Windows 10: Bug: Taskbar Position Changes After Coming Out of Sleep - Repeatable.

Discus and support Bug: Taskbar Position Changes After Coming Out of Sleep - Repeatable. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 3 monitor setup Monitors are setup: 3 2 1 Using Display Identification numbers in Display Settings Monitor 1 is connected to Intel HD onboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tae Song, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Tae Song Win User

Bug: Taskbar Position Changes After Coming Out of Sleep - Repeatable.

3 monitor setup

Monitors are setup:

3 2 1

Using Display Identification numbers in Display Settings

Monitor 1 is connected to Intel HD onboard video. Used for displaying Windows Desktop only.

Monitor 2 is Primary display Middle connected to Nvidia GTX 1080

Monitor 3 is on the left and connected to Nvidia GTX 1080

The Taskbar is moved to far-right on monitor 1 to prevent accidental mis-click.

The problem surfaces after coming out of sleep mode. Taskbar is returned to Primary #2 display, moved from Monitor #1

:)

Tae Song, Dec 25, 2019
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Taskbar on top layer (not position) in full screen mode

Hello,

Looks like you are having issue with your taskbar.

We recommend that you unpin all items from your taskbar and see if the issue persists.

Refer to the steps below to unpin apss from the taskbar:

Bug: Taskbar Position Changes After Coming Out of Sleep - Repeatable. 2568d4cb-eebf-4eaf-9f7d-494e6fd40266.png

• Right-click on the icon you want to unpin.
    • Select Unpin from taskbar.
    • Repeat process until all apps are removed.

If the suggestion above doesn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Dec 25, 2019
  3. clriis Win User
    Taskbar Icon Labels in Wrong Position

I would like to add that I've got the same issue with a VMWare image (Win10 Preview Build 10532) and with an older HP laptop.

Also:

• The behaviour is repeated in Safe Mode
    • The issue is only present if:
    • The taskbar is set to Auto-hide
    AND

• The taskbar is transparent (Settings > Personalisation > Colours > Make Start, taskbar and action centre transparent > On) [Thanks Linney].
    From the above I conclude that it must be a bug (although minor) in Windows 10, or ?

clriis, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Rey Cam Win User

In taskbar, how to change the position of just a task from multiple tasks of the same application?

Thanks for the quick reply. On this link, please check on the below listed topics to resolve your issue:

• Change your taskbar settings.
    • Change the taskbar location.
    • Rearrange taskbar button.
    • Lock and unlock the taskbar.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Bug: Taskbar Position Changes After Coming Out of Sleep - Repeatable. - Similar Threads - Bug Taskbar Position

2. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  3. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  4. Taskbar positioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar positioning: Why was the taskbar location abandoned in Windows 11? I have always moved my taskbar to the left of the screen. Now my choices are to move the icons from the center of the taskbar or move the icons to the left side of the taskbar. This is functionality I would like in Windows...
  5. Windows10 Taskbar bugging out?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 Taskbar bugging out?: Anyone have problems, just got a new laptop a month back. Resetted the computer for a factory reset cause windows was being buggy. Windows taskbar sometimes won't open unless restarted? Not to mention sometimes the external keyboard I use will have problems with the...
  6. Blue Screen coming out of Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blue Screen coming out of Sleep: After the last rounds of windows updates my system will blue screen coming out of sleep. I have 4 mini dumps from today. What is the best method to resolve this?...
  7. Windows 10 resizes and re-positions open windows after coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 resizes and re-positions open windows after coming out of sleep mode: I have a new desktop PC with a new BenQ Display and everything seems to function perfectly except when the PC comes out of Sleep Mode, all of the windows which were open have been resized (down) and stacked on top of each other in the top left corner of the display. One...
  8. Sluggish performance on laptop after coming out of sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish performance on laptop after coming out of sleep: I tried searching this and didn't find much so I figured i'd ask. I know i'm running an older laptop but lately when I come out of sleep mode everything I do is more sluggish and slow.. and web browsing especially. Most of the time I just have to do a restart to normalize it....
  9. Unable to come out of Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to come out of Sleep mode: Running a Dell XPS 15, (L502X). Upgraded from 7 to 10 Pro yesterday. Played around a bit with the new OS and then went off to other things. Laptop went into sleep mode after 15 minutes as it always has. But this time I couldn't wake it up. Required me to power off the unit,...
  10. Computer will not come out of sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not come out of sleep: My computer will not come out of sleep. When I hit a key or click the mouse, it will power for a moment and then appears to just turn off. I have to push the power button and completely boot up as if it was shutdown. I have checked my mouse/keyboard settings regarding...