Windows 10: [BUG] Media keys not working for Itunes?

Discus and support [BUG] Media keys not working for Itunes? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically, my media keys on my keyboard (Corsair K95 platinum) have suddenly stopped pausing/playing/skipping music, for no real reason as far as I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GOT_YOINKED, Mar 23, 2020.

1. [BUG] Media keys not working for Itunes?

Basically, my media keys on my keyboard (Corsair K95 platinum) have suddenly stopped pausing/playing/skipping music, for no real reason as far as I can tell. I've had similar issues in the past on different PCs, but don't remember the solution. Any help is appreciated [BUG] Media keys not working for Itunes? :)

submitted by /u/GOT_YOINKED
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GOT_YOINKED, Mar 23, 2020
  2. RickC Win User

iTunes won't connect to my iTunes Media directory

1. Uninstall iTunes completely. (I suggest using Geek Uninstaller. In my experience this does a good job of clearing remnants.)
    2. Download and install latest iTunes from Apple, not Windows Store (Never use the Windows Store for iTunes.)
    3. Check whether the Apple version allows you to point to your old media store.

Hope this helps...

RickC, Mar 23, 2020
  3. windows 10 media player 12 stopped working

Hi Paul,

I suggest you to sync iTunes with Windows Media Player and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to sync iTunes with Windows Media Player

• Double-click on the Windows Media Player icon.
    • Right-click inside the toolbar at the top of Windows Media Player. Click "File" and "Manage Libraries."
    • Right-click inside the toolbar at the top of Windows Media Player. Click "File" and "Manage Libraries."
    • Click "Add." Add the library where your iTunes music is stored to Windows Media Player. This is the directory that was selected when iTunes was initially installed. Click "OK." iTunes and Windows Media Player will be synced.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Mar 23, 2020
  4. [BUG] Media keys not working for Itunes?

Re. Windows 10 - iTunes Won't Play Songs & External Speakers Don't Work

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the ITunes in Compatibility mode and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the ITunes:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Programs and Features.
    • Right-click on the ITunes program and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download ITunes the website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install ITunes in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the ITunes setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for
      “and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the sound issue.

Method 1

Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2

Step 1: Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Step 2: Remove and reinstall all USB controllers:

To remove and reinstall all USB controllers, follow these steps:

We can uninstall the drivers from the Device Manager Utility in Windows 8.1. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click
      Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    • Restart the computer to install the drivers
      automatically.
    • Plug in the head phones, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, sound and USB drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

[BUG] Media keys not working for Itunes?

1. [BUG] Media keys not working for Itunes? - Similar Threads - BUG Media keys

2. ITunes not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ITunes not working: I installed iTunes in my W10 pc (with the latest update) to enable me to transfer music (mp3 tracks) to my iPhone 7 at first this seemed to work fine. I connected the phone via usb and it showed up in iTunes as expected and I was able to drag and drop a few tracks across....
  3. Media Keys not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Keys not working: Hello! I've looked everywhere and found no working solution for this. I have Three Items that have media keys: Mouse, Keyboard, and stream deck. Pause/Play/Skip etc work fine, but the volume keys do not work at all. The Little box in the top left corner does show up, and...
  4. Getting Media Keys to Work in iTunes when iTunes is Minimized

Getting Media Keys to Work in iTunes when iTunes is Minimized: There you go, anybody have a clue how to make this work? PS: If you're having trouble getting the media keys to work in iTunes even when iTunes is maximized, you need to delete the Google Play Music Chrome extension, that fixes one problem, but the issue of the keys not...
  5. Media Keys not working entirely.

Media Keys not working entirely.: I have a Logitech G510S keyboard, and the media keys have limited functionality. The fast-forward and previous song buttons work fine, but the Stop and Pause buttons don't Stop or Pause the current media. They instead bring up the little rectangle that indicates what is...
  6. Media and FN keys not working

Media and FN keys not working: I'm using an Apple wireless keyboard on Windows 10 without any third party software or the bootcamp driver installed and have been using the keyboard fine with media and FN key functioning as normal (volume changing windows system volume, media keys controlling current media...
  7. Windows 10 media key notification graphic bug

Windows 10 media key notification graphic bug: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Keltere [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fa91fr/windows_10_media_key_notification_graphic_bug/
  8. Windows multi media keys bugged

Windows multi media keys bugged: I am having a problem with programs like windows media player and spotify. every time i use them the multimedia key overlay pops up and automatically goes back to the first song/video in the playlist. on spotify it even keeps playing the first second of the track. it's like...
  9. iTunes won't connect to my iTunes Media directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iTunes won't connect to my iTunes Media directory: Really could use some help here. I have been running iTunes for Windows for years now. Never had a problem with an iTunes update. Just before I upgraded from W7 to W10 (12/9), I upgraded iTunes from 12.10.0.7 to 12.10.2.3. Instead of maintaining my iTunes Media directory...
  10. Fn key/media keys not working

Fn key/media keys not working: Hi community, Problem: I have a problem with my dell laptop's ( G5 5590) Fn key. Description: My Fn key does not work sometimes. After a restart or a boot it works fine but after waking from sleep it doesn't. Why I think it's a software issue: I went through...