Windows 10: Bug Report: Win 10 Battery Life Settings screen

Discus and support Bug Report: Win 10 Battery Life Settings screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop is always plugged in when not in use. Yesterday I was working on battery power & battery reached 10% in less than two hours. OK, maybe I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chris Allen - Data, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Bug Report: Win 10 Battery Life Settings screen

My laptop is always plugged in when not in use.

Yesterday I was working on battery power & battery reached 10% in less than two hours. OK, maybe I need to replace the battery.

Today I worked briefly on battery power, and in less than 10 minutes battery was down to 88% and predicting less than two hours total time remaining.

So I came to the Settings Screen: "See which apps are affecting your battery life".
    Set "Time period:" to 1 week.
    Set "Show:" to Apps with usage.

Result: "We only track usage when your device is on battery power, not when it's plugged in. NO APPS USED BATTERY DURING THE SELECTED TIME PERIOD."

That last line is simply not true. As noted above, I worked on battery power on two separate occasions during the "selected time period".

The code behind this screen - or the log(s) it reads - contains a fatal bug prohibiting it from performing its very simple function. As a result, the user is left scratching their head wondering which app(s) is/are the battery hog(s).

:)

Chris Allen - Data, Aug 16, 2019

2. The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Aug 16, 2019
  3. The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Bug Report: Win 10 Battery Life Settings screen

Intel and Microsoft fixing bug that reduces battery life in Windows 10

Read more: Intel and Microsoft are working on a fixing a bug that reduces battery life in Windows 10

Brink, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Bug Report: Win 10 Battery Life Settings screen

1. Bug Report: Win 10 Battery Life Settings screen - Similar Threads - Bug Report Battery

2. Power and battery settings reports screen is always on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power and battery settings reports screen is always on?: Just a bit of a weird issue with my new laptop. The Power & Battery settings says my screen is always on even when it has been switched off and unplugged?...
  3. Battery life bug since 22h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery life bug since 22h2 update: Hello,In 2022, at the beginning of summer, I bought myself an ASUS Vivobook Pro 14x Oled. It is the N7400P model with an intel i5-11300H, an nvidia RTX 3050 capped at 40W, 16GB ram and an intel HBROEKNX0202AO optane ssd. Initially I installed windows 10 pro the 21h2 version....
  4. Battery life bug since 22h2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery life bug since 22h2 update: Hello,In 2022, at the beginning of summer, I bought myself an ASUS Vivobook Pro 14x Oled. It is the N7400P model with an intel i5-11300H, an nvidia RTX 3050 capped at 40W, 16GB ram and an intel HBROEKNX0202AO optane ssd. Initially I installed windows 10 pro the 21h2 version....
  5. Battery Report Estimated Battery Life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Report Estimated Battery Life: Been kind of concerned with my Surface Laptop 3's battery life of late since it seems to drain faster than usual. Ran a battery report and saw that it's full charge capacity had dropped to around 39000 mwh with a design capacity of around 45000. Scrolled down to the...
  6. Battery Report Estimated Battery Life

Battery Report Estimated Battery Life: Been kind of concerned with my Surface Laptop 3's battery life of late since it seems to drain faster than usual. Ran a battery report and saw that it's full charge capacity had dropped to around 39000 mwh with a design capacity of around 45000. Scrolled down to the...
  7. Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?: Hi in my Laptop, Windows 10, I checked the Battery health and got a report.I wonder if anyone can tell what is the battery remaining life at the endingpart of the health report:"Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS installSince OS install...
  8. Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?

Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?: Hi in my Laptop, Windows 10, I checked the Battery health and got a report.I wonder if anyone can tell what is the battery remaining life at the endingpart of the health report:"Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS installSince OS install...
  9. Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Battery life with Win 11 is terrible!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery life with Win 11 is terrible!: The battery of my ASUS is emptied in just over an hour. With Win 10 I got in excess of 8 hours. It was suggested that my drivers might be to blame. I have checked and updated my drivers.NOW it still discharges too quickly but ALSO will not charge to any more then 79%.This is...