Windows 10: [Bug Report] [Windows Defender] Failed to recover remote file isolated by Windows Defender

Discus and support [Bug Report] [Windows Defender] Failed to recover remote file isolated by Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm working with the latest Windows 10 1909 x64, with all patches installed. All antivirus software have false positive reports, but there should... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Fengyu Gao, May 10, 2020.

1. [Bug Report] [Windows Defender] Failed to recover remote file isolated by Windows Defender

I'm working with the latest Windows 10 1909 x64, with all patches installed.

All antivirus software have false positive reports, but there should always be options to get back.

The Windows defender has succeeded to delete several files on my NAS. However, when I click the "restore" button, nothing happens and I have no way to get my files back.

The recover function works for files on local hard disks, but not for remote files. Hope this issue can be confirmed and fixed as soon as possible.

:)

Fengyu Gao, May 10, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, May 10, 2020
  3. What the hell, windows defender?

https://www.av-test.org/en/antiviru...-2017/microsoft-windows-defender-4.12-174847/

28 False Positives in last 2 tests

John Naylor, May 10, 2020
  4. [Bug Report] [Windows Defender] Failed to recover remote file isolated by Windows Defender

Windows Defender Fails Malware Test

hmm i've been running windows defender for a few months now, but no problems yet. most likely because i'm careful online (ff, no html emails, only trusted sites, etc). windows defender does have some annoying things with it tho (like not telling you what spyware/ problem it found, but logging it in event viewer with some cryptic id or sommat). i need to find a new proggie soon.

randomperson21, May 10, 2020
Thema:

[Bug Report] [Windows Defender] Failed to recover remote file isolated by Windows Defender

1. [Bug Report] [Windows Defender] Failed to recover remote file isolated by Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Bug Report Defender

2. windows defender bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender bug: hi, I have a problem in two ways, I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro and on Windows Defender I have a problem with identity theft protection, it doesn't work for me when I'm off, but it should be on and in safe mode it says explorer.exe system warning unknown hard error,...
  3. windows defender bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender bug: hi, I have a problem in two ways, I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro and on Windows Defender I have a problem with identity theft protection, it doesn't work for me when I'm off, but it should be on and in safe mode it says explorer.exe system warning unknown hard error,...
  4. Windows Defender Bugged?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Bugged?: I recently did a fast scan with Defender and it showed a highly dangerous file. I deleted it and restarted the PC but the Defender still showed it when I did another scan. I check the folder and the file is no more and Defender still warns me how that threat is "active". And...
  5. Bug in windows defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug in windows defender?: So, I've noticed that the icon on my taskbar shows that there's some problem but when i went into the windows defender app its shows notin.I've ran multiple scans FULL and QUICK but there's seems to be no problem I've tried restarting aswll but no luck So, if there's anything...
  6. Defender scanned file number - report

Defender scanned file number - report: Hello,I have to somehow create a txt file with the result of a full scan.I can see it / when it ran, how many files scanned, No threats found ... But It can not be copied. I checked the log files - but it is not contained the data above .How can I create a custom report - I...
  7. Windows Defender Bug

Windows Defender Bug: The bug deals with engine version 1.1.18100.5 which could potentially put thousands of files on your hard drive. The corrected engine version seems to be 1.1.18100.6. If desired, the files can be deleted. Here are the details: Windows Defender bug may fill your hard drive...
  8. [BUG REPORT] Windows Defender found some .deb apps as WIN32 Trojan

[BUG REPORT] Windows Defender found some .deb apps as WIN32 Trojan: I made a fresh install today. I was dual booting so I was preparing my USB for installing Kali Linux. When Rufus was copying ISOs files, Windows Defender came with a warning of a trojan. Checking the "trojan", I found that it was a boot image with .deb extension. How it was...
  9. urbackup reported by Windows Defender

urbackup reported by Windows Defender: I am installing Urbackup Server 2.3.8. Windows Defender says unknown publisher. Are there any reports of hacked Urbackup installs with virus or ransomware or spyware out there. Sophos Home Premium also does not like it to run. Is this the big boys trying to stifle open...
  10. Windows defender bug

Windows defender bug: Since, when I uninstalled McAfee, there is a bug in the windows defender which cause the problem for him to show nothing, no buttons. It also correlates to the windows update problem because it is not updating. I need immediate help because it could allow viruses. I posted...