Windows 10: Bug: Narrator ignores ARIA `role="application"`

Discus and support Bug: Narrator ignores ARIA `role="application"` in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; There are many use cases for the ARIA role="application", such as in maps or charts to allow for panning with a keyboard whilst using a screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lindr, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Lindr Win User

Bug: Narrator ignores ARIA `role="application"`

There are many use cases for the ARIA role="application", such as in maps or charts to allow for panning with a keyboard whilst using a screen reader.Repro steps:1. Go to https://maps4html.org/experiments/screenreader/restaurants/ with Narrator enabled2. Tab until the map is focused3. Use the arrow keys to pan the map Expectation:Map should pan.Result:Map does not pan.This works in NVDA and JAWS.

:)

Lindr, Dec 3, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Are there any other voices for Narrator in the Ease of Access in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type narrator in the search bar and press enter.

• Click on voices

• And select find other voices that work with Narrator.
    Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Dec 3, 2021
  3. On Win7 With Chrome Browsers : Narrator Tool is not reading any a11y attributes of components.

Hi,

I am working on a11y for all html components in our projects.

We are using aria-label, alt, title, aria-selected, etc ARIA attributes for accessibility.

But narrator is not reading any components of chrome browser.

Narrator reading with following:

-Win 10 Chrome browser

-Win 10 IE11 browser

-Win 10 Edge browser

-Win 7 IE11

Narrator is not reading following:

-Win7 Chrome browser

Configuration:

Browser: Chrome v 83.0.4103.116

Narrator: MS v 6.1

Thanks,

Prashant

Prashant Mishra (prashant.mishra), Dec 3, 2021
  4. Bug: Narrator ignores ARIA `role="application"`

narrator

Hi,

To isolate the concern, please answer the following questions:

• Which version of operating system (OS) build is currently installed on your phone?
    • How long you've been having this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot showing the icon or tiles that is circle while the Narrator is turn on and turn off?

For your reference, you may visit this link on how to use Narrator on Windows Mobile.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Dennis Zac, Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

Bug: Narrator ignores ARIA `role="application"`

1. Bug: Narrator ignores ARIA `role="application"` - Similar Threads - Bug Narrator ignores

2. Windows Narrator, enter event gets swallowed on element with role="tab"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Narrator, enter event gets swallowed on element with role="tab": Hi,I'm having issue with Windows Narrator when implementing accessibility with role="tab'. Keyboard navigation works with screen reader turned off, however once it is turned on, keyboard event are swallowed, and are not converted to click events as expected.It can be tested...
  3. Com+ applications roles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Com+ applications roles: I remove some roles from within management console of com+ application, now I cannot use that console to put them back. Says "You do not have permission to perform the requested action" that is when I click on Com+ application category under my computer. There's a registry...
  4. Com+ applications roles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Com+ applications roles: I remove some roles from within management console of com+ application, now I cannot use that console to put them back. Says "You do not have permission to perform the requested action" that is when I click on Com+ application category under my computer. There's a registry...
  5. Com+ applications roles

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows Narrator does not support automatic switching in/out of scan mode for ARIA...

Windows Narrator does not support automatic switching in/out of scan mode for ARIA...: Unlike other Windows screen readers NVDA & JAWS, Narrator does not appear to mode switch between its scan/browse mode and its "scan mode off"/pass-through/forms mode. Many of the ARIA Authoring Practices composite widgets tree, grid, tablist, listbox, or the global...
  7. How to install Application Initialization Role

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Application Initialization Role: I am trying to install the Application Initialization role on server 2019 standard version 1809. I already have the Web Server IIS feature installed and 15/43 of those features under it are installed. When I try to just add the Application Initialization role, I get a...
  8. How to install Application Initialization Role

How to install Application Initialization Role: I am trying to install the Application Initialization role on server 2019 standard version 1809. I already have the Web Server IIS feature installed and 15/43 of those features under it are installed. When I try to just add the Application Initialization role, I get a...
  9. Bug: Narrator ignores ARIA `role="application"`

Bug: Narrator ignores ARIA `role="application"`: There are many use cases for the ARIA role="application", such as in maps or charts to allow for panning with a keyboard whilst using a screen reader.Repro steps:1. Go to https://maps4html.org/experiments/screenreader/restaurants/ with Narrator enabled2. Tab until the map is...
  10. aria debug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    aria debug: These keep showing up but I have no clue as from where or why? 2019-03-12 07:47:39.675|00009452| C:\build\aria-cpp-v1\clienttelemetry\src\LogManagerImpl.cpp(626): class Microsoft::Applications::Telemetry::ILogger *__thiscall...