Windows 10: Bug when searching for file types in Tiles mode

Discus and support Bug when searching for file types in Tiles mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Seloving [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Seloving, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Bug when searching for file types in Tiles mode

/u/Seloving, Nov 17, 2019

2. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Nov 17, 2019
  3. No search files on this computer option after update?

Hi Mally,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I suggest you to check if the Tablet mode is on or off.

Follow the below steps:

• Type tablet mode in the search bar and click on the
      Tablet mode settings

• Turn the Tablet mode to Off and check if it helps.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Bug when searching for file types in Tiles mode

Cortana search box - type request

Hi Richard,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What steps have you taken so far?
    • did you receive and error message?

I would suggest you to run System File Checker. its a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restored corrupted files. Follow the steps below:

• Press Win + R on the keyboard
    • Type CMD the hit OK
    • Type: sfc/scannow at the Command Prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Bug when searching for file types in Tiles mode

1. Bug when searching for file types in Tiles mode - Similar Threads - Bug searching file

2. Bug with the start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug with the start menu tiles: Hello community,in the image below you can see a bug with the start menu tiles. I can't remove them nor move them around or interact in some way. I just have the context menu with "More-> Deactivate Live-Tiles" if this is the correct translation.How can I fix/remove it?...
  3. Bug with the start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug with the start menu tiles: Hello community,in the image below you can see a bug with the start menu tiles. I can't remove them nor move them around or interact in some way. I just have the context menu with "More-> Deactivate Live-Tiles" if this is the correct translation.How can I fix/remove it?...
  4. Bug with the start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start menu tiles bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu tiles bug: My pc was working pretty slow so i decided to reset it. After reset everything was good when i noticed that the start menu tiles were messed up. Few tiles were overlapped on one another and while trying to seprate them the start menu...
  6. Dark mode search bar bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Dark mode search bar bug: I enabled dark mode on Windows 10 20H2 and sometimes when I click around, the search bar only is dark in the text box area, it looks like this: Imgur: The magic of the Internet It turns fully dark when I hover the mouse over it. Anyone know a solution? TIA 180811
  7. Can't type in Search bar when uploading a file

in Cortana
    Can't type in Search bar when uploading a file: Windows updated today and since then I haven't been able to use the search bar when uploading a file I have tried the solution given to this problem which is the same as mine but it hasn't fixed it....
  8. Bug on the Weather Live Tile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bug on the Weather Live Tile: [ATTACH] Does anyone else notice how the chance of rain in the Live Tile and the actual app are completely different? The app is correct BTW, there is no way it's raining today in SoCal. App Live Tile submitted by /u/Okami_Brian [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows tile bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows tile bug: [ATTACH] Tile bug after respected app update from MS Store submitted by /u/anonXYZnona [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/edzaah/windows_tile_bug/
  10. File type search?

in Windows 10 Support
    File type search?: Does anyone know of a way to search an entire computer for instances of a specific type of file? For example, Microsoft Word Document (.doc). I may know that I created a Word doc about something a long while ago e.g. a year, but I don’t remember the name of it, and where I...