regards Erik

* Moved from Insider *

Erik Droszcz, Mar 24, 2022
  4. NReilingh Win User

Bug in Powershell ConfigurationManager module for Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet

PowerShell SqlServer module only imports functions and aliases, but no cmdlets

I am trying to use the SqlServer PowerShell module, available on the PowerShell Gallery.

After installing, either to -Scope CurrentUser or in an admin session, doing Import-Module SqlServer only results in three commands being imported into the session:

This is in spite of the fact that doing (Get-Module -Name SqlServer -ListAvailable)[0].ExportedCommands.Values lists out all of the commands that are supposed to be included:

I tried installing an older version of the SqlServer module, as well as tried a different user account on my machine. Lots of reboots, new PS sessions, etc. Running Import-Module in verbose/debug mode doesn't throw any errors, it just imports only the function and aliases; none of the Cmdlets. The problem factor seems to be this particular Windows system, which is Windows 10 Pro 1803.

It is also worth noting that I'm only trying to use this module because the sqlps module that comes installed with SQL Server Management Studio stopped working on this machine. I don't know why that was the case; my guess was relating to a Windows or SSMS update, but in order to get to the point here where at least the SqlServer module installs without errors and warnings about clobbering, I removed that module from my $PSModulePath. Something else that broke seemingly at the same time was that my WSMan TrustedHosts list was reset (to blank), causing issues with PowerShell remoting that I had solved previously (this machine is not domain-joined).

How in the heck do I troubleshoot this?

NReilingh, Mar 24, 2022
Thema:

Bug in Powershell ConfigurationManager module for Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet

1. Bug in Powershell ConfigurationManager module for Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet - Similar Threads - Bug Powershell ConfigurationManager

2. Getting error that gwmi is not recognised as a name of a cmdlet in powershell 7 windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting error that gwmi is not recognised as a name of a cmdlet in powershell 7 windows 11: This is on my Windows 11 Laptop on powershell 7. Using this command since I need to do this for some troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-error-that-gwmi-is-not-recognised-as-a/2b01f763-c109-4757-b992-e5b281472367
  3. Bug in Powershell ConfigurationManager module for Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug in Powershell ConfigurationManager module for Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet: When I run the Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet I get the following message;Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus : Operation could not complete because the currently connected account does not have the required security rights to perform this operation.I have the...
  4. powershell cmdlet for system properties performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    powershell cmdlet for system properties performance: Hello is there powershell cmdlet performance in system properties to like edit it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-cmdlet-for-system-properties/6f0614e0-6d91-4a3f-bf19-e6ecc8e61c16
  5. PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...: HI, I am trying to install a powershellmodule and getting the below error message. install-module : The term 'install-module' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included,...
  6. Why do signed PowerShell cmdlets run slower than unsigned cmdlets on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Why do signed PowerShell cmdlets run slower than unsigned cmdlets on Windows 10?: [ATTACH]A cmdlet is a lightweight command that is used in the Windows PowerShell environment. The Windows PowerShell runtime invokes these cmdlets within the context of […] This article Why do signed PowerShell cmdlets run slower than unsigned cmdlets on Windows 10? first...
  7. Get-WindowsErrorReporting cmdlet crashes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Get-WindowsErrorReporting cmdlet crashes: I wanted to see if I had Windows Error Reporting enabled so I followed the instructions here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/windowserrorreporting/get-windowserrorreporting?view=win10-ps The applet crashes! C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-WindowsErrorReporting...
  8. bug in powershell module Convert*-Json

bug in powershell module Convert*-Json: Hi all, The date property goes one day back when I convert it to Json and directly convert it back. Get-Date | Select-Object -Property * DateTime : monday 18 february 2019 09:45:59 Date : 18-2-2019 00:00:00 Get-Date | Select-Object -Property * |...
  9. WINDOWS POWERSHELL ALL THE GET-CMDLETS FOR WINDOWS 10 CLIENTS

WINDOWS POWERSHELL ALL THE GET-CMDLETS FOR WINDOWS 10 CLIENTS: Today i am sharing commands like GET-ADDDOMAIN only for windows powershell cmdlets Some commands are suitable for windows clients os Some commands are suitable for windows server os some get cmdlets needs put more parameters , but i dont know full parameters , so i...
  10. No PowerShell cmdlets recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    No PowerShell cmdlets recognized: Running powershell as Administrator or running the ISE as Administrator (which shows Admin at top of one of the two images) isn't returning what I am expecting for looking at tasks scheduled. Any idea what's up with the output in the images? I was running Windows 7 Home...