Windows 10: Bug report: right click on the desktop should open the display options window on the...

Discus and support Bug report: right click on the desktop should open the display options window on the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A right click on the desktop opens the display options window always on the primary monitor. When this primary monitor is not available, one has got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rin67630, Sep 4, 2018.

1. rin67630 Win User

Bug report: right click on the desktop should open the display options window on the...

A right click on the desktop opens the display options window always on the primary monitor.

When this primary monitor is not available, one has got no chance to change the configuration of the monitors using that method.

IMHO, the right click on the desktop must open the display options window on the monitor on which it was klicked.

Alternative solutions that I did try:

The key combination Windows-P isn't a help either, also that one opens the selection only on the primary monitor.

For the reason that I ignore, the notebook key combination to change the monitor configuration is inactive.

Regards

:)

rin67630, Sep 4, 2018
  2. erocker Win User

660M GTX has no Display scaling option

Almost seems as if it isn't picking up your other display. Is the other display listed in Windows Display Properties? (Right-click desktop, tick Screen Resolution) It might just be a bad cable or something.

erocker, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Sep 4, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

Bug report: right click on the desktop should open the display options window on the...

Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Bug report: right click on the desktop should open the display options window on the... - Similar Threads - Bug report right

2. Right click options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click options.: New Windows 11...MS Edge.When right clicking a file/Programme the options list is short but offers 'Show more options'.How do I get the full list first time with the right click....as in Windows 10?Please?...
  3. Right click options.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click options.: New Windows 11...MS Edge.When right clicking a file/Programme the options list is short but offers 'Show more options'.How do I get the full list first time with the right click....as in Windows 10?Please?...
  4. Personalization, Display Settings, Settings unable to open from Desktop on right click.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalization, Display Settings, Settings unable to open from Desktop on right click.: Hi, I am unable to open Personalization, Display Settings from desktop on right click. A small command window pops up and disappears after clicking on either options. I can access personalization and display settings from the settings app but cannot access from desktop. Same...
  5. On the desktop the right click new folder option is missing

On the desktop the right click new folder option is missing: I can no longer create a new folder on widows 10. I right click and other options are available but not new folder. Also, i noticed that when I right click the desktop the menu that pops up is titled AMG Radeon Settings!.......When I look up various solutions on line.....that...
  6. Right Click Option

Right Click Option: Is there a way i can customize my right click option like add or remove app option. i want to remove github option on my right click. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-option/c2573dd3-515e-495a-ba90-969c18c20da0
  7. Right click on desktop takes long to open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click on desktop takes long to open: When i right click on my mouse to open the quick menu to create a file or map it takes 4 seconds to load. Any fix? submitted by /u/midsty [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/irjhzu/right_click_on_desktop_takes_long_to_open/
  8. No option to create shortcuts when right clicking on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to create shortcuts when right clicking on desktop: The title pretty much sums up the problem. When I right click on my desktop and select 'New' the only option is to create a new folder and there is no longer an option to create a shortcut. Also if I create the shortcut elsewhere and move it to the Desktop the shortcut...
  9. Right Click not displaying options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Right Click not displaying options: Since that latest update, Using a right click on an icon or file no longer displays options, such as properties, it merely displays a spinning circle for a length of time, and then dumps the display and shows the users desktop. Not very useful if one wants to investigate the...
  10. No shortcut option on right click desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    No shortcut option on right click desktop: Please can anyone help. I have upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10. When right clicking the desktop I only get the option under the "New" menu to crate a folder, no shortcut. Anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks 15032