Windows 10: Bug : Pinned apps gone

Discus and support Bug : Pinned apps gone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AshishKumar1396 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/emdirp/bug_pinned_apps_gone/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AshishKumar1396, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Bug : Pinned apps gone

/u/AshishKumar1396, Jan 9, 2020

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Bug : Pinned apps gone

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Bug : Pinned apps gone

1. Bug : Pinned apps gone - Similar Threads - Bug Pinned apps

2. Incorrect PIN bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect PIN bug: Hi There, I am a Windows 11 User and this afternoon I restarted my computer, and when I clicked on the lock screen it told me I entered the wrong PIN too many times, and I needed to type the usual A1B2C3, even though I didn't enter the wrong PIN.I restarted again just to make...
  3. Pinned apps gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned apps gone: I have apps pinned in my taskbar but I cant see them at all. When you put the mouse in the taskbar you can see the name of the app indicating that it is there but the icon is missing. You can also click the app and it will open without problem. I restart the PC and still no...
  4. Pinned apps gone

Pinned apps gone: I have apps pinned in my taskbar but I cant see them at all. When you put the mouse in the taskbar you can see the name of the app indicating that it is there but the icon is missing. You can also click the app and it will open without problem. I restart the PC and still no...
  5. Pinned apps gone

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Taskbar gone bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar gone bug: I have a laptop and I conected a monitor and made if i close the laptops screen it will not go to sleep. But the next day all was working but the taskbar was gone and reapered but now the stuff on my taskbar is gone. If I have program runing it will not be on the taskbar...
  7. Taskbar gone bug

Taskbar gone bug: I have a laptop and I conected a monitor and made if i close the laptops screen it will not go to sleep. But the next day all was working but the taskbar was gone and reapered but now the stuff on my taskbar is gone. If I have program runing it will not be on the taskbar...
  8. Pin sign in is gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin sign in is gone: The option to use the PIN has disappeared. I was able to sign in successfully with my PIN until the last update. Now I can only sign in with my password as the options are not there. How do Isign in with pin only like ive always done? And yes I have pin setup already...
  9. PIN option is gone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN option is gone: I can no longer use a PIN to sign in. When I try I get an endless loop asking for my PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/pin-option-is-gone/9a678a51-63ca-4c11-8225-5f557660da8a"
  10. Pin Keypad Gone

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin Keypad Gone: I use the 4 digit PIN login for Win 10. In the past, I would get the small 10 digit number keypad when I touched the PIN input box on the logon screen. Lately, on all my devices, the small keypad has been replaced by the full on screen keyboard when I touch the PIN input box...