Windows 10: Bug regarding Saved Searches in Windows 10 Home? possibly connected to KB4576478 and/or...

Discus and support Bug regarding Saved Searches in Windows 10 Home? possibly connected to KB4576478 and/or... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; windows 10 Home 2004 19041.508 120.2212.31.0 Cheers! I think I found a bug. I don't know, if I am in the right place to report it? I suspect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HangmanAUT, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Bug regarding Saved Searches in Windows 10 Home? possibly connected to KB4576478 and/or...

windows 10 Home

Cheers!

I think I found a bug. I don't know, if I am in the right place to report it?

I suspect one or both of the following updates KB4576478 and KB4571756

When I uninstalled them, the Error I saw disappeared, but windows update pushed the two updates on my system again.

I Have a WD Elements external USB Drive for my media collection.

I use saved searches to find specific files.

Since these updates I get the following Error message after using the saved search *.ms and clicking on the found media file

... "Directory Name invalid" ...

My own translation from a german version windows

This behavior is repeatable ad nauseam.

If I manually search for something, it goes smoothly as expected, and I can start the file as usual.

Can somebody verify that error? Help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:)

HangmanAUT, Sep 14, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 14, 2020
  3. EarthDog Win User
    Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

When trying to search for a driver on that motherboard, it doesn't say Windows 10 on it. My suggestion would be to get a NIC card of some sort that is known to work with the OS (most).

EarthDog, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Bug regarding Saved Searches in Windows 10 Home? possibly connected to KB4576478 and/or...

KB4576478 Cumulative Update .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 Windows 10 Sept. 8

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-net-framework

Direct download links for KB4576478 MSU file from Microsoft Update Catalog:

Download KB4576478 MSU for Windows 10 v2004 32-bit (x86) - 41.0 MB

Download KB4576478 MSU for Windows 10 v2004 64-bit (x64) - 64.4 MB

Download KB4576478 MSU for Windows 10 v2004 ARM64 - 40.9 MB

Brink, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Bug regarding Saved Searches in Windows 10 Home? possibly connected to KB4576478 and/or...

1. Bug regarding Saved Searches in Windows 10 Home? possibly connected to KB4576478 and/or... - Similar Threads - Bug regarding Saved

2. Bitlocker Possible Bug in Windows 10 HOME on 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Possible Bug in Windows 10 HOME on 1TB HDD: Hello, I have had this issue for a while now. I have the Windows 10 home edition, but still somehow I've got a drive of mine bitlocked. It used to be my main and only drive, so I needed to buy a new drive to run my PC. Since I did not activate Bitlocker, I don't have the keys...
  3. Bitlocker Possible Bug in Windows 10 HOME on 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Possible Bug in Windows 10 HOME on 1TB HDD: Hello, I have had this issue for a while now. I have the Windows 10 home edition, but still somehow I've got a drive of mine bitlocked. It used to be my main and only drive, so I needed to buy a new drive to run my PC. Since I did not activate Bitlocker, I don't have the keys...
  4. Bitlocker Possible Bug in Windows 10 HOME on 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. KB4576478 causing machine not to reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4576478 causing machine not to reboot: Tried twice to apply update on or around August 17th both times the windows 10 failed to restart had to restart manually and Lenova reversed changes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb4576478-causing-machine-not-to-reboot/a0e7469f-77c5-4ae6-8f1b-18826d7b67c1
  6. Windows 10 update KB4571756 and KB4576478 error 0x800f090

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update KB4571756 and KB4576478 error 0x800f090: I keep trying to install this update but every time it gives me this error code, I looked online and tried a few things but it didnt work and I still cant install it, I have sometimes random blue screens of death and everytime I restart my PC its says its looking to search...
  7. Windows 10 Home Search not possible and Start menu crashes.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Home Search not possible and Start menu crashes.: Hello, This is my first post in this forum. I have two problems with my Laptop installed with Windows 10 Home. I recently re installed Windows completely new. After some weeks following issues occurred. - The Cortana search function and the search function...
  8. Question regarding saved searches in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question regarding saved searches in File Explorer: When I perform a search in File Explorer such as the one below, there is a "Search Tools" tab displayed. Then I save the search. ext:.mp4 OR .mov, modified:2/1/2015 .. 2/28/2015 Now when I double click on the saved search, it finds the same files, but there is no "Search...
  9. Windows 10 Bugs - Settings/Search Bar/Saving Images

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Bugs - Settings/Search Bar/Saving Images: Hello there! So, I've been having some problems today. It started happening a few hours ago after restarting my PC. I was doing an update for my anti virus, and when I started using my computer again, it started bugging out. I'm not sure if that's what caused it, or if...
  10. Possible Bug - Search Bar - HELP

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible Bug - Search Bar - HELP: I have a Surface Pro and use a Logitec wireless keyboard and mouse 80% of the time. The system constantly jumps to a search bar by itself and I do not know how to get rid of this. Looking for some help in this matter. Thank you. 60423
Tags: