Windows 10: [bug!?!?] problems with mail app and gmail

Discus and support [bug!?!?] problems with mail app and gmail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; i have to preserve mail messages on the server because i help people not too experts and i don't want they accidentally loose something, so... - tried... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pietro, Feb 25, 2016.

1. pietro Win User

[bug!?!?] problems with mail app and gmail

i have to preserve mail messages on the server because i help people not too experts and i don't want they accidentally loose something, so...
    - tried to use pop3, as in live mail, but after a refresh the previously downloaded messages just disappear from mail app
    - tried to use imap configuring gmail to archive messages when deleted... (push notifications don't work, btw)... and messages go in the trash anyway
    bugs?! any help to have it working?!
    thanks

edit: typos

:)

pietro, Feb 25, 2016
  2. SebP45 Win User

Mail and Calendar app: flag not syncing with Gmail

Everything else is syncing perfectly but flags stay local. I have several Win10 devices and Android syncing on my Gmail accounts.

The flags are not converted into a star in Gmail and vice and versa: starred emails in Gmail don't show as flagged in Mail and Calendar.

Other clients are doing this perfectly: eM client, mailbird, touch mail etc...

The only workaround is to move the email into the Starred IMAP folder in Mail and , too slow..

Is this a bug? I really like Mail and Calendar UI, which can adapt from a tablet format to a full desktop format. But without flag syncing with Gmail it can't be productively used.

Bug? Feature? Please help!

SebP45, Feb 25, 2016
  3. birdtims Win User
    Windows 10 Mail App, Gmail and Pdf Attachments

Emails sent with Pdf attachments do not appear with the pdf attachment in the Windows 10 mail app. the email shows but the attachment is missing. This happens for every email picked up from gmail with the default gmail account type and also manual configuration
    of a gmail account. Is this a known issue? Is there anywhere to see a list of bugs for the Mail app?

birdtims, Feb 25, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Hi pietro,

I know the issue that you're describing and I don't think you can set it up to save the emails after they have been deleted from the server, except if you were to archive them. However, you've indicated that's not working out too well.

The one thing I did was to set up another email account for record keeping only, which was sort of a work-around.

I have a second email account set up, where I configured Thunderbird to send BCC of all emails to that account, and I set up the incoming server ( in your case Google) to forward copies of all emails to that account too. So, I am able to retain copies of all of my emails.

The problem is trying to find the ones you need, as the inbox fills up fast. But, at least you have them if need be and the search option helps a bit.

b1rd, Mar 4, 2016
  5. pietro Win User
    after 10 months the bug (or strange behaviour) is still there, unbeliveable.
    btw, finally, i managed to get a workaround doing the job. use

as username when you configure a new mail account into the app. this way the app will retrieve recent mails (30 days) and messages won't disappear anymore...

pietro, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. [bug!?!?] problems with mail app and gmail - Similar Threads - bug problems mail

2. Gmail Account Issues in Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail Account Issues in Mail App: Keep getting 'Attention required' for my gmail pop account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-issues-in-mail-app/c6ddf5ea-d0c2-45cd-a8c7-957d19956c24
  3. gmail not syncing in WIN mail app

gmail not syncing in WIN mail app: Why is my gmail not synching after win 10 recent update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-not-syncing-in-win-mail-app/00e13c91-b152-4506-9066-f15d4713611d
  4. gmail problems with mail for windows

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    gmail problems with mail for windows: I use mail with no problem with my hotmail account. Recently, gmail has been putting sent emails in the spam folder, and now it leaves them stuck in the outbox. This happens on my laptop, while my pc just does the spam trick. I read that it's a mail app problem which...
  5. Gmail is not syncing in mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gmail is not syncing in mail app: I cannot find a way to sync my gmail to my mail app on my new computer. I have tried both letting the app access my calendar and syncing in the gmail sync settings. Is there anything else that I could be missing? Thank you for the help. submitted by /u/petera1134 [link]...
  6. Mail app not loggin to gmail account.

Mail app not loggin to gmail account.: In mail I am unable to open Gmail account as every time Mail is opened its asking to link account, but in Settings - Email & Accounts - account used by email, calendar and contacts my Gmail account is displayed as linked. Pls suggest how to get Mail app working again....
  7. Mail App is not sync with Gmail

Mail App is not sync with Gmail: Hello. Mail app of windows 10 (version 1809) is not sync with gmail or outlook. I Have tried reset it, unintall and reinstaling but issue does not resolve. When I look in Apps & features of mail & calender app, its shows app permission is off for Contact and Email,...
  8. Mail App and Gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail App and Gmail: Hello, when I try to add a Gmail account in Windows 10 Mail App I always get error. [ATTACH] I press "Google" here and then get the following error: [ATTACH] My Internet Connection is not a problem! How can I fix this?...
  9. Mail App and Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App and Gmail: I've always had my gmail account linked to the Windows 10 mail app, however the last update I did the mail app is a complete mess and will not show my gmail messages. I've deleted and relinked the account but it's not linking properly at all. I was able to successfully link a...
  10. Windows Mail/Gmail Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail/Gmail Problem: I did a clean re-install of Windows Creator today. With the previous install, Mail worked fine. I setup 3 gmail accounts and get the same message on all accounts: "Nothing has arrived yet". Tried all the suggestions I could find and nothing has worked. All my setting...