Windows 10: [Bug] Some UWP Apps have no icons when placed to desktop, or into folders.

Discus and support [Bug] Some UWP Apps have no icons when placed to desktop, or into folders. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Is there any way to fix these? Even after restarting the PC couple times, these apps have no icons, sometimes when I change DPI in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Norbi095, Apr 11, 2020.

1. [Bug] Some UWP Apps have no icons when placed to desktop, or into folders.

/u/Norbi095, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Cant place icons on certain places on dekstop

We appreciate the information you've provided. We suggest downloading the latest update, KB4020102, to see if that resolves your concern with the icon placement.
    To do that, go to Settings > Update & Security
    > Check for Updates.

We also recommend changing the desktop icon settings. To access it, follow these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Themes and press Enter.

• Click Change desktop icons.

• Uncheck Allow themes to change desktop icons.

• Click Apply.

• Click OK.

After installing the latest updates and changing the desktop icon settings, check if you can place icons on the left side of your screen.

Let us know if what happens to your icon placement after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Bringing your existing desktop apps to UWP

Source: Bringing your existing desktop apps to UWP | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Mr McC Win User

[Bug] Some UWP Apps have no icons when placed to desktop, or into folders.

Weird desktop icon behaviour on Steam

Yes, they are; however, when I right click on the "blue sphere" icon to change it and browse to the corresponding folder inside the Steam folder, it lets me go through all the steps, but the blue sphere remains. *Confused [Bug] Some UWP Apps have no icons when placed to desktop, or into folders. :confused:

Mr McC, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

[Bug] Some UWP Apps have no icons when placed to desktop, or into folders.

1. [Bug] Some UWP Apps have no icons when placed to desktop, or into folders. - Similar Threads - Bug UWP Apps

2. [BUG] Some folder icons are not displayed correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [BUG] Some folder icons are not displayed correctly: Hi all,I would like to share an issue related to the icons of certain folders in Windows 11.The folders I refer to are:ContactsSaved GamesFavoritesSearchesLinksUser FolderI looked at the imageres.dll file imageres.dll.mun and I found that the developers put the icons in the...
  3. [BUG] Some folder icons are not displayed correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [BUG] Some folder icons are not displayed correctly: Hi all,I would like to share an issue related to the icons of certain folders in Windows 11.The folders I refer to are:ContactsSaved GamesFavoritesSearchesLinksUser FolderI looked at the imageres.dll file imageres.dll.mun and I found that the developers put the icons in the...
  4. UWP apps icon disappearing when searching

UWP apps icon disappearing when searching: Hello, I had a problem with my search icons for UWP apps, and now I finally found a way to resolve it!You would know I had this problem a long time ago, but I needed to create a new user account, and I didn't want to. Here is the post.To resolve it, you must follow these...
  5. UWP apps icon disappearing when searching

in Windows 10 Customization
    UWP apps icon disappearing when searching: Hello, I had a problem with my search icons for UWP apps, and now I finally found a way to resolve it!You would know I had this problem a long time ago, but I needed to create a new user account, and I didn't want to. Here is the post.To resolve it, you must follow these...
  6. UWP apps icon disappearing when searching

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Some icons are in new places, some are in original place in taskbar when I click it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some icons are in new places, some are in original place in taskbar when I click it.: Hello, I have pinned some software to taskbar. When I click one icon, it open the software in the same place in taskbar, but some are in a new place.For example, I clicked the chrome icon in taskbar, it opened in a new place at the right of the taskbar, but when I click the...
  8. Some icons are in new places, some are in original place in taskbar when I click it.

Some icons are in new places, some are in original place in taskbar when I click it.: Hello, I have pinned some software to taskbar. When I click one icon, it open the software in the same place in taskbar, but some are in a new place.For example, I clicked the chrome icon in taskbar, it opened in a new place at the right of the taskbar, but when I click the...
  9. Some missing desktop icons and folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some missing desktop icons and folders: I had a shock a few days ago when I switched on my PC Windows 10 +all updates and booted up to the desktop. Instead of the usual 10 or so Icons, there were only 5 Icons. Even worse, when I started Windows Explorer, I found that My Documents was completely empty. Not a single...
  10. Some UWP Apps have no icons when putting them into folder. Desktop icons do work though....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some UWP Apps have no icons when putting them into folder. Desktop icons do work though....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Norbi095 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktxud9/some_uwp_apps_have_no_icons_when_putting_them/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. some apps on my desktop have been encrypted