Windows 10: Bug: Something went wrong, x has already been added to this PC

Discus and support Bug: Something went wrong, x has already been added to this PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This question was already placed before and the thread ended back in June 2019. There was never an answer. MU Muralidhar_G Microsoft Agent |... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by erickchavarria, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Bug: Something went wrong, x has already been added to this PC

This question was already placed before and the thread ended back in June 2019. There was never an answer.

MU
    Muralidhar_G

Hi Ben,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to create a local account first. To do so, refer the article Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10 for the steps.

Then convert this local account to Microsoft Account using the credentials of the family member and check the status of the issue.

Please get back to us for the further assistance on the issue. We will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried that. I get the same answer. It tells me that an account already exists with that email on this computer

:)

erickchavarria, Oct 12, 2019
  2. ben7272 Win User

Bug: Something went wrong, x has already been added to this PC

I have just reinstalled windows and as I try to re-add accounts for family members I receive the message: "Something went wrong [x] has already been added to this PC". This is an error. I have not yet added the account to the computer. I have tried disassociating
    [x] with all previous devices in the online account management but no luck. Any ideas?

ben7272, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 12, 2019
  4. csatennis Win User

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Bug: Something went wrong, x has already been added to this PC - Similar Threads - Bug Something went

2. account has already been added to this pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account has already been added to this pc: I receive an error when adding an account to a PC saying the account has already been added to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-has-already-been-added-to-this-pc/fc9491b2-3925-409d-b101-dc7dc6398e24
  3. account has already been added to this pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    account has already been added to this pc: I receive an error when adding an account to a PC saying the account has already been added to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-has-already-been-added-to-this-pc/fc9491b2-3925-409d-b101-dc7dc6398e24
  4. Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong: I've had my PIN set up for quite some time and all the sudden I received a message that said my organization requires me to update my pin. This is a personal computer, it does not belong to any organization. Under the sign in options, Windows Hello Pin, I see a message that...
  5. Something went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  6. "Something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Something went wrong": Hello,I'm trying to enter insider programme I've registered already for insider program.But when I go and click get started it shows this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/569df1e6-3ce2-4630-9e33-00ff156b8e2d
  7. Something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something went wrong?: hey i can't use windows insider program. before appeared to me "To manage the Windows Insider Program...you'll need to turn on optional diagnostic data" but i searched on google and found this solution...
  8. <email@address>has already been added to this PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    <email@address>has already been added to this PC: W10 Accounts, Family and other users : is preventing me from "adding someone else to this PC". I had created a local user XYZ with Account Type "Administrator", ie without a Microsoft Account, then signed in OK. Later while using new Microsoft Edge, I signed into my...
  9. Account has already been added to this PC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account has already been added to this PC: Hi everybody, I'm presently installing accounts on the new PC for the family. I created an account for my daughter but it was bugging when I tried to add connect with her windows hotmail account. So I decided to completely deleted her account to create it again. Then...
  10. Bug: Something went wrong, x has already been added to this PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug: Something went wrong, x has already been added to this PC: I have just reinstalled windows and as I try to re-add accounts for family members I receive the message: "Something went wrong [x] has already been added to this PC". This is an error. I have not yet added the account to the computer. I have tried disassociating [x] with all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Something went wrongSuper_Star_L@outlook.com has already been added to this PC.

2. something went wrong already added to this pc

3. something went wrongp has already been added to this pc.