Windows 10: Bug: maximize vertically sends window to primary screen

Discus and support Bug: maximize vertically sends window to primary screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When you doubleclick on the top edge of a window, it will maximize vertically, while retaining the same width. This pretty cool to have on ultrawide... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thanatica, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Thanatica Win User

Bug: maximize vertically sends window to primary screen

When you doubleclick on the top edge of a window, it will maximize vertically, while retaining the same width. This pretty cool to have on ultrawide monitors.

When doing this on a secondary screen, Windows will send the window back to the primary monitor, which is unexpected and undesirable. It will even reduce or increase the width to accommodate that screen having a different size, which makes this bug even worse.

In my case, the secondary screen is ABOVE the primary, but I suspect that it doesn't change anything.

Microsoft, can you please fix this?

I would expect a window, where the top edge is doubleclicked, to remain on the same screen.

:)

Thanatica, Oct 2, 2019
  2. mcclure56 Win User

Vertical task bar moves non-maximized windows partly off the screen

I use a VERTICAL TASK BAR on the left side of my screen. When I open new windows that are NOT MAXIMIZED, they open on the right side of the screen, which is fine.
    But they are actually TOO FAR to the right, i.e. OFF THE SCREEN by about (or exactly?) the width of the task bar.

This is a continual pain, because EVERY time I open a program, I have to use the mouse to move it back onto the screen.

I assume this is a bug. Are you interested, Microsoft? It should take about 5 minutes to fix. It seems that the programmers simply forgot to change the dimensions of the usable desktop when a
    vertical task bar is being used.

BTW, programs which open MAXIMIZED do not suffer from this problem.

Thanks for listening.

mcclure56, Oct 2, 2019
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Oct 2, 2019
  4. johnhoh Win User

Dragging maximized window to lower monitor loses maxmization

My two monitors are mounted vertically, A on the top, B on the bottom. When I drag a maximized window from B to A, it auto-maximizes on A if I release the drag right at the top of the monitor due to SNAP's "arrange windows automatically when dragged to top of screen". But there seems to be NO WAY to drag a maximized window from A to B. It loses its maximized state no matter what. I fear this inability is a feature not a bug! Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

johnhoh, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Bug: maximize vertically sends window to primary screen - Similar Threads - Bug maximize vertically

2. Wrong vertical resolution on maximized windows after display resolution change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong vertical resolution on maximized windows after display resolution change: Hi! I recently bought a new 4k display and my scaling is set to 200%. As previously, my scaling is performed on GPU that's how it was always set in Nvidia Control Panel for best image quality. So each time i launch a full screen game which runs a lower resolution for example...
  3. Reverse maximize window vertically (WIN+SHIFT+UP)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reverse maximize window vertically (WIN+SHIFT+UP): So if i maximize a window vertically by pressing WIN+SHIFT+UP, is there really no way to revert the window back to the orginial position/size? If i press WIN+SHIFT+DOWN it gets minimized instead. Its really annoying. https://streamable.com/c64ee4 submitted by /u/Snoo52211...
  4. How can I limit the vertical maximize of windows to a single screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I limit the vertical maximize of windows to a single screen?: Hi I have a multiple monitor setup with a monitor on top of another.When I do a vertical maximize double click at the top of a window with the cursor as a resize double arrow, the window will span both monitors. I really just want it to vertically maximize in the current...
  5. How can I limit the vertical maximize of windows to a single screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I limit the vertical maximize of windows to a single screen?: Hi I have a multiple monitor setup with a monitor on top of another.When I do a vertical maximize double click at the top of a window with the cursor as a resize double arrow, the window will span both monitors. I really just want it to vertically maximize in the current...
  6. How can I limit the vertical maximize of windows to a single screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to Disable Double-Click to Maximize Windows Vertically in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to Disable Double-Click to Maximize Windows Vertically in Windows: In Windows, you can maximize a window vertically by performing one of the following actions: While the window is active, press the Shift + Windows + Up arrow keys to maximize the window vertically, and press the Shift + Windows + Down arrow keys to restore/minimize the...
  8. Windows 10 Maximize bug

Windows 10 Maximize bug: [IMG] What on earth is this silly bug? I can't get my Mail app to fully maximize anymore. Bug submitted by /u/amihail [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jznjgu/windows_10_maximize_bug/
  9. Taskbar on top bug with maximized browsers windows

Taskbar on top bug with maximized browsers windows: [IMG] Hi guys, I really like using a transparent top taskbar and I've just noticed that browser windows (based on Chromium or Mozzilla), once maximized, add an additional border to the top causing this annoying situation where the app seems to continue under the taskbar....
  10. Vertical task bar moves non-maximized windows partly off the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vertical task bar moves non-maximized windows partly off the screen: I use a VERTICAL TASK BAR on the left side of my screen. When I open new windows that are NOT MAXIMIZED, they open on the right side of the screen, which is fine. But they are actually TOO FAR to the right, i.e. OFF THE SCREEN by about (or exactly?) the width of the task bar....