Windows 10: Bug Reporting

Discus and support Bug Reporting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I Just received this Email from Canonical on a bug I reported awhile back and subscribed to and it's a confirmation that the crash was related to a bug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cliff S, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Bug Reporting

I Just received this Email from Canonical on a bug I reported awhile back and subscribed to and it's a confirmation that the crash was related to a bug and not my system or something I did. Wouldn't it be nice if Microsoft had this too? I mean does "check for solutions" actually do anything other than report? Has anyone actually received a solution or any feedback from Microsoft?

:)

Cliff S, Mar 7, 2015

2. Bug report

I will do that but first i'll check a couple of thing when i can so can be around 15-20 bugs. I guess the guys here will get me seriously and look the problems Bug Reporting :)

todortsvetkov, Mar 7, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    Bug report

If you work as a beta test for Microsoft or their software on behalf of another company, you should already have some sort of channel of communication.

Entegy, Mar 7, 2015
  4. usasma Win User

Bug Reporting

At the last MVP Summit we were addressed by some of the folks responsible for the feedback mechanisms built into Windows.
    In short, there's just too much feedback for them to respond to each individual report.

IME checking for solutions does work - but only on bugs that are:
    - due to Microsoft products (there are also solutions for problems with 3rd party products, but the solutions are usually of the "visit the 3rd party's support website" type).
    - that the problems have been recognized for a relatively long period of time.

I keep my system updated - so that eliminates the majority of problems (as the fixes are usually distributed through Windows/Microsoft Update).
    And I search for problems on the web before I rely on Microsoft's troubleshooters (so I'm more likely to find a fix for a problem earlier in the problems lifespan).
    Finally, Microsoft has to test fixes in many different scenarios. I only have to test in one (the system that I'm working on). So it takes them longer to fix things than I do :0)

usasma, Mar 9, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    Canonical can do that, since they have a userbase in the millions, and probably bug reports in the thousands. or 10's of thousands.

Microsoft has a userbase in the billions, and bug reports in the 100's of millions. It's just not practical.

Mystere, Mar 9, 2015
  6. rolando Win User
    I don't expect personalized reporting back, but I'd like to know if bugs are identified and fixed.

Is there a database or something?

I assume my 'crashes' are reported automatically, but how do things get reported when users figure out workarounds? There's no automated mechanism for that.

rolando, Sep 27, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Sep 27, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Bug Reporting

Addition to my last post:
    You're going to have to scroll way down for it*Smile

Bug Reporting [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 27, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome rolando*Biggrin

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Bug Reporting

1. Bug Reporting - Similar Threads - Bug Reporting

2. Windows defender bug still not fix, workaround doesn't work. Deleted threats are reported...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender bug still not fix, workaround doesn't work. Deleted threats are reported...: This one doesn't helphttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-shows-an-deleted-threat/b071cd2d-4364-4ca2-961c-dc430a841b14in win 11 there are no permissions to delete anything inside C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\HistoryI tried...
  3. Windows defender bug still not fix, workaround doesn't work. Deleted threats are reported...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender bug still not fix, workaround doesn't work. Deleted threats are reported...: This one doesn't helphttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-shows-an-deleted-threat/b071cd2d-4364-4ca2-961c-dc430a841b14in win 11 there are no permissions to delete anything inside C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\HistoryI tried...
  4. I keep on getting this bug report when my pc reboots from a blue screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep on getting this bug report when my pc reboots from a blue screen.: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff80035f1d340.I'm guessing this is a driver issue with nvidia because it has started happening when i downloaded the recent nvidia drivers. I just want someone else opinion on this issue....
  5. I keep on getting this bug report when my pc reboots from a blue screen.

I keep on getting this bug report when my pc reboots from a blue screen.: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff80035f1d340.I'm guessing this is a driver issue with nvidia because it has started happening when i downloaded the recent nvidia drivers. I just want someone else opinion on this issue....
  6. How do I report a OS bug to Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I report a OS bug to Microsoft?: I'm asking because I'm trying to bring light a security bug where after restart or shutdown, it doesn't bring up the login screen, instead already has you logged in. As for what happened before this bug, I had my system updated and only has one account on it. If additional...
  7. How do I report a OS bug to Microsoft?

How do I report a OS bug to Microsoft?: I'm asking because I'm trying to bring light a security bug where after restart or shutdown, it doesn't bring up the login screen, instead already has you logged in. As for what happened before this bug, I had my system updated and only has one account on it. If additional...
  8. How do I report a OS bug to Microsoft?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Where can I report about a bug of an "echo" command inside a batch file, having "" be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I report about a bug of an "echo" command inside a batch file, having "" be...: I can't find where to report about this, but...When I use "" inside an "echo" command within a batch file, it is considered as an ending of a loop instead of being ignored:@echo off for /l %%t in 1, 1, 3 do echo testing %%t echo this comment is printed almost fine, except the...
  10. Where can I report about a bug of an "echo" command inside a batch file, having "" be...

Where can I report about a bug of an "echo" command inside a batch file, having "" be...: I can't find where to report about this, but...When I use "" inside an "echo" command within a batch file, it is considered as an ending of a loop instead of being ignored:@echo off for /l %%t in 1, 1, 3 do echo testing %%t echo this comment is printed almost fine, except the...