Windows 10: Bug on "Use cellular instead of Wi-Fi"

Discus and support Bug on "Use cellular instead of Wi-Fi" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I'm having a problem with this feature. If the feature is set to "Always" after turning on and off the Airplane mode causes to windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TEVFIK CAGRI DURAL, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Bug on "Use cellular instead of Wi-Fi"

Hello all,

I'm having a problem with this feature. If the feature is set to "Always" after turning on and off the Airplane mode causes to windows loose the cellular hardware.

Details:

Version: 1909

OS build: 18363.535

Device: EM7305

Driver Date: 9/23/2019

Driver Version: 10.0.18362.387

Does anyone have any idea what can cause this?

Thanks in advance.

:)

TEVFIK CAGRI DURAL, Dec 23, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Is Apple responsible for data charges caused by its Wi-Fi feature

You might need to re-calculate your figures: because, I can tell you from experience the lawyer's take 35% to 45% of the total, in no fee schedule cases, like class action lawsuits.

They shouldn't use the WiFi Assist when streaming and a few other reasons; quote from Apple's site:

Spoiler
    I don't like Apple. With that said.
    Opinion, here and below.
    I don't believe the lawsuit has any merit.
    What was Apple to gain by this... nothing, it was/is a feature of convenience for the consumer.
    The user of any consumer goods/devices, from chewing gum to fusion reactors, should be aware of the operating instructions and proper use of the devices in their possession.
    You (the public) have a brain use it... if you have a device, understand it's proper use. If that device is updated, read and understand the update and investigate/learn about any changes.
    Ask, if you don't know or understand.
    Don't be blaming others for your lack of understanding, or, not asking.

I, actually, blame the user for laziness, in not finding out what is involved in using or upgrading to the OS, in this case or any other case as this.

Heck, the one they should be bitching at is the ones who are profiting from this... the DATA PROVIDERS.
    I bet you a dime they knew all about this.

95Viper, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Dave1310 Win User

Bug on "Use cellular instead of Wi-Fi"

Force Nokia 1520 to download from Wi-Fi instead of Dell.

Nokia 1520 with latest win10 upgrade. I'm trying to download a program, 54Mb, from Amazon. The download keeps getting interrupted. Cellular signal at this location is spotty. Wi-fi great, all bars show.

For some reason Edge is downloading via cell instead of Wi-FI. I know this because my carrier's data usage monitor keeps incrementing by the amount the downloader says was downloaded before interruption.

How can I set windows, edge or the phone to use Wi-Fi for downloads instead of my cellular service when both are present?

Dave1310, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Bug on "Use cellular instead of Wi-Fi"

1. Bug on "Use cellular instead of Wi-Fi" - Similar Threads - Bug cellular instead

2. wi-fi wi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wi-fi wi: I just want to use the wi-fi on my second computer without a cable. my computer uses windows 10 and it keep saying fix the cable! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-wi/fabd5a5d-b3b2-4ae1-8f34-3c5b98d4e10f
  3. wi-fi wi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wi-fi wi: I just want to use the wi-fi on my second computer without a cable. my computer uses windows 10 and it keep saying fix the cable! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-wi/fabd5a5d-b3b2-4ae1-8f34-3c5b98d4e10f
  4. wi-fi wi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My computer is making me use Ethernet instead of connecting to WI-FI

My computer is making me use Ethernet instead of connecting to WI-FI: Hi. When I try to connect to my WIFI, my computer shows no networks. When I go into the settings, it shows that I can only use an Ethernet cable. My wifi works perfectly on the laptop I am using to write this, my phone, my smart tv, everything. I even tried to reset my...
  6. Can't find any Wi-Fi network, shows a sphere instead of usual Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find any Wi-Fi network, shows a sphere instead of usual Wi-Fi: [ATTACH] Hi, recently I've been getting this icon and my laptop cannot find any network, and it shows this sphere icon thing instead of the usual Wi-Fi icon. This happens quite often right after booting up my laptop. It also happens often where I can initially connect on...
  7. PC will not connect to wi-fi; connects to cellular hotspot

PC will not connect to wi-fi; connects to cellular hotspot: After a power outage last night, suddenly my pc no longer gets an internet connection through our wi-fi. It will connect to the network, but does not have internet access. Every other device in the house connects just fine, and my pc will connect to my cellular hotspot...
  8. problems at using wi-fi

problems at using wi-fi: well hi there, the thing is that, I just finished building my own computer some weeks ago, so I downloaded all the drivers, actualized my bios and that stuff, but I still have problems with the wi-fi. where my computer is, there is good conection to internet, like, when I do...
  9. Using powerlines for Wi-fi extending

Using powerlines for Wi-fi extending: I am looking at TP-Link TL-WPA8730KIT, but need another extender, d-link tell me I can use ANY extender, does this mean the Wi-fi strength and protocol (801-ac) resides only in the sender unit and it doesn’t matter which extender you use the Wi-fi will be as strong as the...
  10. Data cannot go through cellular when Wi-Fi connected.

Data cannot go through cellular when Wi-Fi connected.: Hi, I'm a Surface Pro with LTE user. I want to use both cellular and Wi-Fi simultaneously. But I cannot. I found in "View you network properties", cellular and Wi-Fi both got the IP address, but cellular "Connectivity(IPv4/IPv6): disconnected" while Wi-Fi is connected. My...