Windows 10: *BUG REPORT* Microsoft Photos App Turns CMYK Images Black

Discus and support *BUG REPORT* Microsoft Photos App Turns CMYK Images Black in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is a recent problem I have discovered, and believe I have isolated the issue to viewing CMYK specific images inside Microsoft Photos app. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LiQuiDPixeL, Aug 19, 2021.

1. *BUG REPORT* Microsoft Photos App Turns CMYK Images Black

This is a recent problem I have discovered, and believe I have isolated the issue to viewing CMYK specific images inside Microsoft Photos app. I have been able to replicate this problem on multiple computers and laptops, so Im curious if others have had this problem or if they can replicate it themselves. I have been using both Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator to convert the images to CMYK and it happens on both. Here are 3 images. The first image is RGB in the MS Photos app. Appears normal.Now here is the same image converted to CMYK, viewed in the MS Photos app. The image turns all

:)

LiQuiDPixeL, Aug 19, 2021
  2. MarthaM4 Win User

Microsoft Photos - convert from RGB to CMYK?

Using Microsoft Photos, is there a way to convert a photo from RGB to CMYK? If not, is there another Microsoft product that does that?

MarthaM4, Aug 19, 2021
  3. An interesting quirk about the way the Windows 10 Photos app handles CMYK images

I've noticed something very peculiar about the manner in which the Photos app handles CMYK images. Now, it's important to note that CMYK images can vary wildly in how their colours are displayed, it all depends on the program viewing them. The weird thing
    about the Photos app is that the colours display differently depending on the zoom level. If I zoom out (or reduce the size of the window) on a large image such as this, the colours are a little dull, a little biased towards browns. However, when viewed at
    a closer zoom level, the image simply pops back into more vibrant colours. Although, sometimes the more vibrant colours load in slowly throughout the image, rendering individual square regions of the image. A thing I find interesting is that the zoom level
    is more or less arbitrary? Like, it's not like these colours load in when I view the full size of the image by clicking
    View Actual Size, they load in at a much more zoomed out point. My second image isn't nearly at 100% zoom. I wonder what causes this odd phenomenon. It appears to me that the Photos app simply changes the way it displays CMYK colours depending on zoom
    level, but I'm not quite sure why that would be the case. Is there a deeper reason for this?
    *BUG REPORT* Microsoft Photos App Turns CMYK Images Black [​IMG]

*BUG REPORT* Microsoft Photos App Turns CMYK Images Black 3234055f-2308-474e-88ca-577346ef9567?upload=true.png

JamiesonFiander, Aug 19, 2021
  4. *BUG REPORT* Microsoft Photos App Turns CMYK Images Black

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

*BUG REPORT* Microsoft Photos App Turns CMYK Images Black

1. *BUG REPORT* Microsoft Photos App Turns CMYK Images Black - Similar Threads - *BUG REPORT* Microsoft

2. Photos turning black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos turning black.: My photos are turning black in my photo apps. Photoshop, Photos, Lightroom, etc They look fine in thumbnails, but when I open them in the app, they first appear, and then a dark grey, almost black covers them. This was happening in Windows 10, I thought the update to 11 would...
  3. Photos turning black.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos turning black.: My photos are turning black in my photo apps. Photoshop, Photos, Lightroom, etc They look fine in thumbnails, but when I open them in the app, they first appear, and then a dark grey, almost black covers them. This was happening in Windows 10, I thought the update to 11 would...
  4. Reporting bug in Microsoft Jigsaw - who to report bug to for it to be attended to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reporting bug in Microsoft Jigsaw - who to report bug to for it to be attended to: Microsoft Jigsaw – Landscapes - Tate-yama, Japan – Please correct the timing formula. Test made 2021-09-05 I knew this is faulty, and had previously reported this, some years ago. Select the 24-piece option. See first picture below.My time, 01:24, does not replace the...
  5. jpg images with white background turns black in Microsoft photos

jpg images with white background turns black in Microsoft photos: jpg images with white background turns black in Microsoft photos. it works on paint but i want the slide show to work not interested in using paint please help...
  6. Microsoft Photo เปิดรูป .jpg ที่เป็น CMYK แล้วกลายเป็นภาพสีดำ

Microsoft Photo เปิดรูป .jpg ที่เป็น CMYK แล้วกลายเป็นภาพสีดำ: มีปัญหา คือใช้ Microsoft Photo เปิดรูปไฟล์ .jpg ที่เป็นไฟล์สีแบบ CMYK - ภาพจะโชว์เป็นภาพปกติให้ 1 วิ - แล้วมันจะปรับกลายเป็นภาพสีดำไปเลย กับภาพที่เป็น RGB จะไม่เป็น- ลองลงโปรแกรมMicrosoft Photo ใหม่ดูแล้วก็แก้ไม่หาย - สักเกตอาการคือเพิ่งเป็นหลัง update window...
  7. Microsoft Photos Images Turn Black Reversed / Negative

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photos Images Turn Black Reversed / Negative: Some JPG images I receive look fine as a thumbnail but when they open in Photos they turn black or reversed or negative. Not sure of the exact word. When it opens they appear correctly for a brief second and then turn black. Any suggestions? This happens on two of my...
  8. Bug report - Windows 10 "Photos" app memory leak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bug report - Windows 10 "Photos" app memory leak: Double-click on a file in a directory with lots of images Wait for Photos to open the image Click the Crop tool Crop the image Click "Save" not Save a copy Click the right-arrow to go to the next image Repeat step 3 The app gets slower over time, and memory consumption...
  9. An interesting quirk about the way the Windows 10 Photos app handles CMYK images

An interesting quirk about the way the Windows 10 Photos app handles CMYK images: I've noticed something very peculiar about the manner in which the Photos app handles CMYK images. Now, it's important to note that CMYK images can vary wildly in how their colours are displayed, it all depends on the program viewing them. The weird thing about the Photos app...
  10. Microsoft Photos - convert from RGB to CMYK?

Microsoft Photos - convert from RGB to CMYK?: Using Microsoft Photos, is there a way to convert a photo from RGB to CMYK? If not, is there another Microsoft product that does that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-convert-from-rgb-to-cmyk/6e932004-e4fa-4d74-ae20-aed7c9a9893b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. image getting black background for cmyk file in microsoft photos