Windows 10: [Bug] Weird Windows Key / Start Menu bug since a recent update

Discus and support [Bug] Weird Windows Key / Start Menu bug since a recent update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I shut down my computer and boot it back up, there is a very high chance of my windows key not functioning, but I'm not sure if it's actually the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iSanghan, Mar 12, 2021.

1. [Bug] Weird Windows Key / Start Menu bug since a recent update

If I shut down my computer and boot it back up, there is a very high chance of my windows key not functioning, but I'm not sure if it's actually the key itself or if the start menu is bugged as clicking on that doesn't work either. When I open up say the Sound settings from the system tray, one of the buttons inside (ie the volume slider) are always highlighted as if I tab-selected it, but I didn't. This applies to any of the windows settings found there, if there's something selectable, it's tab-selected.

Also, if I during this state listen to anything, be it youtube, spotify or whatever, the top left audio overlay is permanently open (the one where it shows volume, title and the play/pause/skip buttons). Only a restart helps.

Any idea what this is and how to fix it?

submitted by /u/iSanghan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iSanghan, Mar 12, 2021
  2. JohnnyGui Win User

Weird graphical Start Menu Search bug

When typing something to search for in the Start Menu, the search results don't show up and a graphical bug is visible instead.

This happens randomly and only gets fixed after a reboot. The last time it occurred was after updating a Store app through the Microsoft Store.

[Bug] Weird Windows Key / Start Menu bug since a recent update [​IMG]

I have the latest updates for Windows 1809 Pro x64 installed.

JohnnyGui, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Windows 10 context menu bug after a recent update

Actually, that's not the complete picture. You won't find driver updates listed in the control panel, just software updates. My Control Panel shows...

...for the drivers you also need to look in: Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Update history
    Worth checking, as a display driver update would be my prime suspect.

4. Goran80 Win User

[Bug] Weird Windows Key / Start Menu bug since a recent update

Windows 10 context menu bug after a recent update

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, version 1607, OS Build 14393.693.

One of the recent updates messed the right click menu on Windows Explorer and Skype as you can see from the attached screenshots. It starts with all items blackened, and appear only when I go over them with the cursor.
    It starts randomly and while the restart sometimes helps, sometimes it doesn't. It is infuriating. I now noticed that I get the same bug when I right click on the taskbar.

There are things as well, but I need to investigate it more before I report them.

Is there a solution for this?
    Thank you!

Goran80, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

[Bug] Weird Windows Key / Start Menu bug since a recent update

1. [Bug] Weird Windows Key / Start Menu bug since a recent update - Similar Threads - Bug Weird Key

2. Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.

in Cortana
    Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.: This bug happens within the search bar where only certain apps will go into the recent search history in the windows search bar. Also, there's this bug where on the top of the search bar it shows 5 moving dots constantly but the search bar works normally. I have done an...
  3. Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.: This bug happens within the search bar where only certain apps will go into the recent search history in the windows search bar. Also, there's this bug where on the top of the search bar it shows 5 moving dots constantly but the search bar works normally. I have done an...
  4. Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10. Windows Defender bug since recent update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10. Windows Defender bug since recent update.: Good evening. Wish to report a new bug (with its software not as in virus or any sort) which has arisen recently with Windows Defender. The bug in question is scan times have gone massively long. Use to take 1 hour 30 mins to do a full system scan last week and nothing has...
  6. I found a bug in the start menu (bug)

I found a bug in the start menu (bug): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ChilDragonMC [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5t9rd/i_found_a_bug_in_the_start_menu_bug/
  7. Windows Start Menu Bug

Windows Start Menu Bug: I've encountered a weird bug that I'm assuming is caused by a new update of Windows 10 as I've never had this issue before. Whenever I open my Windows Start menu, it lags as it appears as well as when it disappears. The animation of it appearing and disappearing seems to be...
  8. Weird power menu bug

Weird power menu bug: [ATTACH] What is this power menu bug? https://preview.redd.it/dfgif0wfrvy31.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=0ff493ddd81e1bc13bb43670b45bfa4ebdc2c3a5 https://preview.redd.it/wpw8xmwfrvy31.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=cb98f4665e3f6d93d32073f33082a84e24cb29c4...
  9. Weird graphical Start Menu Search bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird graphical Start Menu Search bug: When typing something to search for in the Start Menu, the search results don't show up and a graphical bug is visible instead. This happens randomly and only gets fixed after a reboot. The last time it occurred was after updating a Store app through the Microsoft Store....
  10. Bugged Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Bugged Start Menu: Can anyone help to solve my issue with this start menu [img] 49907