Windows 10: (bug) My external sata drives is causing irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD

Discus and support (bug) My external sata drives is causing irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Disconnecting the drives allows the computer to boot normally. The last thing I did with the drive was install and play modern warfare and then shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/8Aeron, Mar 24, 2020.

1. /u/8Aeron Win User

(bug) My external sata drives is causing irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD

Disconnecting the drives allows the computer to boot normally. The last thing I did with the drive was install and play modern warfare and then shut off the PC. Plugging in the drives with hotplug enabled causes the PC to bsod in any windows state (safemode, recovery). The drives were set up as windows storage spaces but even only trying to boot up one of the drives causes windows to BSOD.

submitted by /u/8Aeron
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/8Aeron, Mar 24, 2020
  2. JoeNamco Win User

SATA internal HDD and external SATA HDD

using a USB makes it a external drive to the system. suggest that you do some research on USB vs SATA.

JoeNamco, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal crashes

Bug check 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is usually caused by kernel mode device drivers using improper addresses.

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about Bug check 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL for more information and resolution.

Hope it helps. Let us know how it goes.

Remon Ont, Mar 24, 2020
  4. (bug) My external sata drives is causing irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD

External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

(bug) My external sata drives is causing irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD

1. (bug) My external sata drives is causing irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD - Similar Threads - bug external sata

2. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe: Hello, I have been encountering BSOD for about 3 days now. I have done the best I could but the problem persists. I am now reaching out for help to the community. Here are all the tests/actions that I have performed this far: 1) Memtest - Ran 8 passes. Passed 2) SFC...
  3. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe: Hello, I have been encountering BSOD for about 3 days now. I have done the best I could but the problem persists. I am now reaching out for help to the community. Here are all the tests/actions that I have performed this far: 1 Memtest - Ran 8 passes. Passed 2 SFC...
  4. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Version: Windows 10 20H2 OS Build 19042.746 Link: RYZEN-DESKTOP-(2021-01-31_11-39-34).zip - Google Drive 173369
  5. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Hi everyone, I've been trying to do almost every solution on the internet about this problem. But even after I reset my pc completely, my pc still crash with the same problem. Can anyone help me about this? Here's my dmp files link :...
  6. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Hi everyone, I've been trying to do almost every solution on the internet about this problem. But even after I reset my pc completely, my pc still crash with the same problem. Can anyone help me about this? Here's my dmp files link :...
  7. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Hey, this has really been causing me a great trouble can you help me with that.... Here is my driver report through driverview_x64. https://filebin.net/wk4sozkntmr6a6r6 Can you help me as soon as possible?...
  8. external SATA drive

external SATA drive: My win 10 cannot recognise my Prestigio external SATA drive when it previously can. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-sata-drive/5c2030a1-97ce-48d4-9f12-dc4980914ebf
  9. Help - BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by usbccgp.sys.

Help - BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by usbccgp.sys.: My computer has recently been having several software issues - most recently, I have experienced a BSOD (description in title). Most advice regarding issues like this states that I should replace this driver. How do I do so? P.S. WinDbg of the BSOD: Microsoft (R) Windows...
  10. BSOD Caused by hal.dll, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD Caused by hal.dll, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hey everyone, So, I have recently purchased a Custom built gaming PC locally and everything has been fine, except for the consistent BSODs. I've fixed some of the major ones that I have always encountered; (Bad Object Header, Faulty Hardware Page, Kernel Security Check...