Windows 10: Bug in Windows 7/10 explorer (not IE)

Discus and support Bug in Windows 7/10 explorer (not IE) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Bad action of the "Paste" context menu item. 1) Copy and paste any *.exe file. 2) Click the context menu on any *.exe file 3) Choose "Paste" menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GennadyVolozhanin, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Bug in Windows 7/10 explorer (not IE)

Bad action of the "Paste" context menu item.

1) Copy and paste any *.exe file.

2) Click the context menu on any *.exe file

3) Choose "Paste" menu item

4) The program you clicked on starts

:)

GennadyVolozhanin, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 18, 2018
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Bug in Windows 7/10 explorer (not IE) wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Bug in Windows 7/10 explorer (not IE)

Internet Explorer 7 vulnerable to a 'spoofing bug'.

Whenever Internet Explorer 7 encounters a suspected forged website, or something that might contain a phishing scam, it alerts the user through the information bar. In Internet Explorer 6, the information bar overlapped whatever browsing window the user has open. In Internet Explorer 7, there is a potential flaw that would let an attacker hide the information bar, leaving users clueless when they come upon a possibly forged website. Microsoft says that it knows of no website that performs such a trick, and when Internet Explorer 7 encounters a known forgery, it doesn't load the page at all.

Bug in Windows 7/10 explorer (not IE) secuniaIE7512x397_thm.jpg

Source: CNET

zekrahminator, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Bug in Windows 7/10 explorer (not IE)

1. Bug in Windows 7/10 explorer (not IE) - Similar Threads - Bug explorer

2. Settings won’t open, computer resets and windows explorer is bugged.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings won’t open, computer resets and windows explorer is bugged.: Sometimes when I log into my computer the desktop will kind of flash and reset, as if it’s trying to open a program or something. It makes it unusable until I go into task manager and end the windows explorer task. But once I do that my screen goes black and I can’t do...
  3. Settings won’t open, computer resets and windows explorer is bugged.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings won’t open, computer resets and windows explorer is bugged.: Sometimes when I log into my computer the desktop will kind of flash and reset, as if it’s trying to open a program or something. It makes it unusable until I go into task manager and end the windows explorer task. But once I do that my screen goes black and I can’t do...
  4. Black Font Color in File Explorer and other places and other weird visual bugs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Font Color in File Explorer and other places and other weird visual bugs: Hey, few weeks ago this all started happening so right now restoring point or figuring out what caused it gonna be problematic.Right now I realized that when I'm taking screenshot everything looks normal, so every attached photo is made using phone. also this I couldn't...
  5. Black Font Color in File Explorer and other places and other weird visual bugs

Black Font Color in File Explorer and other places and other weird visual bugs: Hey, few weeks ago this all started happening so right now restoring point or figuring out what caused it gonna be problematic.Right now I realized that when I'm taking screenshot everything looks normal, so every attached photo is made using phone. also this I couldn't...
  6. WIndows Explorer - Search Bar BUG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows Explorer - Search Bar BUG: The Windows Explorer search bar exhibits a design flaw where folder names longer than the available space are truncated, leading to a poor user experience. Instead of displaying the full folder name, it should prioritize clarity and usability by simply showing "Search" in the...
  7. WIndows Explorer - Search Bar BUG

WIndows Explorer - Search Bar BUG: The Windows Explorer search bar exhibits a design flaw where folder names longer than the available space are truncated, leading to a poor user experience. Instead of displaying the full folder name, it should prioritize clarity and usability by simply showing "Search" in the...
  8. Windows 11 File Explorer Tabs Buttons Bug? *SOLVED*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer Tabs Buttons Bug? *SOLVED*: Is this a bug? If the file explorer is small or if I maximize it and add enough tabs to fill the space then the tabs start buggin out. I cant exit the last tab or add more tabs with the plus button. The minimize button overtakes the space and it minimizes the folder instead...
  9. Windows 11 File Explorer Tabs Buttons Bug? *SOLVED*

Windows 11 File Explorer Tabs Buttons Bug? *SOLVED*: Is this a bug? If the file explorer is small or if I maximize it and add enough tabs to fill the space then the tabs start buggin out. I cant exit the last tab or add more tabs with the plus button. The minimize button overtakes the space and it minimizes the folder instead...
  10. Windows 11 File Explorer Tabs Buttons Bug?

Windows 11 File Explorer Tabs Buttons Bug?: Is this a bug? If the file explorer is small or if I maximize it and add enough tabs to fill the space then the tabs start buggin out. I cant exit the last tab or add more tabs with the plus button. The minimize button overtakes the space and it minimizes the folder instead...