Windows 10: Bug: Tiny Taskbar Icons - Windows 10

Discus and support Bug: Tiny Taskbar Icons - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Windows 10 on a MS Surface Pro as a company provided device for work. I pin a lot of icons to the taskbar and use the option 'Use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by J03_2018, Nov 14, 2018.

1. J03_2018 Win User

Bug: Tiny Taskbar Icons - Windows 10

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 on a MS Surface Pro as a company provided device for work.

I pin a lot of icons to the taskbar and use the option 'Use small taskbar buttons'.

When that works fine, it's great, but recently the taskbar icons have been tiny! (example below)

Bug: Tiny Taskbar Icons - Windows 10 6c1f23e6-62de-4c27-a5a6-72a5912b6f8c?upload=true.png

If I fiddle with the Display settings > Scale and layout > Change the size of text, apps and other items;

from 100% to 125%, then back to 100% it partly fixes the issue. The pinned taskbar icons go back to normal but the icons for network, sound, power etc. are still extremely small. (example below)

Bug: Tiny Taskbar Icons - Windows 10 d4763f3f-a2eb-4589-a710-667176b7ad5f?upload=true.png

In our environment, AppSense saves our settings and not sure if this makes a difference.

I also have tiny icons and very thin scroll bars in Explorer and Outlook 2016. I took the screenshot whilst the mouse was hovering over the scroll bar so this is it at it's 'expanded' size, otherwise it's even slimmer. The icons get fixed at the same time when fiddling with the 100% to 125% etc. as above but the scroll bar remains very slim - no change.

Bug: Tiny Taskbar Icons - Windows 10 d6cbfc22-8c61-4699-9ca3-29f0af5a0b88?upload=true.png

OS Version: 10.0.16299 N/A Build 16299

Hotfix(s): 6 Hotfix(s) Installed.
    [01]: KB2693643
    [02]: KB4090007
    [03]: KB4339420
    [04]: KB4457146
    [05]: KB4462930
    [06]: KB4462918

Any guidance appreciated!

Thanks

:)

J03_2018, Nov 14, 2018

2. NIGHTMARE icon in windows taskbar

Ok ... this is really an annoying thingy in Windows Vista that till today. My top wish list is to solve this !!! *Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:

See attached pic ... for eg. open My Computer ... icon is of course as shown - the My Computer default Vista icon ... after you browse? *swoosh* kind of black magic ... it changes to that icon with the green arrow ... browsing back to My Computer it remains like that ... with the green arrow!!!

This happens to any and all folders ! ... When you load it ... it comes up with the default folder ... after exporing through folder it changes ... and remains like that.

For info : have tried a fresh installation of Vista to make sure that no bug got in. So must be some DAMN Vista settings

Thanks mates ... hope you enjoy this puzzle !

ragingspeed, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add Windows 7 Taskbar icon GPU freq./temperature/RAM used meter

Please add an option (which will also require an Options/Settings screen however, or else the main menu will be too cluttered) to have the GPU freq., temperature, videoRAM used and/or maybe GPU load shown in the program taskbar icon on Windows 7.
    It could have two options - cycle between modes (for example about each 10 seconds), or always show the same value - for example, GPU temp or load/etc.
    See how Core Temp does this for an example. (WinZIP also shows such a meter when decompressing archives.)

What do you think, could this be useful?

C++ examples here:
    Windows 7 Taskbar Dynamic Overlay Icons and Progress Bars
    http://blogs.windows.com/windows/ar...-dynamic-overlay-icons-and-progress-bars.aspx
    Windows 7 Goodies in C++: Taskbar Progress and Status Indicators
    Windows 7 Goodies in C++: Taskbar Progress and Status Indicators - CodeProject

Thema:

1. Bug: Tiny Taskbar Icons - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Bug Tiny Taskbar

2. Windows taskbar icons bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taskbar icons bug: Some icons look cut, already tried to restart a PC, Explorer, and apps that have these bugged icons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-taskbar-icons-bug/dab4acf3-580e-4dff-a18b-b37746d2fd0c
  3. Windows taskbar icons bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows taskbar icons bug: Some icons look cut, already tried to restart a PC, Explorer, and apps that have these bugged icons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-taskbar-icons-bug/dab4acf3-580e-4dff-a18b-b37746d2fd0c
  4. windows taskbar settings icon bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows taskbar settings icon bug: How to fix this, I just upgraded from windows 10 to 11 yesterday and find this feature bug.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SfglrifVJl1gWQ_aIcH5LitPOigs8QRC/view?usp=sharingWindows versionSystem Information...
  5. windows taskbar settings icon bug

windows taskbar settings icon bug: How to fix this, I just upgraded from windows 10 to 11 yesterday and find this feature bug.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SfglrifVJl1gWQ_aIcH5LitPOigs8QRC/view?usp=sharingWindows versionSystem Information...
  6. Taskbar Icon Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Icon Bug: My taskbar icons act like my mouse is hovered over them when it's actually not.This only happens on my main screen. Any help in fixing this would be great.I already found this - Taskbar hover bug - Microsoft Community - and the solution posted there isn't a permanent fix. The...
  7. Taskbar Icon Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icon Bug: Since I updated, my taskbar has this visual bug that bothers me a little, is there a solution for that? Is it just mine? What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-bug/df505c55-e3f7-4adf-8db7-2634731acecd
  8. Taskbar Icon Bug

Taskbar Icon Bug: Since I updated, my taskbar has this visual bug that bothers me a little, is there a solution for that? Is it just mine? What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-bug/df505c55-e3f7-4adf-8db7-2634731acecd
  9. Mail taskbar icon bug

Mail taskbar icon bug: Hi!So,I have this bug,that when i have no e-mails,the mail icon in taskbar says that i have two new e-mails,but when i select Gmail or Outlook,I HAVE NO NEW E-MAILS.Is there a solution to solve this bug? *If you don't understand some words,I am from Romania and my windows...
  10. Icons in Taskbar Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons in Taskbar Bug: [img] How to Fix it? Icons in Taskbar disappearing. 9723

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 taskbar bug

2. windows 10 taskbar height bug