Windows 10: [Bug Report] Display Freezes and Glitches on Windows 10 20H2 Update

Discus and support [Bug Report] Display Freezes and Glitches on Windows 10 20H2 Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Bug Description I am facing a severe screen freeze and glitch problem on Windows 10 which occurs at randomly and multiple times. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GefiveK, Dec 7, 2020.

1. GefiveK Win User

[Bug Report] Display Freezes and Glitches on Windows 10 20H2 Update

Bug Description

I am facing a severe screen freeze and glitch problem on Windows 10 which occurs at randomly and multiple times. I have tried everything from updating display drivers to using NVidea driver for display, but the bug persists. There seems to be no answers online for this issue in the second update of 20H2.

The following is image of what the display looks like:

[Bug Report] Display Freezes and Glitches on Windows 10 20H2 Update fc11a6bc-6eef-406f-9282-c3529e4f647c?upload=true.jpg

System Information

Windows 10 Home

Version: 20H2 OS Build 19042.662​

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz​

RAM: 32.0 GB​

Architecture: x64​

Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0​

Device: DELL G5, M.2 NVME SSD for os, HDD 7200RPM for program files​

Extra Information

This issue has occured multiple times. It occurs randomly, so I am completely dumb-stuck by it. There is no way for me to monitor what is causing this issue. I tried keeping the process monitor open, but didn't help much.​

The last occurance same as the image above occured when I was watching a YouTube video and occured as soon as the video was set fullscreen through the YouTube video player.​

So here are the browser information incase it helps to reproduce this issue:​

Browser: Mozilla Firefox Stable​

Version: 83.0 64-bit​

Add-Ons: UBlock Origin, Decentraleyes​

Settings: Strict Enhanced Tracking Protection, Clear data on exit, never remember history.​

Note: Now that I recall, this has also occured even when my browser was not open. Sometimes this problem has occured when I'm using notepad or other software. All drivers are updated. Native system drivers are also updated.​

Any help is appreciated. I have lost a lot of time because of this bug.​

:)

GefiveK, Dec 7, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

I doubt it is a glitch. I suspect it was designed that way.

NavyLCDR, Dec 7, 2020
  3. Glitching After Updating To Windows 10

Hi Ahsiek,

Display errors might have caused by an incompatible drivers. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to know the following:

• What is the
      build number and version of your Windows
      ?
    • When you say glitch, does it mean that the screen flickers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows 10 laptop?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the graphics driver of your Windows 10 by following the steps given on this article:

Update drivers in Windows 10

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Dec 7, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

I rate this as another epic MS software bug due to their poor software QA and not a glitch!

Steve C, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

1. [Bug Report] Display Freezes and Glitches on Windows 10 20H2 Update - Similar Threads - Bug Report Display

2. Bug Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug Report: Hello i would like to report a bug with windows 11 where there are blank gaps where shopping and games should be in the widgets panels. Another bug ive been encountering is where the widgets sometimes dont update automatically and i have to manually refresh to actually see...
  3. report a bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    report a bug: bug ? .. regarding windows 10 file explorer. sorry for the grammar .. I am 80 and i have arthritis in my hands so i try to minimize typing. when a new version of my vb.net desktop application is run for the first time it does the following. 1 .. the program deletes any old...
  4. Bug Report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bug Report: Hello My Self Neeraj From India Here Is A Big Bug On Your Windows 10 Oprating System win10 is not working perfactly in acer aspire E5-573Gin this laptop touchpad not working in windows 10 but its work perfactly in windows 7 here is no any driver issue i was try many of ways...
  5. Windows 10 20H2 Update Freezes and Crashes

Windows 10 20H2 Update Freezes and Crashes: I am facing severe screen freezing and crash issue in Windows 10 which occurs randomly and multiple times. I have tried everything from updating the display drivers to using the NVidea driver for the display, but the error persists. There seems to be no online answers for...
  6. Windows 10 20H2 update fixes dozens of bugs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 update fixes dozens of bugs: Identified as KB4601382, it is optional and also available for Windows 10 v2004. Microsoft this week made an optional update available for Windows 10 20H2 and Windows 10 v2004 that brings fixes for dozens of bugs in the operating system, including one that causes the Settings...
  7. Windows 10 20h2 update no startup bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 20h2 update no startup bug: I have updated my laptop recently and I noticed the startup items are missing. I access this through task manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-20h2-update-no-startup-bug/6fe9e5fd-8798-4983-8cdb-34ce0c9c13e6
  8. Reporting bugs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reporting bugs: I am currently running Windows 10 verison 20H2 and I am unable to connect to my mobile hotspot sometimes, it says "Unable to connect to this network, also Settings app freezes when we click on System....
  9. Report a bug

Report a bug: Hi all, I already posted before regarding frequent BSOD and unexpected crashing where we found out that the main cause was the RAM. We already replaced the RAM and when I turned on the PC, prior to logging in another BSOD event happened. It was pointing to the following...
  10. Bugs after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bugs after 20H2 update: After the 20H2 update i'm experiencing some bugs: After a restart some of the startup programs (like Corsair iCue) won't start After a restart if i try to open task manager it locks on not responding Today i experienced a bug where my entire desktop freezed and was in not...