Windows 10: Bug Reporting

Discus and support Bug Reporting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I Just received this Email from Canonical on a bug I reported awhile back and subscribed to and it's a confirmation that the crash was related to a bug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cliff S, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Bug Reporting

I Just received this Email from Canonical on a bug I reported awhile back and subscribed to and it's a confirmation that the crash was related to a bug and not my system or something I did. Wouldn't it be nice if Microsoft had this too? I mean does "check for solutions" actually do anything other than report? Has anyone actually received a solution or any feedback from Microsoft?

:)

Cliff S, Mar 7, 2015

2. Bug report

I will do that but first i'll check a couple of thing when i can so can be around 15-20 bugs. I guess the guys here will get me seriously and look the problems Bug Reporting :)

todortsvetkov, Mar 7, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    Bug report

If you work as a beta test for Microsoft or their software on behalf of another company, you should already have some sort of channel of communication.

Entegy, Mar 7, 2015
  4. usasma Win User

Bug Reporting

At the last MVP Summit we were addressed by some of the folks responsible for the feedback mechanisms built into Windows.
    In short, there's just too much feedback for them to respond to each individual report.

IME checking for solutions does work - but only on bugs that are:
    - due to Microsoft products (there are also solutions for problems with 3rd party products, but the solutions are usually of the "visit the 3rd party's support website" type).
    - that the problems have been recognized for a relatively long period of time.

I keep my system updated - so that eliminates the majority of problems (as the fixes are usually distributed through Windows/Microsoft Update).
    And I search for problems on the web before I rely on Microsoft's troubleshooters (so I'm more likely to find a fix for a problem earlier in the problems lifespan).
    Finally, Microsoft has to test fixes in many different scenarios. I only have to test in one (the system that I'm working on). So it takes them longer to fix things than I do :0)

usasma, Mar 9, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    Canonical can do that, since they have a userbase in the millions, and probably bug reports in the thousands. or 10's of thousands.

Microsoft has a userbase in the billions, and bug reports in the 100's of millions. It's just not practical.

Mystere, Mar 9, 2015
  6. rolando Win User
    I don't expect personalized reporting back, but I'd like to know if bugs are identified and fixed.

Is there a database or something?

I assume my 'crashes' are reported automatically, but how do things get reported when users figure out workarounds? There's no automated mechanism for that.

rolando, Sep 27, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Sep 27, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Bug Reporting

Addition to my last post:
    You're going to have to scroll way down for it*Smile

Bug Reporting [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 27, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome rolando*Biggrin

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Bug Reporting

1. Bug Reporting - Similar Threads - Bug Reporting

2. Minecraft Bug Reporting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Bug Reporting: I've been attempting to report a bug in the Win 10 Minecraft for the past week or so, but there're issues logging into their Jira system, despite being able to log into the Minecraft site. The issue is specifically with the Win 10 version, as the Java version works just...
  3. Britec on YouTube reports 2004 bug you likely have

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Britec on YouTube reports 2004 bug you likely have: Greetings, Ignorance can be bliss. All four of my PCs finally updated and everything seemed good. I subscribe to a Windows YouTuber who has excellent advice most of time and he just warned of this bug. All 4 of my various PCs had it. https://youtu.be/ffHIY6pOJUk?t=426...
  4. Britec on YouTube reports 2004 bug you likely have

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Britec on YouTube reports 2004 bug you likely have: Greetings, Ignorance can be bliss. All four of my PCs finally updated and everything seemed good. I subscribe to a Windows YouTuber who has excellent advice most of time and he just warned of this bug. All 4 of my various PCs had it. https://youtu.be/ffHIY6pOJUk?t=426...
  5. BSOD - New PC, Bug Report Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - New PC, Bug Report Crash: Access to my DMP files, https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhpiBFniumtTh2lVTdNJT9h94sbI?e=wSt1pW Information about my 1 week old PC https://valid.x86.fr/wxibtk Nothing is overclocked. I'd like to know what may be wrong and how to fix it. I have made sure all drivers are up to date as...
  6. Windows MAIL app bug report June 2020

Windows MAIL app bug report June 2020: My recent model windows 10 home PC downloaded updates over the last few weeks that must have involved Microsoft Mail, the desktop client for email. The UPDATE app in settings reports that I have no further updates to apply. The ugly issue that has suddenly appeared is that...
  7. Windows mail bug report June 2020

Windows mail bug report June 2020: My recent model windows 10 home PC downloaded updates over the last few weeks that must have involved Microsoft Mail, the desktop client for email. The UPDATE app in settings reports that I have no further updates to apply. The ugly issue that has suddenly appeared is that...
  8. Reports of new Windows 10 bugs, Crashes, BSOD by muliple news articles outlet and more.

Reports of new Windows 10 bugs, Crashes, BSOD by muliple news articles outlet and more.: Windows 1909 has been a push with multiples of errors, bugs, crash, and bios conflictions when all of us had experience at some point. An article can cover my back and clear it up as well. A news article from TechRadar explained that 1909 would cause "include boot issues,...
  9. [Bug Report] [Windows Defender] Failed to recover remote file isolated by Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    [Bug Report] [Windows Defender] Failed to recover remote file isolated by Windows Defender: I'm working with the latest Windows 10 1909 x64, with all patches installed. All antivirus software have false positive reports, but there should always be options to get back. The Windows defender has succeeded to delete several files on my NAS. However, when I click the...
  10. Whenever I report a bug, a new bug shows up, as if ordered to punish me for reporting the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I report a bug, a new bug shows up, as if ordered to punish me for reporting the...: How to recreate: 1) Experience a bug. 2) Report a bug. 3) Meet bug's family. 4) Learn lesson, unlike me. submitted by /u/ZerioBoy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ez5v6m/whenever_i_report_a_bug_a_new_bug_shows_up_as_if/