Windows 10: BUG - "US (Qwerty)" keyboard is added automatically after reboot - Windows 10

Discus and support BUG - "US (Qwerty)" keyboard is added automatically after reboot - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My current language setting is: Language: English (United States) And ONLY "Turkish Q (Qwerty)" is selected under "Keyboards" setting. In other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by İbrahim Sidat, Feb 25, 2019.

1. BUG - "US (Qwerty)" keyboard is added automatically after reboot - Windows 10

My current language setting is:

Language: English (United States)

And ONLY "Turkish Q (Qwerty)" is selected under "Keyboards" setting.

In other words I have removed "US (Qwerty)".

The problem is whenever I restart my PC, "US (Qwerty)" is added automatically into "Keyboards" section as secondary option.

I tried adding US and then removing it, but after restart it appears again.

I don't want any keyboard settings section in my taskbar, how can I permanently remove US option? Thanks.

:)

İbrahim Sidat, Feb 25, 2019
  2. llb91 Win User

Windows 10 keyboard layout changes automatically when the computer gets locked.

This did not fix the issue. First, I only had one language installed.

Under the Language Options settings, it seems to default to the top keyboard layout in the list once unlocked. So if I removed QWERTY and added it so it came after DVORAK, then it was DVORAK upon logging in (even if it was QWERTY when it was locked). If
    QWERTY is first in the list, it is QWERTY upon unlocking.

This is a step back from previous versions of windows and not a good solution for me. I need it to stay what keyboard it was in when locked. It is very un-user friendly to switch based off the order they appear in the language options settings.

llb91, Feb 25, 2019
  3. D3LL Win User
    How to prevent Windows from automatically adding regular US keyboard

These steps should probably help you. Be sure that its not set as default when trying to delete.

4. DPM95 Win User

BUG - "US (Qwerty)" keyboard is added automatically after reboot - Windows 10

Is the a virtual QWERTY keyboard on the new KINs?

Is there a virtual QWERTY keyboard on the new KINs?

DPM95, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

BUG - "US (Qwerty)" keyboard is added automatically after reboot - Windows 10

1. BUG - "US (Qwerty)" keyboard is added automatically after reboot - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - BUG Qwerty keyboard

2. Unwanted switching of keyboard layout to US QWERTY

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted switching of keyboard layout to US QWERTY: I am using Japanese "Microsoft IME" as my only keyboard layout, but I had to change a registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts\00000411 to make it use a different underlying layout, other than the US QWERTY, namely a customized...
  3. English (US) keyboard keeps adding itself

English (US) keyboard keeps adding itself: About maybe once a week this English (United States) keyboard adds itself and as I don't need it I have to delete it every time. Is there a way to prevent it from appearing? And if it's intended behavior, well, it's really inconvenient. Language of Windows 10 is set to...
  4. How to prevent Windows 10 from automatically adding keyboard layouts US Keyboard

How to prevent Windows 10 from automatically adding keyboard layouts US Keyboard: So every time i Remove the US Keyboard layouts windows 10 adds it again even if i remove it and restart the damn think comes back and i cant change to the keyboard layout i want my windows 10 wont let me. So please help me i want English UK With swedish keyboard layout i dont...
  5. Keyboard layout ALWAYS starts with QWERTY after windows start [Win 10]

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard layout ALWAYS starts with QWERTY after windows start [Win 10]: [img] I use colemak, but have to manually change it everytime I start windows, and in some occasions it can't be changed from the menu above, and have to go to settings etc, delete a layout and add it again to change it. 127960
  6. Hindi automatically added to keyboard languages

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hindi automatically added to keyboard languages: Since I switched to Windows 10, I've noticed an unusual thing that Hindi language is already added to key board at my login screen due to which many a times I've to reattempt the login repeatedly as language has automatically changed to Hindi. I've extensively checked, I've...
  7. US keyboard added randomly

US keyboard added randomly: Hi, I am running a setup of dual-language on my Windows 10 machine. I got "US English" and "Native" language added, and only "Native keyboard" on both these languages. At random intervals Windows adds US Keyboard to my setup. The US keyboard is not listed in the Language...
  8. Windows 10 keyboard US UK

Windows 10 keyboard US UK: I have a Lenovo Idealpad 205 which I am using in the UK with Windows 10 op system. It has recently developed a problem with the keyboard settings and the @ symbol has now displaced the " symbol. Is this because it has defaulted to a US setting ? or something else. Does...
  9. How to prevent Windows from automatically adding regular US keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent Windows from automatically adding regular US keyboard: I'm trying to figure out how to permanently disable English US (regular) keyboard layout on my laptop, but for some reason after a while eventually the US English keyboard gets added back and placed above in priority over US International which is what I set it to when I...
  10. US vs UK keyboard This is a bug in the firmware!

in Windows 10 Support
    US vs UK keyboard This is a bug in the firmware!: When I first setup win 10 I accidently set me keyboard to UK style. I should have selected US. Now, when I boot up, the " and the @ are reversed. I go into keyboard setup and change it to US. ease of access change how it works ........ change input settings English US...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 change from uk qwerty to us qwerty

2. windows keeps changing to querty after restart