Bug Reporting

Discus and support Bug Reporting in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I Just received this Email from Canonical on a bug I reported awhile back and subscribed to and it's a confirmation that the crash was related to a bug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cliff S, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

I Just received this Email from Canonical on a bug I reported awhile back and subscribed to and it's a confirmation that the crash was related to a bug and not my system or something I did. Wouldn't it be nice if Microsoft had this too? I mean does "check for solutions" actually do anything other than report? Has anyone actually received a solution or any feedback from Microsoft?

:)

Cliff S, Mar 8, 2015
  2. todortsvetkov Win User

Bug report

I will do that but first i'll check a couple of thing when i can so can be around 15-20 bugs. I guess the guys here will get me seriously and look the problems :)

todortsvetkov, Mar 8, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    Bug report

If you work as a beta test for Microsoft or their software on behalf of another company, you should already have some sort of channel of communication.

Entegy, Mar 8, 2015
  4. usasma Win User

Bug Reporting

At the last MVP Summit we were addressed by some of the folks responsible for the feedback mechanisms built into Windows.
    In short, there's just too much feedback for them to respond to each individual report.

IME checking for solutions does work - but only on bugs that are:
    - due to Microsoft products (there are also solutions for problems with 3rd party products, but the solutions are usually of the "visit the 3rd party's support website" type).
    - that the problems have been recognized for a relatively long period of time.

I keep my system updated - so that eliminates the majority of problems (as the fixes are usually distributed through Windows/Microsoft Update).
    And I search for problems on the web before I rely on Microsoft's troubleshooters (so I'm more likely to find a fix for a problem earlier in the problems lifespan).
    Finally, Microsoft has to test fixes in many different scenarios. I only have to test in one (the system that I'm working on). So it takes them longer to fix things than I do :0)

usasma, Mar 9, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    Canonical can do that, since they have a userbase in the millions, and probably bug reports in the thousands. or 10's of thousands.

Microsoft has a userbase in the billions, and bug reports in the 100's of millions. It's just not practical.

Mystere, Mar 9, 2015
  6. rolando Win User
    I don't expect personalized reporting back, but I'd like to know if bugs are identified and fixed.

Is there a database or something?

I assume my 'crashes' are reported automatically, but how do things get reported when users figure out workarounds? There's no automated mechanism for that.

rolando, Sep 28, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Sep 28, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Bug Reporting

Addition to my last post:
    You're going to have to scroll way down for it*Smile

[​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 28, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome rolando*Biggrin

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Bug Reporting

Bug Reporting - Similar Threads - Bug Reporting

1. After 1803 update, from cursor drag select jump bug to freeze.

in Windows 10 Support
    After 1803 update, from cursor drag select jump bug to freeze.: Previously had this issue: Drag selection cursor jumps down right after 1709 16922 update. After 1709 update, when trying to drag select files, cursor would jump to the screen end. Now just updated to 1803, first thing wanted to check if this bug is fixed. It is fixed, I can...
  2. Windows Media Player Song Title Alpha Order Bug possible workaround

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Media Player Song Title Alpha Order Bug possible workaround: I use Windows Media Player to maintain my library of music on the computer. Usually, when I open an Artist, all of the songs are listed within the album from which it comes. So first is Album A with all of its songs, then Album B etc. Often, I'll want to list all of those...
  3. Facebook alerts 14M to privacy bug that changed status to public

in Windows 10 Support
    Facebook alerts 14M to privacy bug that changed status to public: Facebook has another privacy screw-up on its hands. A bug in May accidentally changed the suggested privacy setting for status updates to public from whatever users had set it to last, potentially causing them to post sensitive friends-only content to the whole world....
  4. April Update visual effects bugs?

in Windows 10 Support
    April Update visual effects bugs?: Hello, Sorry if this has been asked many times before. I noticed in this video that the April Update of Windows 10 seems to have several visual effects issues here and there, for which I'm quite OCD about. I was wondering if these issues shown in the video has been fixed yet...
  5. Disk Cleanup Windows Error Reporting Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup Windows Error Reporting Bug: So I know this isn't for Windows 10, I just haven't been able to find a Windows Server 2008 forum. I was hoping that someone here might be able to point me in the right direction or have the answer. Our endpoint management service sent a task to us stating that one of the...
  6. Where can bugs in builds be reported?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where can bugs in builds be reported?: Other than the built in feedback app - because it has a bug for me on build 10166 and is just a blue windows with a logo that doesn't provide any means to do anything with it. On build 10166, I'm finding there to be many bugs. Some of them are: - When my PC goes into...
  7. Windows users report bugs, crashes after recent security patches

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows users report bugs, crashes after recent security patches: Was going to ask if anyone has been experiencing weird issues since this last batch of patches. On my laptop I've been having spotty Wi-Fi and internet issues. My desktop has also been experiencing internet issues as well as restart issues. Anyway I was searching the net when...
Bug Reporting solved