Windows 10: bug report: night light doesn't work after coming back from hibernate since upgraded to...

Discus and support bug report: night light doesn't work after coming back from hibernate since upgraded to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; since upgrading to 20h2 the windows night light function will turn on if the computer has just booted up, but when it comes back from hibernate it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RonDeutsch1, Nov 18, 2020.

1. bug report: night light doesn't work after coming back from hibernate since upgraded to...

since upgrading to 20h2 the windows night light function will turn on if the computer has just booted up, but when it comes back from hibernate it won't. you can turn it on and off and it won't function.

this is a bigger problem because I tried two other programs that do similar functions - flux & lightbulb - and the same thing happens, so I think this goes deeper.

also, if you right click "night light" from notifications to open up the settings, it opens up the setting screen but just stays green with the settings image and doesn't finish loading. you have to go close it then go to start menu and click pc settings to access it.

my graphics and monitor drivers are up to date.

I have searched online and it seems others are having this same problem whether coming back from sleep or hibernate.

:)

RonDeutsch1, Nov 18, 2020

2. the night light it doesn t turn on

i have problem with the night light it doesn t turn on what am i doing to??

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

GEORGIOSMASOURAS69, Nov 18, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

bug report: night light doesn't work after coming back from hibernate since upgraded to... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Rohn007 Win User

bug report: night light doesn't work after coming back from hibernate since upgraded to...

Rohn007, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

bug report: night light doesn't work after coming back from hibernate since upgraded to...

1. bug report: night light doesn't work after coming back from hibernate since upgraded to... - Similar Threads - bug report night

2. After making changes to the registry, night light doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After making changes to the registry, night light doesn't work: I tried to disable the bloatware that is Microsoft Defender. Is there a way to enable night light without reverting the changes or is there an open source program that can dim the screen and increase color temperature?...
  3. After making changes to the registry, night light doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After making changes to the registry, night light doesn't work: I tried to disable the bloatware that is Microsoft Defender. Is there a way to enable night light without reverting the changes or is there an open source program that can dim the screen and increase color temperature?...
  4. After making changes to the registry, night light doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. HDD doesn't get detected after coming back from sleep, but Hibernating and Powering back on...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HDD doesn't get detected after coming back from sleep, but Hibernating and Powering back on...: I have a Windows 10 i5-8250U 1.6 GHz, with 16 GB RAM Recently upgraded from 8 GB RAM. The system also has 128 GB SSD and 1TB HDD. After upgrading from 8 GB RAM to 16 GB RAM, there's a strange issue that has cropped up.If the laptop goes to sleep mode, and then I power back...
  6. night light mode will not come on

in Windows 10 Customization
    night light mode will not come on: night light mode grayed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-mode-will-not-come-on/a61e5b4e-9602-4faf-b7d5-62a3838961fd
  7. Night light sometimes doesn't work after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night light sometimes doesn't work after sleep: I think for about half a year, the night light mode fails to work after I log off for a period of time or after I sleep the PC. The only way to resolve it is to sign out/relog or restart. But this is annoying so I wonder what else might work. I've also tried: Replug monitor...
  8. night light mode will not come on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    night light mode will not come on: night light mode will not come on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-mode-will-not-come-on/f4763471-cfb4-47b9-bef8-64db11d82364
  9. System doesn't come back from hibernation - 1909 issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    System doesn't come back from hibernation - 1909 issue?: Recently, whenever I hibernate my system, and then start it up again the next morning, Windows boots up as though I had done a complete shutdown. It may be only coincidental, but I upgraded to 1909 about a week ago. 146979
  10. Night light wierd bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light wierd bug: Night light issue, at the home screen before I log in its a normal colour, when I log in to (ACCOUNT A, ADMINISTRATOR), the screen fades to the night light colour, normal if I have it switched on, but according to settings I dont have it switched on and if I do switch it on...